Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I think the Warden class should be the Demon Hunter 3rd spec, because "The hunt becomes the hunter", after all what happened in Legion the wardens should know that the demon hunters have so many things in common as they do, so they should teach them their way, turning their teachings into the 3rd spec of the class. Even Illidan became the Warden of Sargeras.
    This would be the best option. Wardens have too much in common with other classes to be their own thing, but they would work as a modified Demon Hunter. We really do need another class to use ranged weapons, too.

I'd go with a mid-ranged, mobility themed mail class. Not sold on what the theme would be- perhaps the dragonflights?

Bronze as a time healer that reflects damage, has a healer based stagger effect, strong speed boosts and slows, etc.
    Green as a DoT/Acid/Mushrooms sustained damage offhealer type similar to Disc, but leaning more DPS.
    Blue as a mobile nuker that gets more of their class resource by walking over ley-energy orbs that randomly spawn near it.

Deleted
    None .

no new classes really. it's bad enough they're treating every specc almost like stand alone classes now try adding even more into the mix and make them stand on their own....

that said I'd love to see cosmetic tweaks for a class to fundamentally change the theme. Like shadow priest turning into 'ascendant' and swapping out it's shadow damage for whatever element of the user's choice. hell you could look at unholy DK and turn them into a 'tinker' simply by changing the skins/models of it's pets/minions (same for warlock).

Again, at this point in the game I think we're rather bloated on classes with the emphasis on end game raiding as it is

I want them to make current classes fun before adding any new ones

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Since BFA is the new race expansion we likely wont be getting a new class until the next one. My question is which class would you like to see added?

The way I see it is we are long overdue for another mail armor class. Currently we have:

Plate classes - 3
    Mail classes - 2
    Leather classes - 4
    Cloth classes - 3

Clearly a bit imbalanced in terms of equality. My suggestion for a WoW lore class would be Wardens. A mail armored wearing stealth class. They should have both a melee and ranged spec. I foresee them as primarily DPS, but pure dps classes dont seem to jive with Blizzard's design philosophy these days.

Other lore classes were missing could include:
    Shadow Hunters
    Witch Doctors
    Dark Rangers
    Mixologists
    I would like to see 4th/3/5th specs
    aswell as tinkerers
    shadow hunters could be a priest spec
    witch doctors a shaman
    dark rangers hunter
    moxologists tinkerer spec
    battle mage for mage, going into melee and using spell enchanted weapons, instead of fireball they lace their blade with fire, then they use an icy barrage of slashes, and arcane shotgun blasts.
    and many others like necromancer a dk spec or warlock spec.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-05-26 at 06:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I know it is just a dream but i wish for a D2 styled necromancer or d3 witchdoctor mostly for the permanent pet armies specs (old skelly necro or zuni-fethish doc).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spellbreakers and Wardens...

Either as plate or mail wearing classes. Spellbreakers could be a mitigation tank much like blood DK's are atm, with a potential healing and ranged spec.

Wardens being melee dps hybrid, with roguelike elements in design and a tank spec based around evasion or minions from Spirits of Vengeance
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Warden. It's time for a mail-wearing tank.

Spellbreaker. It's time for a cloth-wearing tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Spellbreakers and Wardens...

Either as plate or mail wearing classes. Spellbreakers could be a mitigation tank much like blood DK's are atm, with a potential healing and ranged spec.

Wardens being melee dps hybrid, with roguelike elements in design and a tank spec based around evasion or minions from Spirits of Vengeance
    I really can't see Blizzard creating another Elf-centric melee class after Demon Hunters. I'd rather them use Warden and Spellbreaker concepts in the Demon Hunter class.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    As long as it has a healing spec I'm happy!

15+ Year Old Account
    Would be cool if they add a new speciazations to the game overlapping 2 classes, maybe unlockable with a cool questline.
    Dark Ranger for Rogue or Hunter! Blood Knight for Paladin or Warrior! etc etc

OT:

Dark Ranger: (Hero Class)

Specialization: Darkness
    The Dark Ranger can sneak up upon their unsuspecting target, unleash heavy damage and leave multiple debuffs on the target then disengages before the enemy has a chance to retaliate. Through dark illusions and slows, Dark Ranger will confuse their targets to keep the enemies at bay until they have an opening to re-enter melee combat to deal heavy damage or finish them off from range.

