Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Gains View Post
    Common sense is something you are clearly lacking, considering you can't seem to wrap your head around basic information. I know reading comprehension is a skill not everyone develops.
    Was there an actual argument you had or are you now casting off all pretenses? You're literally only here to complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Leveling a new character is though.
    no.
    grinding all legendaries was a grind - this is a relaxed saturday morning.

There's no argument. My point was a simple truth. Existing content that is put into the game whether allied races exist or not isn't additional content made for allied races.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just do the world quests and you will be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yes and? The point is when races were introduced before they were available at the start of the xpac, so if you wanted to play them they could start when all others started. Now they need to be unlocked at a later time, so you either repeat then what you already earned on that previous, temporary char or you buy a race change.
    This is why I don't feel like people who are disappointed about this are being irrational. I did want to level a Mag'har warrior at the start, get my armor and all, but now I won't. It would be nice to have the heritage armor, but how many warriors, rogues and hunters and mages does one account really need?

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    AP based on Artifact knowledge was a failed system.
    Why do you say it failed? It did exactly what it was designed for, giving an alternative to hard time-gated content and offering those that were willing to grind it out faster than average a way to do so while still giving them just a few weeks ahead of the 'casual' player. I was very clever design which I hope will be applied to other content as an alternative to hard time-gates.

Yup, Looks like I won't be unlocking any of them, Hell I couldn't be bothered to grind my Nightfallen to this xpac let alone any more I hate rep and grinding for nothing.

This is why I don't feel like people who are disappointed about this are being irrational. I did want to level a Mag'har warrior at the start, get my armor and all, but now I won't. It would be nice to have the heritage armor, but how many warriors, rogues and hunters and mages does one account really need?
    This is something of a tangent, but I think you brought up an interesting point.

Is heritage armor REALLY enough of an incentive to level up another character from scratch, especially when that armor can ONLY be used on that specific race? I don't feel it is.

I really wish Blizzard had more of a reward for the account from leveling up another character. The heritage armor should be usable on any character of any race your account has, at the very least.

Deleted
    Blizzard initially had some lawyer esque wording with out telling you quite exactly what you needed to do, or how long it would take, they essentially said it was just buying the xpac. It's shifted now but even on the main page it's been changed from 'buy xpac to unlock' to 'earn respect'. It still feels like there's an intentional vagueness. A lot of soreness about this is because Blizzard weren't honest to begin with in my opinion.

I remember the complaints on reddit (use only occasionally for the WoW news) specifically about the dishonest way they had worded things and quite frankly it has soured the whole thing for me. The grind doesn't bother me but that does, it tells me what they must think about the average player, an idiot to be exploited.
    Last edited by mmoce9fe1e7ffd; 2018-05-25 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Why do you say it failed? It did exactly what it was designed for, giving an alternative to hard time-gated content and offering those that were willing to grind it out faster than average a way to do so while still giving them just a few weeks ahead of the 'casual' player. I was very clever design which I hope will be applied to other content as an alternative to hard time-gates.
    Because it was a diminishing returns system that encouraged EXTREMELY unhealthy time investment. Keep in mind the context of the post I was responding to: Protecting players from themselves, and how I said it should be done with better design rather than just time-gates.

The concept of providing additional progression at level cap was a good idea. The implementation of AP was not. If anything I would have liked to have seen higher levels of AP gained by overcoming difficult content rather than be pushed through diminishing returns by raw hours. This is why I suggested using some form of M+ style progression. During each additional content release of higher iLVL gear, those challenges would inevitably become easier as players obtained new gear, allowing more casual players to progress higher, while giving more skilled players new levels to push through.

Time sinks + Time Gates are just Blizzard being greedy and fueling the subscription model. Time Gates which can be bypassed by skillful play, however, is a better system. Especially when there are also catchup mechanics in place for more casual or less skilled players to eventually get passed the challenge eventually.

That's just my preference. Don't take it as a perfect system. I remember when people lost their minds when they needed to score bronze/silver or whatever in the training grounds before being able to use LFD. So many people thought it was unfair, when really it was such an easy hurdle to prove the most basic abilities of not standing in the fire, Threat management, and DPS.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    No I didn't. I just think instead of them saying 'available at launch' they should have said 'available to grind at launch' it's clever wording to trick people.
    If anything, the "Allied Race" rather than "Race" is the tricky part.

