Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Actively meaning "If you say something I disagree with you get infracted"
    Well yeah, he was actively infracting people, which is what this thread is about.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm confused.

The thread was closed because there was already a thread about it. Which was clearly stated and even linked to. Not because of people being trolls.
    ...what? I'm talking about the big TB thread. The one that the other thread directed to when IT was closed.

Nobody is talking about the small one that was closed, but the large one was that derailed by ~6 people and just closed instead of fixed.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I'm confused.

The thread was closed because there was already a thread about it. Which was clearly stated and even linked to. Not because of people being trolls.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49453019
    Unfortunately this thread derailed into a lot of unproductive bickering, trolling, and flaming. Sorry that we weren't able to heavily police the thread, we can't be in every thread all the time. Closing this down since it's gone sufficiently off the rails despite good intentions.
    You seem to be thinking of a different thread?

- - - Updated - - -

disagreed with him often, was never infracted for disagreeing with him.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks even worse when a mod drops in, draws a line in the sand and then leaves the thread.

There are a lot of threads, yes, but to say they couldn't moderate what was easily the highest profile news of the day centered around an incredibly popular streamer is really disingenuous. The thread went off the rails after like 2 pages and continued to burn for the next 30 before it was nuked from orbit.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-05-25 at 11:53 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I have no love of Endus but clearly 99.9% of the the people being infracted were assholes skirting just a bit too far over the line of flaming. Instead of stopping, reflecting on why you were being such an asshole, those people turned around and claimed bias. Interesting that the only ones repeatedly whining about Endus were the shitposters. Huh.

7+ Year Old Account
    Only ever saw the population of common shit posters bitching about Endus. Still a bit surprised he was removed from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It looks even worse when a mod drops in, draws a line in the sand and then leaves the thread.
    Yep that's the shit that annoys me the most.

So many mods drop in do a one liner then leave just to come back later and close the thread. Most of the time a huge amount of trolls are not even infracted for it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Only ever saw the population of common shit posters bitching about Endus. Still a bit surprised he was removed from modding.
    Oh please. You say something even remotely not confirmed about Trudeau or Merkel and it's infraction: Conspiracy or a stat or counter point about a PoC and it's forbidden topic meanwhile you could say whatever you want about the US or white people all day long. I've had several of his infractions overturned.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh please. You say something even remotely not confirmed about Trudeau or Merkel and it's infraction: Conspiracy or a stat or counter point about a PoC and it's forbidden topic meanwhile you could say whatever you want about the US or white people all day long.
    Hyperbole makes any kind of meaningful discussion impossible.

I've had several of his infractions overturned.
    Sure you have.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2018-05-26 at 12:05 AM.

Mod warnings should be given in an edit of the OP, along with adding " **MOD WARNING** " to the title... instead there was a pitiful warning given on the 2nd page that went unnoticed...

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    I have no love of Endus but clearly 99.9% of the the people being infracted were assholes skirting just a bit too far over the line of flaming. Instead of stopping, reflecting on why you were being such an asshole, those people turned around and claimed bias. Interesting that the only ones repeatedly whining about Endus were the shitposters. Huh.
    See above. Under his gaze you weren't skirting shit. If anything he was the one skirting because you could sit and say white people are the cause of all disease in the entire world but say the same weird statement about black or muslim and infracted. Even more so you could criticize Christianity or Hindu until the cows come home, but the second you bring up excerpts from the Quran to back up a statement and bam.

Don't even try to say that it was ever him getting people skirting being an asshole.

Even better case would be an infraction from saying "I'd like to see you go to African countries and complain to them about not having enough diversity and see how you get laughed at"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49453019

You seem to be thinking of a different thread?

