Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    No, it's about GUN violence. Violence done by people WITH GUNS.

You gibbering fucking retard. You solve these things one step at a time, usually by taking the weapons out of the equation first....
    Violence is done even by people without guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Violence is done even by people without guns.
    No fucking shit. Astounding observation. Except that we are fucking talking about fucking violence done with fucking guns...

Try a bit harder next time, maybe you will miss the point even more....

Deleted
    No fucking shit. Astounding observation. Except that we are fucking talking about fucking violence done with fucking guns...

You didnt get a point. When someone is violent he is violent even when he has a gun or even if he doesnt. Gun is just a tool to manifest it.

Gun is not violent by itself, People are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Oh were talking about me now? -.-'

That is the protection side of the argument, it has nothing to do with manliness.
    I don't believe for a second that guns confer protection.

Not only are criminals more practiced with using it AND with drawing it quickly/having it ready (because they intent to use it) but they're also much more inclined to shoot you since you may be armed as opposed to "Well, easy pray, let me just rob him and go about my business".

I think the only things guns protect you against are lunatics who are just weekend casual gun users and decide out of the blue they want to shoot you, in which case were there no guns available to the general public, there would be no need for defense against it.

In my opinion, that's all just an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I don't believe for a second that guns confer protection.

Not only are criminals more practiced with using it AND with drawing it quickly/having it ready (because they intent to use it) but they're also much more inclined to shoot you since you may be armed as opposed to "Well, easy pray, let me just rob him and go about my business".

I think the only things guns protect you against are lunatics who are just weekend casual gun users and decide out of the blue they want to shoot you, in which case were there no guns available to the general public, there would be no need for defense against it.

In my opinion, that's all just an illusion.
    An illusion?

You need to brush up on your history.

- - - Updated - - -

But why are we talking about violence with guns exclusively?

Suicides are most of the gun deaths per year, not murders, or mass-shootings, but they are all counted. Just like how people pissing in their own back yard become sex offenders if seen by anyone else and reported, doesn't mean that person is a predator.

Guns are not even in the 10 ten causes of death in the US, but number 10 is suicide.

You can ignore facts all you want, spin numbers all you want, but there are far bigger problems than gun violence - especially since crime has dropped off significantly.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

You didnt get a point. When someone is violent he is violent even when he has a gun or even if he doesnt. Gun is just a tool to manifest it.

And you missed the point, yet again. Wow, you are good at this.

- - - Updated - - -

But why are we talking about violence with guns exclusively?
    I don't know. Perhaps because your country seems to have a serious problem with it's citizens using guns to kill one and other? I mean, when you compare numbers, there are countries with active internal wars and insurrections going on with per capita gun deaths ranking similar to you. I think that should raise some red flags.

Guns are not even in the 10 ten causes of death in the US, but number 10 is suicide.
    Ahh yes, this lovely, ridiculously stupid argument.

You know what the top 10 causes of death in the USA are? 8 out of the 10 are diseases or bodily failure (cancer, heart failure, etc). The other two are Suicide (self inflicted death) and "Accidents" (meaning all forms of unintended fatal injuries).

You know what they have in common with the issue we are discussing here? ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING. You are literally pointing at a bunch of statistics that are entirely fucking irrelevant to the conversation at hand and trying to hold them up as some kind of evidence of something.

Until you can weaponize heart failure, or diabetes, or an "accident" (at which point it ceases being an accident, incase you need that pointed out), those things have literally nothing at all to do with the issue of GUNS BEING USED TO KILL OTHER PEOPLE. I can not kill someone with diabetes because they pissed me off on the highway. I can not force someone to commit suicide while I attack them in their classroom. But you know what people can do when they want to hurt or kill someone? I will give you a hint: It involves a hand held mechanical device specifically intended to kill shit, which coincidentally happens to be stupidly easy to acquire in your country.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2018-05-27 at 06:11 AM.

And you missed the point, yet again. Wow, you are good at this.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know. Perhaps because your country seems to have a serious problem with it's citizens using guns to kill one and other? I mean, when you compare numbers, there are countries with active internal wars and insurrections going on with per capita gun deaths ranking similar to you. I think that should raise some red flags.

Ahh yes, this lovely, ridiculously stupid argument.

You know what the top 10 causes of death in the USA are? 8 out of the 10 are diseases or bodily failure (cancer, heart failure, etc). The other two are Suicide (self inflicted death) and "Accidents" (meaning all forms of unintended fatal injuries).

You know what they have in common with the issue we are discussing here? ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING. You are literally pointing at a bunch of statistics that are entirely fucking irrelevant to the conversation at hand and trying to hold them up as some kind of evidence of something.

