Poll: do you like spicy food?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    fuck yeah!
    The butt burning afterwards is annoying tho.
    really? i rarely if ever get butt burning. or stomach burning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    I love hot and spicy. I have been the first time to an indian restaurant recently and I didn't even know what spicy was before. Delicious. Hot. My throat is burning.

My boyfriend doesn't like it that much though. ;_;
    vindaluu is excellent dish.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Oh yeah im gonna load up on tons of milk, yogurt, icecream and bread before trying a carolina reaper, they sound insane though in that spicy scale they use.
    i tried a carolina reaper and it didn't taste that spicy to me. maybe i got a bad batch but it tasted lower in heat than a scorpion.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends how spicy. A bit of heat is always good where applicable. However going overboard and making shit extremely spicy is a no go.

Food that tastes a lot thanks to spices? Sure I do.

Food that's just made to burn your mouth and tongue as much as possible? No thanks.

I do love the type of heat you get from Mustard however, the one which goes into your nose and sinuses rather than burns your tongue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, you think you like spicy food until you decide to order the Chicken tikka masala @ level 5 spicy. Indian food does not fucking play around with "spicy". Your butt hole will bleed the first time you venture into Indian spicy territory.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Caliente is for temperature hot. Picante is for spicy hot. Piquant is from a different origin (French) and means aromatic or flavorful.

China uses more words, but I don't know them all.
    They're etymologically related, likely both from the Latin root piccare.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Love it, but there's been a bad trend in recent years of people trying to make stuff as spicy as possible with no attention to flavor, and also trying to make random things spicy. No, I don't want ghost pepper malted milk balls or habanero jelly, fuck off with that. But if we're talking wings or burgers, hell yes.
    Yeah I've noticed that too. Getting tired of seeing stupid gratuitous stuff like chipotle bread crumbs or pepper-dosed whatever. These companies are just jumping on bandwagons while they think there's money to be made.

Anyway, if you guys like garlic/spicy, these are some of the best pickles I've ever had. Can't stop eating them once the jar is opened lol.:

All of the varieties are very good too, not just the Zesty Garlic. http://www.farmersgardenvlasic.com/products/

15+ Year Old Account
    Love spicy food. It should be spicy with a flavor though. Not just mindless drenching of hot sauce.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love it then about four hours later I hate it.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

LOVE it. But I don't like to sacifice good flavor for it. So if you can bring some heat and it still tastes great then I am all for it. But if its just lava that is heat but at the same time only taste like I put a handful of sawdust in my mouth than no thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Food that tastes a lot thanks to spices? Sure I do.

Food that's just made to burn your mouth and tongue as much as possible? No thanks.

I do love the type of heat you get from Mustard however, the one which goes into your nose and sinuses rather than burns your tongue.
    i prefer horseradish for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Yeah I've noticed that too. Getting tired of seeing stupid gratuitous stuff like chipotle bread crumbs or pepper-dosed whatever. These companies are just jumping on bandwagons while they think there's money to be made.

Anyway, if you guys like garlic/spicy, these are some of the best pickles I've ever had. Can't stop eating them once the jar is opened lol.:

All of the varieties are very good too, not just the Zesty Garlic. http://www.farmersgardenvlasic.com/products/
    not only that but you look at the ingredients and it's mostly generic spices or green/bell pepper powder or if your lucky red pepper powder with 2% or less of the actual ingredient. only get the stuff that lists it as the main ingredient.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uoyredrum View Post
    Love it, but there's been a bad trend in recent years of people trying to make stuff as spicy as possible with no attention to flavor, and also trying to make random things spicy. No, I don't want ghost pepper malted milk balls or habanero jelly, fuck off with that. But if we're talking wings or burgers, hell yes.
    i would like to try some ghost pepper malted milk balls.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it but it doesn't love me. If I go full out on a spicy dish I just need to make sure there is a toilet nearby. IBS sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i prefer horseradish for that.
    Aye, horseradish is great on things like potatoes. The fumes radiate right up through your beak (lol) and is part of the heat experience, but the flavor is good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post

I love those as well, they taste great

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    what do you mean flavorful?
    Thai Red Curry Chicken is something that I consider to be quite flavorful, but not hot.

Not at all. When the spice dominates the flavor of what you're eating, you've failed at cooking.

I don't like for the sake of hot. I love the taste of some hot spices/peppers such as jalapeno and thai chili peppers. the heat goes with the flavor.

If the spice adds to the flavor, yes. Granted, more of a mild or medium person now.
    However, it is far to common to have something be really hot, but also really bland at the same time.

I like it moderately hot. At some point it transforms into pure pain which takes away from the experience.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?