They were clear that they're "Allied Races," which have required grinds, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AgeOldGnomette View Post
    Blizzard initially had some using lawyer esque wording with out telling you quite exactly what you needed to do, or how long it would take, they essentially said it was just buying the xpac. It's shifted now but even on the main page it's been changed from 'buy xpac to unlock' to 'earn respect'. It still feels like there's an intentional vagueness. A lot of soreness about this is because Blizzard weren't honest to begin with in my opinion.

I remember the complaints on reddit (use only occasionally for the WoW news) specifically about the dishonest way they had worded things and quite frankly it has soured the whole thing for me. The grind doesn't bother me but that does, it tells me what they must think about the average player, an idiot to be exploited.
    We're still months out, with an asterisk attached to basically everything, in a game which changes all the time.

Overall, I think people are looking for something to gripe about, if pre-order users are griping about the unlock.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    The blade of logic is not sharp enough to cut through this dense a layer of stupidity.
    Blade of Logic is only +5 vs ignorance. It gets no bonuses vs stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Blade of Logic is only +5 vs ignorance. It gets no bonuses vs stupidity.
    This quote just won the whole thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Had been like this forever. I still remember doing hodir dailies back in wotlk with 5 chars. Not nice, but had to be done. Same now to unlock the races.
    Was like this back in vanilla. Only difference is if you wanted to finish it it in a few months you had to kill and endless amount of mobs for like 3 rep apiece.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Yup, Looks like I won't be unlocking any of them, Hell I couldn't be bothered to grind my Nightfallen to this xpac let alone any more I hate rep and grinding for nothing.
    If unlocking different races counts as "nothing," then obviously you wouldn't want to put in the effort to get them. But since complaints like this are about things the people do actually want (but just don't like the effort/time required to get them), that sounds distinctly not like "nothing" to me.

If you play the game normally you will easily reach exalted in a normal amount of time. Played 2-3 nights a week, mostly raiding and was able to get exalted with all the factions rather easily. Not to mention anniversary tokens and DMF make the rep grind ridiculously easy anymore.

Well, since we shouldn't have to earn the trust of the Mag'har or Dark Iron, at least from a story standpoint, yes it seems like something worthy of outrage. As mentioned before, it makes sense for the Kul Tirans and Zandalari, but for two factions we already have close ties to? Doesn't make sense. To be honest this is just one more minor detail in the giant pile of horseshit that makes me regret preordering the expansion.
    Well yes, those two might be another story. But they couldn't just hand us two while gating the rest, then other people would be rushing to forums to complain.

Work for it, and be rewarded is an amazing concept in MMOs. We're getting too much handed to us allready anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Well why would you want to unlock them, if they don't mean anything for you? Your logic is amazing.

Also getting to exalted with factions in WoW is stupid easy now, sure it might take some time to do if you do it casually, but you don't have to farm a set group of mobs for months that reward 3 rep each. Want to get exalted with Mag'har? Do Mag'har WQs everyday, tadaa. Not only do you get a bunch of reputation, you also get rewards!

This game is so infested with entilted brats wanted everything now and for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    I still agree with this concept. Earn it.
    More like grind it. You’re not “earning” anything but wasted time lmao.

races are lame, not that excited to grind them

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Well yes, those two might be another story. But they couldn't just hand us two while gating the rest, then other people would be rushing to forums to complain.

Work for it, and be rewarded is an amazing concept in MMOs. We're getting too much handed to us allready anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Well why would you want to unlock them, if they don't mean anything for you? Your logic is amazing.

Also getting to exalted with factions in WoW is stupid easy now, sure it might take some time to do if you do it casually, but you don't have to farm a set group of mobs for months that reward 3 rep each. Want to get exalted with Mag'har? Do Mag'har WQs everyday, tadaa. Not only do you get a bunch of reputation, you also get rewards!

This game is so infested with entilted brats wanted everything now and for free.
    I don't expect every thing for free I just want to do 5 mans and Raid. I have never done daily's and will not start now I have hated leveling since the game released, I just push through that shit as fast as possible to get to the content I care about. I would gladly faction change and pay before doing rep grinds just like Id rather buy a level boost than level another character to 110. I just want the new races to be tied to me buying the xpac like every race has been before this.

But then again there are really no new Horde Races that are cool. we get Brown Orcs and darker Blood elf's. I thought the new races should be on opposite factions then Id maybe try to unlock them.
    Last edited by schwank05; 2018-05-25 at 07:59 PM.