Until you can weaponize heart failure, or diabetes, or an "accident" (at which point it ceases being an accident, incase you need that pointed out), those things have literally nothing at all to do with the issue of GUNS BEING USED TO KILL OTHER PEOPLE. I can not kill someone with diabetes because they pissed me off on the highway. I can not force someone to commit suicide while I attack them in their classroom. But you know what people can do when they want to hurt or kill someone? I will give you a hint: It involves a hand held mechanical device specifically intended to kill shit, which coincidentally happens to be stupidly easy to acquire in your country.
    So you admit it then, you don't care about what is kills who, you just hate guns.

Everyone here against guns is like "why so many guns kill people erry dey?" don't worry about, take your vacation somewhere else.

Gun Violence occurs commonly because people who should not have access to guns, have access to guns. Be it mentally unstable children that have been mocked at school, whom don't get professional help and lose their calm, or people who just want to inflict harm due to doctrine or personal belief.

It has nothing to do with gaming or abortion. Correlation does not equal causation - meaning: perhaps the same issue that drive them into shooting others is why they seclude themselves and play video games to begin with; lack of friends, feeling antagonised by the community, and it is a symptom not a reason why they commit such acts. It has to do with easily available firearms (I don't mean just handguns, here) that require no psychological documentation or lisence to wield and purchase.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

A person with a knife or just their fists isn't going to kill or injure hundreds of people. Someone with a gun could.

So you admit it then, you don't care about what is kills who, you just hate guns.
    How in the bloody hell did you manage to reach that conclusion? I mean, it takes a mindboggling level of reaching to twist what I said that fucking far......

Let me spell it out in fucking crayon so you might finally get it:
    Cancer kills people.
    Guns kill people.
    Knives kill people.

Guns are used as a weapon BY PEOPLE to kill OTHER PEOPLE.
    Cancer (and the other 9 of your moronic top ten) ARE NOT.
    So fuck the hell off with your goddamned false equivalencies.

A knife can also be used as a weapon by people to kill other people.
    A gun however, is orders of magnitude more effective at it, and practically as easy to acquire.
    Proper gun control and regulation would result in a significant decrease in the number of people who are killed by other people with guns.

The End.

You want a proper statistic: How about the top 10 murder weapons in the USA? Want to take a guess what number 1 is? How about a hint: it is 5.8 times more popular than item 2 (as of FBI statistics up to 2012), and shoots bullets.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2018-05-27 at 08:53 AM.

How in the bloody hell did you manage to reach that conclusion? I mean, it takes a mindboggling level of reaching to twist what I said that fucking far......

Let me spell it out in fucking crayon so you might finally get it:
    Cancer kills people.
    Guns kill people.
    Knives kill people.

Guns are used as a weapon BY PEOPLE to kill OTHER PEOPLE.
    Cancer (and the other 9 of your moronic top ten) ARE NOT.
    So fuck the hell off with your goddamned false equivalencies.

A knife can also be used as a weapon by people to kill other people.
    A gun however, is orders of magnitude more effective at it, and practically as easy to acquire.
    Proper gun control and regulation would result in a significant decrease in the number of people who are killed by other people with guns.

The End.

You want a proper statistic: How about the top 10 murder weapons in the USA? Want to take a guess what number 1 is? How about a hint: it is 5.8 times more popular than item 2 (as of FBI statistics up to 2012), and shoots bullets.
    Good enough explanation for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    A person with a knife or just their fists isn't going to kill or injure hundreds of people. Someone with a gun could.
    Yes thats true. But a reason to even do anything like that is in people. Not in that gun itself. Gun is just a way to do way more damage. To do any damage someone must want to do it.

Yes thats true. But a reason to even do anything like that is in people. Not in that gun itself. Gun is just a way to do way more damage. To do any damage someone must want to do it.
    But do you agree that guy is not supposed to have gun in a first place..right?

So why society should not make any effort to make sure this is not happening..or at least not happening so god damn often. Gun control in USA just doesn't work and it seems politics and many people doesn't care..at least as long as your or your family will be randomly shot by an idiot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    But do you agree that guy is not supposed to have gun in a first place..right?

So why society should not make any effort to make sure this is not happening..or at least not happening so god damn often. Gun control in USA just doesn't work and it seems politics and many people doesn't care..at least as long as your or your family will be randomly shot by an idiot.
    What i want to say is. Gun is just a tool. It can be used for offence, defence or even as precaution. All depends on the one who hold it. You dont suddenly start to be evil when you pick up a gun.

There really isn't any reason for them to be as accessible as they are in the US for most people. It's how easy it is to obtain one and go kill people with it that's a problem.

What i want to say is. Gun is just a tool. It can be used for offence, defence or even as precaution. All depends on the one who hold it. You dont suddenly start to be evil when you pick up a gun.
    I agree with this. But evil people with gun are disaster. Kids are dying randomly... isn't really time to look at how guns are handled in USA? It doesn't mean take all guns away, but make sure people, who are not supposed to have one - can't have one... like in the rest of the world.

