Poll: Capping Titanforging

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Yes but there more variety though if both dungeons and raids stay relevant rather than doing the same activity for months on end. We tried raid or die in wod the game was on life support. I know but that's why I support a valor point upgrades system like the Argus trinket to help player with bad luck as well as craft-able items coming back. They should let us craft sockets with currency to reward seniority and dedicated rather than luck. Someone can hit the jackpot but other players can work up to that point with a valor point system and crafting system.

It's either burnout or just not playing because of a lack of content repeatable like warlords... I think most of the burnout came from the artifact power system and the legendary system.
    I think the compromise is a system that lets you manually upgrade your gear over time, with more difficult content letting you upgrade your gear faster.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    I think the compromise is a system that lets you manually upgrade your gear over time, with more difficult content letting you upgrade your gear faster.
    That's what I want but blizzards in love with this huge titan forging upgrade thing being exciting kek. I'd also like for craft-ables with month long recipes grinds to comeback to help people who get fucked over. We need aoe, single target, and movement based sets. They can make gearing easier but tune fights and gear around more than one set, If that makes sense. It would offset the increased drop chances.

An example is the eye command dope as shit on non movement fights but it blows ass on fights where you have a whole lot down time on a boss or one that heavily favors ranged.

Ill add one more suggestion each time you upgrade you gear the overall materials needed go up. Upgrading a 915 piece to 985 would take a massive amount of resources but 960-985 not so much.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-05-26 at 02:36 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I would honestly have it removed completely. It's just a stupid RNG fest and for some reason only serves as the only way to get upgrades for people doing M+. The higher the key the better the gear you should get. Anyone wanting to progress their character is best off running +15s for efficiency at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    But then you would have nothing to do anymore very fast and that would be very sad.
    I dunno, I just like raiding, so even the weekly M+ feels like a chore. It's fun once I get into it and it's over, but I'd prefer to just raid.

But that's just me, I understand Blizz wants to give everyone stuff to do.

But then you would have nothing to do anymore very fast and that would be very sad.
    People kept raiding in ICC and other end raids.. gear is not the only reason to raid you know.

Especially since gear is completely useless if you killed the last boss already.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    People kept raiding in ICC and other end raids.. gear is not the only reason to raid you know.

Especially since gear is completely useless if you killed the last boss already.
    ehm... no, they did not. At least not the guilds I knew of. When the last boss was down the raid was perhaps cleared one or two more times and then never touched again.
    Yeah.

ehm... no, they did not. At least not the guilds I knew of. When the last boss was down the raid was perhaps cleared one or two more times and then never touched again.
    Yeah.
    Why yes, your anecdotal experience was the only relevant one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XbcTV View Post
    Titanforging should be removed but it makes the casual playerbase happy and theyre 90% of players so its not going anywhere. I do believe TF should be limited to its difficulty though. If you want mythic quality gear you should raid mythic, some mythic bosses require leagues more skill and patience to kill than even the hardest heroic boss. Welfare loot is bad for the game
    Im a casual. Have been formthe entirrety of WoW. I hate TF/WF. I LIKED being able to look through loot of content i could realistically complete, plan out my available BiS, and then complete that list.

Trust me, not all casuals like TF/WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    People who vote no cap are objectively wrong.
    Let it roll!! Random is random and we might as well have people hitting the lottery,
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Just remove this horrible implementation upon the game ENTIRELY.

It does nothing for the game but further devalue one's play, time invested and hard work rendered by spoonfeeding those who put forth less the same or better rewards for hardly near the same amount of time, effort and practice that these players have offered up of their own to have, and to truly earn and deserve the rewards they get the benefits of.

Make WoW Great Again.
    Last edited by Vx-Odessa-xV; 2018-05-27 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vx-Odessa-xV View Post
    Just remove this horrible implementation upon the game ENTIRELY.

It does nothing for the game but further devalue one's play, time invested and hard work rendered by spoonfeeding those who put forth less the same or better rewards for hardly near the same amount of time, effort and practice that others have to truly earn and deserve the rewards they have and get the benefits of.

