Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Despite their Crystal tech, there's still the Warframe and the Vingilants which are pretty clear examples of Draenei/Naaru technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    /snip
    Whatever dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tttsssrrr View Post
    I've liked this idea, but only as a Tank/Ranged DPS class. Tinkers shouldn't get a healing spec. Demon hunters can only be blood elf and night elf. A class with only two racial options does just fine with only two specs. To say that gnomes and goblins can heal with technology at an equal level to druids, paladins and shamans is a step too far. (Technology healing felt off even in Star Wars: I suspect it would feel horrible in WoW: imo.) They wouldn't need a ranged and melee DPS spec because the shredder blades and chainsaws (etc.) would belong to the tank. I also don't think that the DPS class should eschew the mech in favor of turrets. It would limit what raid designers could come up with too much movement/too situational. If there was too much set up required before a fight, it would get old fast. And what about Mythic+ content where everyone is moving as fast as possible? I could see A turret as a viable talent option, but to make it a focus of the spec, I don't like.
    Generally the healing is based largely on the Goblin Alchemist hero from WC3. I did pull some of the healing attributes from Swtor, but given the nature of technology in WoW, a healing concept using tech shouldn't be too far out there.

As for the turrets, the only spec that uses them is the Mechanic spec which mainly uses them as a resource to form more powerful constructs, but also uses them for utility purposes as well. It shouldn't be much different than how Shaman place totems (w/ totemic projection), except the spec should allow you the flexibility to choose whether you want stationary or mobile assists. However, even that spec tends to revolve around Wrenchcalibur instead of the turrets specifically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    I think @Illidari had a pretty good idea with the Tinker+Archeologist variety of Artificer.

The new Overwatch character combines two different characters. Maybe instead of mechs, an Artificer could go in a more of a steam knight direction using a smorgasbord of abilities from different tech families?
    Could you go into a bit more detail with that? Like would this "various tech" be just an assortment of abilities cobbled together like the Bounty Hunter class from SwotR, or would there be more cohesion (i.e. a Draenei-based spec, a Titan-based spec, etc.)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Whatever dude.
    What? Taking the childish "whatever dude" way out? Can't fight any of the points I made? I'll see you and your dishonest arguments later, bud.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanted to broaden the scope of tinker races, you could include:

*Dwarfs with more sturdy machines
    *Draenei or lightforged draenei with light-based mechs
    *Blood elves with their arcane guardians or blood golems
    *Orcs or mag'har with Iron Horde machines
    The shadowy Daughter of Urthona stood before red Orc,
    When fourteen suns had faintly journey'd o'er his dark abode:
    His food she brought in iron baskets, his drink in cups of iron:
    Crown'd with a helmet and dark hair the nameless female stood;

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post

The problem with that is some folks don't view any of that as legitimate technology, or as simply extensions of Goblin and Gnome tech.

Silly I know, but there are examples of that attitude in this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Could you go into a bit more detail with that? Like would this "various tech" be just an assortment of abilities cobbled together like the Bounty Hunter class from SwotR, or would there be more cohesion (i.e. a Draenei-based spec, a Titan-based spec, etc.)?
    Probably the former. Like having an Arrakoa solar cannon and being able to drop a Draenei power crystal that empowers you like the Probius' crystals from HotS being housed in a single DPS spec.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post

My guess is that it would be easier to explain things by having goblin/gnomes steal or adapt tech from those areas rather than have entire races get their own spin on the class. Blizzard already spends an inordinate amount of time coming up with each new form for each race of druid. Having another class require that kind of customization is probably outside the realm of possibility.

I say it stays goblin and gnome only
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Agreed.

@Rhamses: Your idea sounds interesting. Feel free to PM me more ideas about this "Artificer" spec. If you can produce enough material, I'll make it a spec for this concept and I'll give you credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    I won’t argue too hard, it just a fan-concept and I respect that...in game lore already supports multiple races being this class outside of the goblins and Gnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    I won’t argue too hard, it just a fan-concept and I respect that...in game lore already supports multiple races being this class outside of the goblins and Gnomes.
    Yeah, I think people can get a bit too caught up in these discussions. We need to remember that this entire thing is just a concept and in the end, Blizzard will decide what happens one way or the other.

Keep doing what you do best! We will never give up on the Tinker unique class idea! until it's implemented.

I want a bend metal ability like Bender from Futurama

This concept is really great! I love it! 4 specs is too much tho, imo 3 specs would be better. You should post this on official forum too. Maybe they'll consider it if it has many support by player there. Just like how DH finally make their entrance on Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhka View Post
    This concept is really great! I love it! 4 specs is too much tho, imo 3 specs would be better. You should post this on official forum too. Maybe they'll consider it if it has many support by player there. Just like how DH finally make their entrance on Legion.
    4 specs is perfect.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

AMAZING! I NEED THIS! sry about the caps but please Blizzard, please!

Edit: amazing job @OP, really...congratulations mate!
    Last edited by ravell; 2018-09-04 at 08:32 PM.

The Tinker Class

VII. Conclusion

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread. I appreciate it. Please leave your comments, and suggestions. I will update this thread when I complete the talents. Additionally, the medic Tinker's image is just a placeholder. I'll have a new image up for it shortly.

Special thanks to Blizzard, Wowhead, and other sources from which I pulled various art and ideas.
    This idea is stupid... why did you waste your time on this?
    Last edited by Castration; 2018-09-04 at 08:29 PM. Reason: editing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    This idea is stupid... why did you waste your time on this?
    Because I wanted to.

Because I wanted to.
    Just stop. There is no need for this nonsense.

Deleted
    Just stop. There is no need for this nonsense
    On the contrary, his work is great and lot of player would love a Tinker class. It's sad you don't but don't spit on other and people who spend time and work to achieve something. If you think tinker is non sense, then I suggest you to open your eyes and lean warcraft lore. Technology, steampunk and such thing are part of the lore and warcraft universe.

- Look at recent lore
    Mekkatorque and Galliwyx combat in their mech suit in Dazar'Alor raid
    - Mechagon zone and dungeon will introduce a lot of tinker related things
    - In Darkshore warfront, the Horde will recruit Azerite goblin mech as their special unit that player can control, using tinker ability
    - Engineer azerite helm bring tinker ability like throwing saw or shield
    Last edited by mmoc6144bd9763; 2018-11-25 at 11:23 AM.

Fantastic job!

I want a Blizzard Sci-Fi MMORPG. But if they simply add Sci-Fi stuff to WOW then I'll love it too.

Maybe they will merge the Starcraft universe with Warcraft.