Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyro- View Post
    So we will see DH's running around with Ice Barriers? Interesting.
    no, its a purge, not a spellsteal

Not like it was useful anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoeth View Post
    Gutted the class? What was lost? You'll have to forgive my ignorance, as I've never had any desire to play something that wears a dress.

If by gutted you mean the loss of cool, signature abilities I can sympathize, but if by gutted you mean warlocks lost things that affect gameplay....well.....I've never heard of a skilled warlock having a hard time getting into +24 tyrannical HOV.
    The most iconic ability that demo locks had was Metamorphosis. It was taken, and given to DH.

Immolation Aura - taken and given to DH.

Several other abilities given DH are similar to warlocks'.

Demonology warlocks lost their identity after DH was released, and you can tell it. I have not checked recently, but not long after Demon Hunters were released, Warlock player numbers hit an all-time low, even lower than Monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    On the short 6 or 8 sec CD it was actually quite usefull, especially in annoying dungeons like shitlode where you can take off shields of NPCs with it and down them way faster because of that. They certainly added some NPCs this time around with the spell in mind ..

nice
    so youve never played a new dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The most iconic ability that demo locks had was Metamorphosis. It was taken, and given to DH.

Immolation Aura - taken and given to DH.

Several other abilities given DH are similar to warlocks'.

Demonology warlocks lost their identity after DH was released, and you can tell it. I have not checked recently, but not long after Demon Hunters were released, Warlock player numbers hit an all-time low, even lower than Monks.
    So wrong, those abilities were never iconic to Warlock, they were introduced in MoP were all stolen from WC3 DH to begin with. It's not like there was no compensation, demonology was redesigned to feel more like a summoner warlock than a DH, demo in beta feels amazing. On the other hand Reap Magic simply vanished from DK spell book and popped on DH's with no patch notes, no compensation nada...

On the same note, before DK was released warlocks had death coil. Was it stolen from warlocks? NO BECAUSE IT'S AN ICONIC DK SPELL FROM WC3!!!!
    Last edited by Khain; 2018-05-24 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRETTDESZORNS View Post
    nice
    so youve never played a new dungeon.
    Yes, I have. And it was far from useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    So wrong, those abilities were never iconic to Warlock, they were introduced in MoP were all stolen from WC3 DH to begin with. It's not like there was no compensation, demonology was redesigned to feel more like a summoner warlock than a DH, demo in beta feels amazing. On the other hand Reap Magic simply vanished from DK spell book and popped on DH's with no patch notes, no compensation nada...

On the same note, before DK was released warlocks had death coil. Was it stolen from warlocks? NO BECAUSE IT'S AN ICONIC DK SPELL FROM WC3!!!!
    Yes, they were iconic to warlocks in WoW. What WC3 had is not relevant, when talking about an existing class in WoW having abilities removed and given to another class. When a class plummets to least represented class immediately after this happens, one does not need to be a rocket scientist to see why.

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    So wrong, those abilities were never iconic to Warlock, they were introduced in MoP
    Both Metamorphosis and Immolation Aura are from WotLK, not MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    hardly, right now dh is a better tank in pretty much any aspect the only reason blood is king right now is because we bring 15% leech to the group if thats gone blood is just a shitty dh
    single grip. aoe grip with larger radius and no charge time. yeah. its just leech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    hardly, right now dh is a better tank in pretty much any aspect the only reason blood is king right now is because we bring 15% leech to the group if thats gone blood is just a shitty dh
    single grip. aoe grip with larger radius and no charge time. yeah. its just leech. aggramar is just full of DH tanks.

I've been gearing up a DH. Looks like I made a good decision in doing so.
    "Plato is dear to me, but dearer still is truth." - Aristotle

7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzards moving from one favorite child to another, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Yes, they were iconic to warlocks in WoW. What WC3 had is not relevant, when talking about an existing class in WoW having abilities removed and given to another class. When a class plummets to least represented class immediately after this happens, one does not need to be a rocket scientist to see why.
    Least represented in what capacity? Affliction is the TOP DPS spec in both mythic raids and M+22 keys, and the third highest represented spec in RBGs above 2k. Destruction is the second-highest represented spec in 3's above 2k. Demo isn't as dominant as affliction, but it certainly isn't a bad DPS spec by any means.

Jeez man, I can understand if you don't find the class/spec as fun as it once was, but that is entirely subjective. What is entirely objective is that Affliction is arguably the strongest spec in the entire game (again...), and Blizzard clearly intends to keep it that way.

Least represented in what capacity? Affliction is the TOP DPS spec in both mythic raids and M+22 keys, and the third highest represented spec in RBGs above 2k. Destruction is the second-highest represented spec in 3's above 2k. Demo isn't as dominant as affliction, but it certainly isn't a bad DPS spec by any means.

Jeez man, I can understand if you don't find the class/spec as fun as it once was, but that is entirely subjective. What is entirely objective is that Affliction is arguably the strongest spec in the entire game (again...), and Blizzard clearly intends to keep it that way.
    After they gutted locks to give shit to DHs, Warlock dropped below Monks in class representation, meaning people no longer wanted to play warlock. It has nothing to do with the dps capabilities.

15+ Year Old Account
    Never done a Mythic dungeon above +2 ?
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by TriggeredKid View Post
    Blizzards moving from one favorite child to another, end of story.
    i fail to remember DK ever being the favorite anything in the history of wow. they had some good times, but also plenty shit ones

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    i fail to remember DK ever being the favorite anything in the history of wow. they had some good times, but also plenty shit ones
    Blood has had the preferred toolkit for M+ most of this expansion. Moving the "preferred child" to another class isn't the problem, but rather that one tank is clearly superior to the others. The other tanks CAN get the job done of course, but Blood makes things MUCH easier in general.

Yes, I have. And it was far from useful.
    If you don't think purge isn't useful in m+, you are doing keys so low that it doesn't matter or you're simply not utilizing your toolkit. Full stop.

Blood has had the preferred toolkit for M+ most of this expansion. Moving the "preferred child" to another class isn't the problem, but rather that one tank is clearly superior to the others. The other tanks CAN get the job done of course, but Blood makes things MUCH easier in general.
    once they gave consumption the leech effect;
    i remember that before that there were DHs and paladins dominating m+

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    If you don't think purge isn't useful in m+, you are doing keys so low that it doesn't matter or you're simply not utilizing your toolkit. Full stop.
    We lived just fine without it in Legion. Want it so bad? Use a DH lol Don't wanna play one? Recruit one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Never done a Mythic dungeon above +2 ?
    Never done one without consume magic, apparently? What a useless ability. Enjoy they GCD for a shitty exchange of RP and one enemy without a shield or some shit that could be burned down in half the time it took you to press the button.