10+ Year Old Account
    My general assessment is that the two classes that have the best chance to make an appearance in future expansions are Tinkers and Dark Rangers. Both concepts have the benefit of being ranged and possibly utilizing mail armor.

The Tinker really has no downsides in terms of pure design. As my Tinker class concept showed, you could easily develop 3-5 unique Tinker specs and have little to no overlap with existing classes. In an environment where people want to avoid classes feeling too similar to each other, that is a huge advantage in the Tinker's corner.

The Dark Ranger is a bit more tricky, because at best you're looking at another 2-spec class that is going to he taking abilities from existing classes. Most notably, Black Arrow, which has been a staple within the Hunter class for multiple expansions would have to be permanently moved over to a DR class. Additionally you have the problem of coming up with specs for this class that don't run over existing Hunter specs. Hunters were recently changed because Blizzard found it difficult to create 3 unique specs that use bows. They would have to come up with at least 2 more unique specs to make this concept viable. Also, it's highly doubtful that such a class would be anything other than a DPS class. Tanking or Healing really doesn't fit Sylvannas' style.

Despite those shortcomings, you have a popular hero concept and some interesting ideas from HotS, so I think the DR is a very real possibility as a future class incmusion.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2018-05-26 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    My general assessment is that the two classes that have the best chance to make an appearance in future expansions are Tinkers and Dark Rangers. Both concepts have the benefit of being ranged and possibly utilizing mail armor.

The Tinker really has no downsides in terms of pure design. As my Tinker class concept showed, you could easily develop 3-5 unique Tinker specs and have little to no overlap with existing classes. In an environment where people want to avoid classes feeling too similar to each other, that is a huge advantage in the Tinker's corner.

The Dark Ranger is a bit more tricky, because at best you're looking at another 2-spec class that is going to he taking abilities from existing classes. Most notably, Black Arrow, which has been a staple within the Hunter class for multiple expansions would have to be permanently moved over to a DR class. Additionally you have the problem of coming up with specs for this class that don't run over existing Hunter specs. Hunters were recently changed because Blizzard found it difficult to create 3 unique specs that use bows. They would have to come up with at least 2 more unique specs to make this concept viable. Also, it's highly doubtful that such a class would be anything other than a DPS class. Tanking or Healing really doesn't fit Sylvannas' style.

Despite those shortcomings, you have a popular hero concept and some interesting ideas from HotS, so I think the DR is a very real possibility as a future class incmusion.
    I tend to agree. Tinker is such a broad concept that it could cover any number of specs, pulling abilities that would otherwise not have any relation or theme, and making them work under the umbrella of "Goblin/Gnome tech!" But that also has the downside of diluting any class-theme as well. If you've noticed, all the classes added to the game have been very strong, thematically speaking. DK, Monk, Demon Hunter. This is where something like the Tinker would have to be very careful, and also why I think Dark Ranger will never be a thing. Dark Ranger is really just too close to Marksman Hunter who wears a lot of black.

Necromancer. Have it play similar to current lock's demo spec but with a healing spec. That and I'd like to come back to Northrend, write some new threat there.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Other lore classes were missing could include:
    Shadow Hunters
    Witch Doctors
    Dark Rangers
    Mixologists
    So like, they basically toss everyone Martinis and we basically get a “Healer” that gives Brewmasters’ Stagger to everyone in a raid?

With great class fantasy ability names like, Take the Edge Off, Make it a Double, Shaken not Stirred, and Last Call.

I like this, let’s do it. Can someone get me a class mock-up here and send it to Blizz? We got some money with this, I feel it!

DPS spec could basically be a Molotov Grenadier.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Dark Ranger/Void Hunter/Sister of the Moon class??
    I am totally into this idea as well.