Poll: World of Warcraft 2?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Ick, no. My love for EverQuest was destroyed by my guild falling apart in the wake of EverQuest 2. My love for FFXI was destroyed by the dev team abandoning the game in order to work on FFXIV.

I'd like to think Blizzard is smart enough not to poach their own playerbase and won't make the same mistake. MMO sequels / remakes / whatever are dumb.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it is. I'm not sure why everyone is saying 'No'. Every new expansion has been roughly the same thing with a new skin. I can agree that Legion was fun and a better expansion, it's still the same gameplay. And I know It's stale for me. A new 2018 polish of WoW 2 with a new engine would be great imo. I don't think it will happen, but it should happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ionexe View Post
    Yes. I want WoW 2.
    Bored of expansions, same thing all over again. Reset and farm what you already had once again.
    WoW 2 would give new mechanics, new graphics, new pretty much everything.
    Basically this guy summed it up I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    While i am not for "please blizz make wow2 for better graphics" i dont agree with the most arguments here presented, the same goes for the different direction argument. The reason being that game direction change all the time, new engine or not. WoW is like a different game already if we compared it 8 years ago, thats the reason why we get wow classic.

So while yes going in a different direction and design choices could upset the playerbase, that is something that is already happening wow 2 or not
    I don't think the difference in WoW between, let's say Cataclysm to Legion, are as drastic as the differences between GW1 and GW2. Again I say this as someone who didn't play GW1 but that is the impression that I get. I don't think it's an apples to apples comparison. A drastic change like that could be successful for WoW but I am not sure how it would be. It would have to be a pretty damn compelling game.

No. Just look at Everquest 2 for reference.

Cataclysm wasnt out 8 years ago And there is also the example of FFXI to FFXIV, last one again fare more popular.
    But it did severely anger their FFXI playerbase. It made some degree of sense for Square-Enix to try again due to the middling popularity of FFXI. It makes zero sense to risk WoW's playerbase on a gamble like that. A lot of people would wash their hands of Warcraft MMOs if they stopped supporting WoW in favor of a new game.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Because "new hur dur" its a buzz word.

People need to give example of improvements and of the new.
    Do you honestly need an example? Look at their newest game Overwatch. All the little details it has but yet runs smooth as hell. I know the code is different but that was at one point going to be Blizzard's new MMO. It has it's own physics engine, with destruction, and so could WoW 2. Subtle things that the new WoW can have. You're walking towards goldshire and decide to be an ass and break the crates outside of the inn. I'm not sure they'd respawn, maybe the inn keep comes out and breaks a new one. Idk. But yeah.

Oh and the armor. Have you seen how many years WoWs armor sets have been in the past? Each set has been geosets for years, with a unique helm and shoulder model. It's 2018 and we are finally getting some slight and much needed variation to that. Not to mention better physics for capes.

With a new engine comes new possibilities. How can you make WoW familiar but a brand new experience? They can probably do some sort of pseudo freeform combat with a combination of tab targeting but with newer technologies mixed in. It's where Blizzard shines, the small subtle polish and game mechanic smoothness. It's a pipe dream but the potential is immense.

Two you can start seeing WoW commercials and advertisements again. I'm pretty sure ActivisionBlizzard realizes that WoW is not a game that can keep growing and bringing in millions, it's only here to sustain what it can for the next however many years.

10+ Year Old Account
    So literarly the first 2 paragraphs is just graphics

The later ones dont make any sense, not only is "pseudofreeform" and tab target literarly the opposite of each other any mmorpg that strayed away from holy trinity failed flat on his face on challenging pve content.

Seems not enough to justify a wow2
    Then literally nothing is going to justify a WoW 2 for you. You're just coming in with a bad mindset. Nothing is going to change because you don't want it to change. Maybe you should go splash some water on your face, take a deep breathe, and realize times change and they need to change. WoW is probably the only game you have played and will ever play right?

Why would WoW need a new II game? XPacs already serve that function. Only way they'd do a WoW 2 is if they did what Star Wars did and got back in time ala Old Republic to like War of the Ancients era Azeroth, or go into the future.

I'd rather see the next great MMORPG, whether or not it's a Blizzard game who knows? perhaps we'll never see another great MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Why would WoW need a new II game? XPacs already serve that function. Only way they'd do a WoW 2 is if they did what Star Wars did and got back in time ala Old Republic to like War of the Ancients era Azeroth, or go into the future.
    To be fair either of those time jump settings could also just be an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovyn View Post
    I'd love to see your source for your "no" being everyone's opinion
    you have your source right here. Every comment is a no
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Cataclysm wasnt out 8 years ago
    I didn't say it was. I was just using it as an example. You could extend that back to Wrath. I'm not sure it would make that much of a difference.

Now you have a point in how much change is to much but for that to discuss we need a defined WoW2 to compare. Just saying that the point on its own is little bit moot because the game changes all the time and quite dramaticly.
    I guess we will have to agree to disagree here. I don't think the changes WoW has undertaken over the years would be equivalent to the changes we have seen many MMO sequels bring to their respective franchises.

15+ Year Old Account
    WOW got kinda stale. I know they keep improving this 15 year old engine all the time, but it has its limitations. Wouldn't a brand new engine with far better visuals be the boost WOW needs? It would also create a big buzz and bring many new players in because there are a lot of people who don't want to play a 13 year old game and it doesn't matter to them that it basically is being reset and improved every expansion.

They could do it like Final Fantasy 11 -> 14 - starting completely fresh. FF 14 was very very successful (second time around, but that's another story)

Your thoughts?
    I would have liked the option to vote “no, but maybe in the future”. I’d like an updated engine as well, and less reliance on the current regurgitation of quest styles and raid formats, but I’m not sure now is the right time.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    For the 100th time.

No.

/end thread

I'd love to see your source that "a lot of people" aren't playing it for the reasons you listed however.
    If he posted a picture of his ass, they'd ban him.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    For the 100th time.

No.

/end thread

I'd love to see your source that "a lot of people" aren't playing it for the reasons you listed however.
    For the 101th time

Yes.

/Continue Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    To be fair either of those time jump settings could also just be an expansion.
    Not with our current characters. They already used up time travel with WoD. It would be a lame, desperate plot device to use it again.

Would take too much time to create alongside the existing game. Not worth a potential 5-10 year content drought.

For the 100th time.

No.

/end thread

i want wow 2

WOW got kinda stale. I know they keep improving this 15 year old engine all the time, but it has its limitations. Wouldn't a brand new engine with far better visuals be the boost WOW needs? It would also create a big buzz and bring many new players in because there are a lot of people who don't want to play a 13 year old game and it doesn't matter to them that it basically is being reset and improved every expansion.

They could do it like Final Fantasy 11 -> 14 - starting completely fresh. FF 14 was very very successful (second time around, but that's another story)

Your thoughts?
    WoW 2 ? are you series? Most of the pansies on these forums are still whining to go back to the START of WoW 1

We haven't even got classic servers and you already want TBC servers?