- - - Updated - - -

disagreed with him often, was never infracted for disagreeing with him.
    Didn't disagree on his "special topics"

Make another topic if you want to whine that Endus infracted you for shitposting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't you all volunteer to be mods then? Also, it's hilarious there's no accountability for the people who derailed it beyond redemption by responding 20 times to people they knew were trolling, especially brig.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Why don't you all volunteer to be mods then?
    Because that's not how it works and, if anything, armchair moderating tends to make things worse. The best us regular folk can do is report and ping a moderator to step in. Blocking works but it's only a local option an can be bypassed with quotes.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-05-26 at 12:19 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Edge- explained it pretty well:
    Edge was useless in that thread, just like all the other mods were. If you say "If you derail the thread, you'll face consequences", and then don't actually hand out those consequences, but just shrug your shoulders and give up, then you're wasting time. Nobody's going to take a mod seriously if they keep shaking their fingers at people, and then scurry off and hide until they got tired and just click the close button.

This site is getting worse and worse as far as moderation goes. If you're going to be a mod, be a mod. This ridiculous play-acting is pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    Well yeah, he was actively infracting people, which is what this thread is about.
    Yes, but he was infracting people because he had a hate-on for them, not because of anything they said or did. I should know. I had the misfortune to disagree with him in an Overwatch thread, and from then on, every time I posted in a thread he looked at, I got an infraction. I even got an infraction for my Beta Club sig being too big, even though a) everyone else had the same sig, and b) I'd had the sig for months before anything happened. I can't prove it was him that did it, but based on my history here, I'm as positive as positive can be.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    The people who were honoring Totalbiscuit by talking about where they first heard of him or some of their favorite videos just get steamrolled by the ~6 trolls who just wanted to shitpost in the thread.

So instead of them getting taken care of by mods, the entire thread just gets closed. I'm not sure whats so hard about just enforcing the rules that were established literally on page 1.

I sure as hell hope all the mods realize when you don't bother to moderate a thread and instead just close it, you're sending the message to the asshole trolls that they should keep doing what they are doing.
    One thread being open about the man's passing is plenty... more than that is unnecessary.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2018-05-26 at 12:44 AM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Which thread was closed? There are at least 2 open ones about the man's death already... One actually is plenty.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-passed/page32

The problem with Mods on this website is as clear as day: for the most part they're drive-by mods. They usually aren't frequent participants in the subforums, or at least in the most popular types of threads. They don't know the people. They don't follow the conversations. They don't read the entirety of the threads. So when the time comes to "moderate", it's invariably sloppy.

To me, this is particularly amusing. In an exchange with a blue, one of them (take a wild guess) said a bunch of crap that neither of us believed about "context", which of course, is impossible to create for the mods, when the mods aren't participants. To create "context" one has to be involved.

So yeah. Bad moderation will continue until we get mods who are actually participants in the types of the threads that are posted. In OT for example, most of of the threads are politics or current events. Of the listed mods in OT:

Pendulous, Kasierith, Shamanic, -aiko-, Jester Joe, Gray_Matter, GothamCity, Thwart

I think only Kasierith is a regular (and frequent) participant, and to a lesser degree GothamCity and GrayMatter. I can't recall a single fucking post from the rest of them, ever. But maybe that's because I don't participate in "silly" threads there. Edge-, Crissi and a few others who have nothing to do with OT do moderate there, and usually do "have context".
    Last edited by Skroe; 2018-05-26 at 12:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    One thread being open about the man's passing is plenty... more than that is unnecessary.
    I'm not sure that some of you coming in actually understand the problem some of us are having.

There was a thread started about TB in the video game forum. It went on for a long time.

There was another thread started in the OT forum that got closed because the first thread was up.

The first thread then got filled with trollish comments by the same ~6-7 people and ultimately was closed instead of actually moderated.

And now there's a 3rd thread that has been opened after all of this which is going to suffer the same fate due to lack of moderation.

The problem is that the first thread was fine and should have just been moderated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yes, but he was infracting people because he had a hate-on for them, not because of anything they said or did. I should know. I had the misfortune to disagree with him in an Overwatch thread, and from then on, every time I posted in a thread he looked at, I got an infraction. I even got an infraction for my Beta Club sig being too big, even though a) everyone else had the same sig, and b) I'd had the sig for months before anything happened. I can't prove it was him that did it, but based on my history here, I'm as positive as positive can be.
    I've had that experience with a mod as well... however, I wont name names, but I'm heartened to see that they aren't a mod any longer.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.