Deleted
    Nope, according to people its impossible.
    This is not at all what 'people' are saying.

They're saying that the odds of going into a school and killing a selection of its pupils is made substantially more difficult if guns weren't so readily obtainable. How many people do you think would have been killed in Florida, or Sandy Hook, if the individuals involved went into those schools with a knife?

10%?

5%?

None?

What about the other options mentioned in this thread? What is the "something else" supposed to be? And whatever it is, how much more laughably inefficient would it be compared to using high-powered assault rifles that you can, quite literally, cross a state border and buy from the boot of someone's car?

People are arguing that there shouldn't be such a high proliferation of guns in American households because it would substantially reduce the likelihood of people being shot. That this is true is absolutely obvious to anyone who stops and thinks about it for even as much as a second. Additionally, that self same person who engages their brain for as long as five seconds will be able to understand that practically nothing else that's readily available has the same ludicrous kill-efficiency of an assault rifle and a person mildly trained to use it.

It's not about eradication of risk, it's about mitigation of it.

There are always going to be murderers who will strangle someone with their bare hands. Therefore, managing the risk of murder to zero is a wholly unrealistic goal.

But having an average of one gun per American on the streets dramatically increases that risk.

Because these things are mind-numbingly obvious, the NRA and its ilk campaign on pretty much any topic that deflects from the basic truth of the matter.

Deleted
    There really isn't any reason for them to be as accessible as they are in the US for most people. It's how easy it is to obtain one and go kill people with it that's a problem.
    Well. Everyone is talking about something else. someone have problem with guns as whole, another one with how they are effective, someone else with how easy is to obtain them, different person thinks you will start to be killing machine when pick up a gun.

Yes, Guns are effective killing tool. Yes its easy to obtain them in US. But even this all would not be problem if people were not evil and maniacs and know that killing someone is rly bad.

Well. Everyone is talking about something else.
    No they aren't.
    someone have problem with guns as whole, another one with how they are effective, someone else with how easy is to obtain them
    These are all parts of the same whole. They are talking about the same thing.
    different person thinks you will start to be killing machine when pick up a gun.
    Literally nobody who isn't a raving lunatic has ever made this argument. Nobody has ever claimed that picking up a gun magically turns you into a murderous psycho.
    Yes, Guns are effective killing tool. Yes its easy to obtain them in US.
    Oh. My. God. You actually came pretty close to the point this time.
    But even this all would not be problem if people were not evil and maniacs and know that killing someone is rly bad.
    Annnd then you fucked it up again. You were SOO close too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryke of the Wolverines View Post
    This is not at all what 'people' are saying.

They're saying that the odds of going into a school and killing a selection of its pupils is made substantially more difficult if guns weren't so readily obtainable. How many people do you think would have been killed in Florida, or Sandy Hook, if the individuals involved went into those schools with a knife?

10%?

5%?

None?

What about the other options mentioned in this thread? What is the "something else" supposed to be? And whatever it is, how much more laughably inefficient would it be compared to using high-powered assault rifles that you can, quite literally, cross a state border and buy from the boot of someone's car?

People are arguing that there shouldn't be such a high proliferation of guns in American households because it would substantially reduce the likelihood of people being shot. That this is true is absolutely obvious to anyone who stops and thinks about it for even as much as a second. Additionally, that self same person who engages their brain for as long as five seconds will be able to understand that practically nothing else that's readily available has the same ludicrous kill-efficiency of an assault rifle and a person mildly trained to use it.

It's not about eradication of risk, it's about mitigation of it.

There are always going to be murderers who will strangle someone with their bare hands. Therefore, managing the risk of murder to zero is a wholly unrealistic goal.

But having an average of one gun per American on the streets dramatically increases that risk.

Because these things are mind-numbingly obvious, the NRA and its ilk campaign on pretty much any topic that deflects from the basic truth of the matter.
    Because a knife would be the second go to weapon of choice for mass murder? What is the third choice a Twizzler?

The trend is slowly changing and it doesn't involve knives.

The shooter also left behind a number of explosive devices both inside and outside the school, including a Molotov cocktail found in a vehicle and CO2 device found in a home.

An attacker using explosives isn't unheard of during mass shootings, but does pose a new threat to law enforcement attempting to clear the school, vehicles and the accused gunman's home.
    - - - Updated - - -

You've never bought a gun, don't talk shit mmk?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I agree with this. But evil people with gun are disaster. Kids are dying randomly... isn't really time to look at how guns are handled in USA? It doesn't mean take all guns away, but make sure people, who are not supposed to have one - can't have one... like in the rest of the world.
    Guns are fine, but parents should be responsible for not securing their weapons.