Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said Emissaries are not joining BfA.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I loved them.

Deleted
    Any single design decision is currently part of their new philosophy : maximize "subscription time vs design resource" ratio. Legion was really a switch from "the usual MMO grinds" to this optimization.

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    I can see your point, but you have to take into account that this creates a bifurcation. Those that have the skill get more rewards making further progress even easier. Those that don't have the skill are stuck and can't progress, so they have to wait for 'the nerf' to the content. Systems like AP/AK and Titanforging replace the nerf with a probabilistic gradual neft over time, coupled with an effort investment angle.

As for 'protecting the players from themselves', this is completely at odds with the idea of 'there is always a chance for progress'.
    It depends a lot on the nature of the content. This is why I keep using M+ as an example. Players working at lower levels are still seeing the content, while higher-end players have real challenges to look forward to.

Simply getting higher rewards doesn't make further gains easier if further gains carry additional difficulty as well. In fact this is probably a better place for diminishing returns to be used than in a straight up time-sink. Where the further you progress, the less effective the rewards keep up with the difficulty, placing more and more strain on player skill.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it's like Suramar? Bring it on.

If it is like that atrocity known as Argus, f that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point from the early days of this game has been about the grind. Why would one think there would not have to meet the same requirements of the previous races?

Idiots in this thread thinking the War Campaign won't be timelocked like Suramar.

1 week...Okay guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

getting to exalted is super easy nowadays though...questing and just doing the current content will get you there with no real effort...i don't see what the problem is here.

you'll probably just have to do your dailies again like in legion, big woop. might be a pain for people that come in months later, but it's still not hard. wotlk was hard in comparison to legion (still easier than vanilla/bc with those tabards) and was actually necessary for raiding because of those shoulder enchants locked behind the rep...allied races are just a bonus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm pretty sure they said Emissaries are not joining BfA.
    there are emissaries in bfa

What if I don't care about unlocking allied races? I mean, I don't plan to make a new character for every single race that pops out... I already don't have a character for every current race. If anything, one race will be your favorite and you go for that one. No need to grind them all for no reason.

Same ppl that would cry over that are the same ones that cry over flying... if you play the game they pretty much hand it to you in time. /thread
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    They can. Keep reps, but remove the grind. Rep should be gained through normal questing related to the actual story. When it's turned into something you have to farm weeks for, that's just not fun.

Either that or make grinding rep a byproduct of playing elsewhere normally, such as we were able to do under the old tabard system. I'd much prefer that than having to wait around for the right WQs and emmisary quest rewards.
    How is doing WQs not playing normally? The tabard system was abandoned for a good reason; maxing reps by going to a vendor then spamming dungeons was dumb.

I do think it should require Revered, not Exalted, but in the end this won't be a serious barrier for anyone who really wants a Mag'har or Dark Iron.

Quote Originally Posted by chikan View Post
    there are emissaries in bfa
    Quote Originally Posted by Aexo View Post
    yes, there are emissaries in the beta currently, including one for the required faction for these races
    Sorry if I was wrong, I could have sworn something reqarding WQ was removed. Oh well, disregard what I said @yjmark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I loved them.
    There are emissaries on the beta

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    I still agree with this concept. Earn it.
    Do you think Blizzard fucked up with the previous races and that we should have had to grind them out?

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I agree that WQs are boring. However, are they still doing Emissaries in BfA? If so, that pretty much removes the need to do WQs every day. In Legion, I only did the 4 WQs needed for the Emissary on any days that they were up. Otherwise, I did not do any world quests. Still got to Exalted in a few weeks. It worked out pretty awesome.
    That's my point though: Why did it even require the additional weeks of emmisary quests in the first place? At the point that you've completed the relevant story, why aren't you already exalted (or whatever rep is required)?

And once again, for the sake of clarity: I'm not advocating that people shouldn't have to work for rewards. Im just saying the work should make more sense and have context. You've saved the village, or city, or defeated the BigBad....but here, that's not good enough! Go do some menial tasks for a few weeks...maybe then we'll trust you.

Do you see what I mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    If it's like Suramar? Bring it on.

If it is like that atrocity known as Argus, f that.
    Even Suramar had some repeat dailies and such to reach exalted after you finished up all the story quests. It was kind of insulting, all things considered. After everything we did for them we still had to do chores before they fully approved of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    How is doing WQs not playing normally? The tabard system was abandoned for a good reason; maxing reps by going to a vendor then spamming dungeons was dumb.

I do think it should require Revered, not Exalted, but in the end this won't be a serious barrier for anyone who really wants a Mag'har or Dark Iron.
    It wasn't dumb at all. It was definitely a bit limited because it was still early times for WoW. But it allowed you to just choose what kinds of content you actually wanted play, and then you'd get rep passively. The tabard system would fit BfA even BETTER, considering how many more options we have for types of content to play: Dungeons, BGs, Arena, Islands, WQs, M+, Raids, etc.

Instead of thinking "Uhg...gotta log in and do my chores for the day..." You could just log in and actually play what you're interested in and enjoy doing. How would that be bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    WOT!? I have to play the game in order to play the game?! What is this? Some kind of game to be played?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionknight View Post
    Oh Boy! More Grinding! Yay...……

Grinding sucks.
    you will do the story line most likely anyway and with wq you get exalted without even noticing, but please QQ more on forum
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

don't pull the mmorpg card. WoW's basically been touted as the killer of the genre since it came out.

anyway games been out since 04 so it's no surprise people expect different things from it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

It wasn't dumb at all. It was definitely a bit limited because it was still early times for WoW. But it allowed you to just choose what kinds of content you actually wanted play, and then you'd get rep passively. The tabard system would fit BfA even BETTER, considering how many more options we have for types of content to play: Dungeons, BGs, Arena, Islands, WQs, M+, Raids, etc.

Instead of thinking "Uhg...gotta log in and do my chores for the day..." You could just log in and actually play what you're interested in and enjoy doing. How would that be bad?
    Doing WQs is alot less of a chore than spamming dungeons because it is objectively the best way to level a reputation, if you ask me. The ''option'' boiled down to that most of the time.

Besides, the new contract system that allows you to funnel all your WQ rep towards a particular faction will make it even easier to beeline for the one you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit5555 View Post
    Even new classes, such as DK and DH, both had requirements to unlock them. So honestly none of this is really new.
    People are just grasping at straws to bitch at something.