Make WoW Great Again.
    if your value as a player is determined by the ilvl of your gear, you have your own problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    if your value as a player is determined by the ilvl of your gear, you have your own problems.
    My value as a player is determined by the measure of the things I have accomplished, and nothing I set myself to is capable of being reached alone.

Hard to reach these things and feats when the playerbase has fallen so far and dissolved away that what remains, staring us in the face is only those with their hands laid out, waiting to be handed their next demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post

M+ has changed things - even after a boss kill a lot of guilds have a M+ team which usually gets prio on gear, op trinkets, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    It's okay to be "done" with gearing. For people who wanted to play more, they could gear up alts. TF also causes issues with tuning raids, since they have openly admitted they tuned raids around people having gear TF'd higher than what was originally intended for that raid tier/difficulty. So where does that leave people who are unlucky with TF? Even further behind the gear curve. Just one more layer of RNG that loot didn't need.
    encounters arent tuned around single people, but around raid groups.
    and adding layers of rng actually stabilize the outcome around an expected value. thats how probability works...
    if really titanforging exasperated the split-raiding problem, but didnt add one.
    Last edited by omeomorfismo; 2018-05-27 at 09:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cap it to difficulty, or cap it to +5 like it was in MoP.

The fact I have had 950 normal and 980 heroic drops are stupid, in no way should heroic gear ever be available at a higher iLvl than mythic.

Titanforging is completely harmless. If they want to nerf it, nerf it, but I'd rather it stay due to giving more surprise to loot. Being able to see exactly what every boss drops right in the dungeon journal kind of removed the magic of that.

Plus it has clearly given people reason to farm older content, always a plus.

It does not somehow damage the prestige of getting that high level gear from upper tier raiding since they have the same rates of titanforging as everyone else, and titanforging is random and rare enough to not be a sustainable replacement to actually getting gud.

Titanforging should be removed.

But if it's to remain it should have no cap, so it actually does what it's designed to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Titanforging is completely harmless. If they want to nerf it, nerf it, but I'd rather it stay due to giving more surprise to loot. Being able to see exactly what every boss drops right in the dungeon journal kind of removed the magic of that.

Plus it has clearly given people reason to farm older content, always a plus.

It does not somehow damage the prestige of getting that high level gear from upper tier raiding since they have the same rates of titanforging as everyone else, and titanforging is random and rare enough to not be a sustainable replacement to actually getting gud.
    Titanforging is extremely demotivating. It means you will never be done gearing up, it is impossible. Which means there's no point to even trying. So just give up.

It's also extremely demotivating to see e.g. someone who just leveled up do a world quest and random themselves into an item better than something you could ever possibly hope to realistically get almost no matter how much effort you put into it. But you'll try anyway, also making it extremely exhausting since this means you never run out of content to do.

This, no joke, caused two of my friends - who were very focused on progressing their characters as one of their main goals - to stop playing the game.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Tfw no "remove titanforging" poll option.

Honestly, I liked the start of WoD more where gear randomly came with very minor upgrades that didn't break the game nor would have you seriously go out of your way to farm (with the exception of multistrike) like speed and leech. I still use so much HC gear in Mythic prog because I'd need a massive mythic titanforge proc on newer drops to ever replace it.
    RIP ArenaJunkies

Personally I want to see it gone all together. However, if forced to pick something it should not be able to exceed the current tier ilvl and there should be a max cap on how many ilvls it can jump. Like an LFR item shouldn't be able to TF to mythic level.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has to be A CAP and I think either #2 or #3 is most plausible.

Titanforge has it's place for Blizzard in making people farm the same shit, it's good for their retention. However, too severe and it starts digging into content and other parts of the game, this is where the cap comes in.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Deleted
    At level 110 I got a 325 titanforged item on beta. (Keep in mind HEROIC level 120 dungeons drop 325 and mythic drops 340 items) And for comparison mythic argus drops 250 loot.

Pretty insane. That's a +115 item level proc AFTER the stat squish seeing how normal mode bfa dungeons are supposed to drop 210 items.