Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

so this is where being able to define you self leads to....

original article that got my interest and gave me a head ache. i slammed my head onto my key board so hard im gonna have qwerty stamped into my head all week.....

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/0...omens-officer/

im not sure if this guy is trolling on a whole new level or actually serious if its the former then he is an absolute troll master

, David will be a candidate for election as an office-holder in his Constituency Labour Party in Basingstoke. He is standing for election as women’s officer, a post that Labour rules say can only be held by a woman. David is standing for that post because he is a woman. On Wednesdays, at least. When we spoke yesterday, he put it like this:
    I self-identify as a woman on Wednesdays, between 6.50am when my alarm goes off and around midnight when I go to bed.
    What does self-identifying as a woman mean? In what way is David a woman on Wednesdays?
    “My womanness is expressed by my saying ‘I self identify as a woman’ now and again on Wednesdays. I make no changes in my behaviour or my appearance. I keep my name, David and my male pronouns. I wear the same sort of clothes I wear the rest of the week. I keep my beard. I enjoy the full womanness of my beard.”
    this guy has to be trolling the labour party right ? using there own rules against them. he gets away with it because.

Labour operates a policy of self-definition: if someone defines themselves as a woman, the party recognises that person as a woman, with no question, verification or scrutiny of that definition. This approach is intended to make the party inclusive and supportive of transwomen, people who were born male and later say they wish to change their gender and be recognised as female. Many advocates of greater legal rights for trans people say that accepting such self-identification is right and fair because “gatekeeping” checks, where trans people are required to “prove” their gender identity to another person or authority, are discriminatory and intrusive. “Transwomen are women,” they say, as if those three words are all that’s needs to settle this matter. More on this later.

The Labour approach on self-defining women also extends to the all-women shortlists used to select the party’s candidate in some parliamentary seats. Some Labour members have doubts about the policy of self-definition. Some are feminists who worry that a policy that allows male-born people (who might have enjoyed the social and economic advantages that are often associated with being male) to compete for and hold women-only posts is unfair to people who were born female (and thus prone to social and economic disadvantage.)

Some raise legal questions. Generally, equalities law doesn’t allow organisations such as Labour to reserve jobs or services for any particular group, but the Equality Act 2010 includes some exemptions for single-sex services, because Parliament wanted to ensure that women could be guaranteed that there are some roles and places where men cannot enter.
    idk i am half amused and half confused on this, is this a clever use of policy to get around job gender requirements, trolling or is he actually genuine ?

Reminds me of the euro dude who chose to recognize dozens of genders in addition to "ladies and gentlemen" before a speech.

Clearly we shouldn’t support the rights of trans people since this dickwad ruined it for everyone.

Also- man tries to game system: news at 11
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2018-05-24 at 09:56 PM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

What's he hoping to accomplish by such open abuse of the system? Is he trying to show that trans peoples rights are a problem? Don't think any attempted point against trans is working, when it's a regular dude purposefully causing a problem. If anything, he only hightlights someone such as himself to be the whole problem, not anyone trans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

I have to admit, that's kind of funny.

Deleted
    top banter

If people stopped freaking out about trans people they could put actual rules in place for these things. Like requiring them to at least be going through the proper steps to change gender like going to therapy and starting hormone treatment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Advocatus Diaboli View Post
    idk i am half amused and half confused on this, is this a clever use of policy to get around job gender requirements, trolling or is he actually genuine ?
    Two wrongs make a right plus I think there are some very rude people questioning his transition.

Deleted
    after reading some more im 99.999999% sure this guy is literally just trolling the labor party by trying to be an extreme example to the point of ludicrousness

tl;dr: Oh my god! If trans people are allowed to use the bathroom they want to use, all of our children will get raped by perverts! Now, let me go rape a child in a bathroom to prove I'm right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    tl;dr: Oh my god! If trans people are allowed to use the bathroom they want to use, all of our children will get raped by perverts! Now, let me go rape a child in a bathroom to prove I'm right.
    ??? whats this gotta do with bathrooms or trans people ???

its a dude using a loophole in labors gender policy to not question to apply for a female only job

this is the guy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    top banter
    i think its kind of creatively funny in a way, it kind of highlights how careful you need to be when it comes to law and policy for anything because theres always those looking to exploit things.

Deleted
    I identify as a lightbulb. That's because I'm bright.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    If people stopped freaking out about trans people they could put actual rules in place for these things. Like requiring them to at least be going through the proper steps to change gender like going to therapy and starting hormone treatment.
    The UK would have to clean up it's requirements for trans people before his could be viable. Right now Europe, in general, has a huge HRT black market because the wait lists are absurd and current clinical practice is well behind. Informed consent is a tremendous benefit to trans people here in the US, particularly if you have to move or switch jobs and your provider falls out of network.

I identify as a man trapped in a womans mind trapped in a mans body , with one boob bigger than the other ( because why cant that be a gender too), as asian little person woman trapped in a white/native 6'2 body , with a micro penis ( thats supposedly a gender too) but only on the weekend. On monday i identify as a latino man named carlos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nymphetsss View Post
    I identify as a man trapped in a womans mind trapped in a mans body , with one boob bigger than the other ( because why cant that be a gender too), as asian little person woman trapped in a white/native 6'2 body , with a micro penis ( thats supposedly a gender too) but only on the weekend. On monday i identify as a latino man named carlos
    I identify as someone who just replied to a forum post... I’m very fluid...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I identify as a lightbulb. That's because I'm bright.
    Yeah, but you are asking to be called dim.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the real question -- why do you care what someone decides to identify as?
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Here's the real question -- why do you care what someone decides to identify as?
    They identify as people who care about what other people identify as? I think I may be taking this whole identify thing too far... well... I identify as someone who thinks they are taking this whole identify thing too far... okay... now I identify as being sure of it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The big question for like half-a-decade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    I identify as someone who believes this to be a big question for like half-a-decade.
    Fixed... I identify as someone who thinks you are playing this game wrong.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Fixed... I identify as someone who thinks you are playing this game wrong.
    Not really. The game is old and tired and this weird obsession the right has over us and pronouns is kinda eggy in general.