Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Trump fires 2 1+1 now equals 3... 3 has great credentials

Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    You showed the problem but missed it to
    I did not miss anything. But thanks anyways.

15+ Year Old Account
    If this was actually done by a credible independant organization, sure. The media, in general, has gone a bit far from the truth in many instances for the sake of ratings/creating a story. I don’t know that Musk is the right person to head such an endeavor, but I’d also have trouble coming up with who I would trust to do such a thing. I’d really just prefer news was really just the news and not one channels interpretation of what the events could really mean based on little or no actual evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Like most of your ideas, this one sucks.

And lol, a fucking spreadsheet. *head desk*
    I am sorry you feel that way, I hope you educate yourself on this topic in the future.

Deleted
    America to bring 1+1=2 to the middle east, taliban call 2 herasy, Allah only supports odd numbers

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    I did not miss anything. But thanks anyways.
    You missed that the issue is the news is biased, its not supposed to be, journalistic integraty demands journalist to be as unbiased as possible.

Soo, ole' Musky is mad at the press reporting on his shitty business practices, so now he wants to discredit the press via his rabid fanboy mob?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I wonder what qualifies Elon Musk to determine credibility...
    Well, he isn't a flat-earther...so that's at least a start.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol Pravda....

I guess it really does prove that most Libertarians are just a few butthurt feelings away from becoming full Authoritarians.

Grimes, run for your life girl!

We have to thank webcomics for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Lol Pravda....

I guess it really does prove that most Libertarians are just a few butthurt feelings away from becoming full Authoritarians.

Grimes, run for your life girl!
    Elon Musk and Grimes

So taking it back to the original post, how would you (or the public at large) hold a particular media organization responsible if they:

a) Reported a 100% false story as complete truth.
    b) Reported a highly misleading story with exaggerations, but which contained nuggets of actual truth.
    c) Reported a story mostly truthfully, but cherry-picked key context relevant to the full understanding of the situation.
    d) Reported an otherwise neutral story, but included obviously provocative "expert" opinion panel discussions as part of the story.

Deleted
    Feminism making 1+1=2 for men

Deleted
    Old Elon is going on rants a lot lately.

I know he's constantly under a lot of pressure, but I hope he wont turn into some crazy inventor in a few years.

Deleted
    Richard Spencer says 1+1=2. Southern poverty brands 2 a hate number

Seems fine to rate news corporations like this, since a lot of these places are really click baity to please advertisers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VexxedFox View Post
    Facts and truth aren't decided by consensus.

1+1=2 isn't decided because 4/5 people think that's the correct answer.
    I vote you incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    America to bring 1+1=2 to the middle east, taliban call 2 herasy, Allah only supports odd numbers

- - - Updated - - -

You missed that the issue is the news is biased, its not supposed to be, journalistic integraty demands journalist to be as unbiased as possible.
    Everyone is biased, including journalists, and more importantly, media owners. It is a simple human fact that can't be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgee View Post
    So taking it back to the original post, how would you (or the public at large) hold a particular media organization responsible if they:

a) Reported a 100% false story as complete truth.
    b) Reported a highly misleading story with exaggerations, but which contained nuggets of actual truth.
    c) Reported a story mostly truthfully, but cherry-picked key context relevant to the full understanding of the situation.
    d) Reported an otherwise neutral story, but included obviously provocative "expert" opinion panel discussions as part of the story.
    Well you just described Fox and Friends.

So... i guess they get rewarded for all that bad faith with daily phone-interviews from the President?

The basic rules of media today:
    1. Leftists have to follow all rules and all actions are suspect & worthy of unending cynicism, scorn.
    2. Fascists and Libertarians can gaslight America & their base through lie after lie. If it works to persuade their base, it's smart & fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Everyone is biased, including journalists, and more importantly, media owners. It is a simple human fact that can't be removed.
    that would be true if not for the few examples of unbiased news sources that make it a point to either provide both dies equally or to remove any opinion from articles by having its scrutinized by teams of editors before publication. the more people involved in writing and article the less like ones individual bias is likely to affect it especially if those people have differing views.

this isn't a "it impossible so why bother" situation thats what they want you to think so they can keep spinning there agendas with false authority,

and its not something thats been here since the start this level of bias opinionated news in the main stream is a new thing, the main news via the broadsheet newspapers was historically non biased on social issues, in fact im staring at an article written in 1910 about black people heading to make an argument against the ban on interracial marriage and bar the use of the word negro which was common at the time its a very fair article that simple reports the event and passes no comment on the legitimacy of there argument good or bad.

there was biased partisan media ofc but the majority of sources prided them selves on ensuring they said the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

but back then they had nobel ideals around bias and making sure it was left to the reader to form an opinion, today's media fundamentally docent trust the people to make up there own minds in a way they like and intern we have stopped trusting them.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2018-05-24 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be a magnificent idea as long as the definition of credibility is "Not reporting incorrect or false information due to diligence in fact checking" and not some other metric.

Quote Originally Posted by VexxedFox View Post
    Facts and truth aren't decided by consensus.

1+1=2 isn't decided because 4/5 people think that's the correct answer.
    1+1 = 10 mate
    and the geek shall inherit the earth