Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    This will probably end up closed, however, I agree that infractions should be given out constantly (since we have the system) instead of a thread being closed.

EDIT: However, the mod was right in that case, imho. It went off the rails and was getting ridiculous. They even apologized for not being able to police it.
    Except the infractions are inconsistent. Call someone special ed and get an infraction even if the person you replied to said you were retarded and had downs syndrome and then report that post and nothing happens. Most of the mods have favorites and vendettas.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    Anyone that trolls the threads of someone that just recently died should honestly just get perma banned. The level of piece of shit you would have to be to attack a guy that recently died, or attack people in a thread about someone that recently died is pretty out there.
    I think I've only seen one person ever perma banned from this forum, and I can't even remember what they did. WTB the story of Semaphore.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    News Flash Mods, Closing a thread isn't moderation its being fucken lazy.
    Yes, it is. Especially when rules were established on the first page and then ignored by the moderation when people were flagrantly breaking it.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-05-25 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    That's bullshit. I've moderated forums in the past. That particular thread would have been easy to fix.
    It's all volunteer though, my dude, they don't exactly have full-time staff manning a customer service center. It's like, five people for that forum.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    It's all volunteer though, my dude, they don't exactly have full-time staff manning a customer service center. It's like, five people for that forum.
    Yes, I was a volunteer as well. Volunteer or not, moderating a forum is not "challenging" or "difficult". A quick look in a popular thread like the TotalBiscuit thread is all it should have taken to realize what was going on and start proactively moderating the situation.

Can't be a mod don't be a mod its that simple. Just closing a thread because your too lazy to moderate isn't actually being a mod.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Can't be a mod don't be a mod its that simple. Just closing a thread because your too lazy to moderate isn't actually being a mod.
    Like I said earlier, there was some pretty terrible things being said in that thread. For some reason TB threads turn into persistent dumpster fires, inexplicably. It's painfully obvious from the outside that they require constant monitoring. The TB thread weeks ago about his retirement from gaming criticism went the same way.

Like I said earlier, there was some pretty terrible things being said in that thread. For some reason TB threads turn into persistent dumpster fires, inexplicably. It's painfully obvious from the outside that they require constant monitoring. The TB thread weeks ago about his retirement from gaming criticism went the same way.
    Yeah huh its almost like the same 6 people every time doing it. If only something could be done about them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

7+ Year Old Account
    AKA - reward the shit posters, punish the genuine posters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Yeah huh its almost like the same 6 people every time doing it. If only something could be done about them.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Exactly
    {10char}

To be fair its not first and for sure not last time, when they close topics against their own rules, mods who ware cought with racisit, sexist post are still "moding" and closing w/e they feel like it. Community or atleast big part of community here its the reason why so many pll are still here, to bad from a while ago this site is going into trollish shi*hole...

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this thread is technically pushing the line with rules but if there is a constant offender that gets banned several times, action must be taken. Now I don't know what a fair amount of bans would be(I'm talking full on bans not actual infractions that break) before they're done with MMO-Champion.

I'd offer to help but I only came to the realization I'm probably not good for a mod. I'm afraid my "biases" might hinder me too much(And we all have biases or whatever you call them).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Seriously, WTF. A clear case of something that should have been easily moderated. The culprits are far from difficult to ferret out.

Kind of regret my premium membership when I see knee jerk reactions like this.

What a shame.

Their moderation is the only reason I won't sub. It's a joke and they know it. That is why they have the ole we don't discuss moderation actions spiel.

Deleted
    Make premium only threads, it should be easily affordable by anyone who spends enough time here to consider posting

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any forum I moderated before we infracted those the broke the rules and left the thread open. Only reason threads were over closed is if they broke a rule on thread creation.

Ban the 6 shit posters doing it and leave it open for those who use it as intended. Not really hard to do, All Edge did was give the shit posters what they wanted.

The new TB thread is having the same issue and guess what the common factor is.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ban the 6 shit posters doing it and leave it open for those who use it as intended. Not really hard to do, All Edge did was give the shit posters what they wanted.

The new TB thread is having the same issue and guess what the common factor is.
    Those 6 posters have been empowered. No stopping them now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    So instead of them getting taken care of by mods, the entire thread just gets closed. I'm not sure whats so hard about just enforcing the rules that were established literally on page 1.
    I'm confused.

The thread was closed because there was already a thread about it. Which was clearly stated and even linked to. Not because of people being trolls.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by MacGregor3 View Post
    Make premium only threads, it should be easily affordable by anyone who spends enough time here to consider posting
    That's kind of a good idea. If a thread is getting out of control, set it to "Premium Only" mode.

But on the other hand, if a lurker wants to come in and share some thoughts and condolences and can't that's pretty crummy.

I like the idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm confused.

The thread was closed because there was already a thread about it. Which was clearly stated and even linked to. Not because of people being trolls.
    And the thread that was already made about it was closed by Edge because the 6 shit posters got there way. There was no reason for it to be closed when the majority of the posts was doing what the thread was intended for.

Instead of banning the shit posters who was derailing it, Edge just outright closed it.

They shit posted to get the thread closed and edge gave them what they wanted. The quality of this site is being turned into reddit because there is no actual moderation being done.

Edit: This being the original thread.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...it)-has-passed
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-05-25 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Bring Endus back, at least he actively moderated.
    Actively meaning "If you say something I disagree with you get infracted"