Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    That belt now sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    As for the mage tower thing. It is not just time gated/going away but in some cases rng gated due to legendaries and certain ones neing borderline required for some specs.

Not everyone has the time to farm content for legendaries

Add in mage tower potentially being down

And add in learning tje fights if not outgearing them

Annnd bam you have a thing being removed with 2-3 potentisl roadblocksm now you also need to do it on every character/spec to get them all? Woth insane gating? No not good design in THAT way. The tower itself is great but mix with limited time to run it and the legendary rng annnd you get some issues with it imo.

My suggestion is either make it permanently active or make it so tje skin unlocks account wide come bfa if you completed it on even one character
    Literally zero mage tower appearance require any specific legendary with current ilvl. And by "current ilvl" I mean what you can easily get doing dailys, lfr and one m+ a week.
    Some are harder, true. Afflilock comes to mind. But they're all accessible.

What a weird change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhru View Post
    No, you cannot if you are a normal player. You have to have fast reaction time otherwise you have no chance. Most of the 30years + cannot do that. their are too slow.
    Fast reaction? For what? Mage Tower isn't hard if you have the gear.

Wasn't the mount 120,000 gold? Not 60k

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    I was thinking the same. I recently paid 120k gold for mine, but then again, I bought mine in Legion. In that case it's had it's cost doubbled.

New prudish 'muricans XD

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Literally zero mage tower appearance require any specific legendary with current ilvl. And by "current ilvl" I mean what you can easily get doing dailys, lfr and one m+ a week.
    Some are harder, true. Afflilock comes to mind. But they're all accessible.
    Actually, Affliction is one of the easiest. You can use Mortal Coil trick that will completely cheese the fight. Blizzard never fixed it, so I guess they are fine with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furydeath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    I was thinking the same. I recently paid 120k gold for mine, but then again, I bought mine in Legion. In that case it's had it's cost doubbled.
    Initially in the Mists of Pandaria beta, it was listed as 60,000g. It was subsequently changed to 120,000g presumably due to mounts becoming account wide. On live, it's always been 120,000g at base cost.
    Last edited by XanderGryphon; 2018-05-27 at 02:00 PM.

The artifact mage tower thing is removed because they cba to update it in mind with post-artifact class states, that's all. It's a shame, I actually think it teaches players way more about their spec than say proving grounds ever did. If you keep it scaled to 7.3.5 difficulty level, so that a majority can do it with effort, which WILL teach them their specs better.

The belt... a bit of a waist of time for the modeller am I right.

Deleted
    For Tower Mage Issue

1. Git Gud
    2. Git Gud and do it now since 3ish month are left
    3. Not required huge grind nor bis leggo so stfu and git gud

You had like 1 year to get it stop beign lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    The artifact mage tower thing is removed because they cba to update it in mind with post-artifact class states, that's all. It's a shame, I actually think it teaches players way more about their spec than say proving grounds ever did. If you keep it scaled to 7.3.5 difficulty level, so that a majority can do it with effort, which WILL teach them their specs better.
    Thing is, with the next expansion, many abilities/talents/traits will change, so the challenge would not remain the same. In some cases it'd become easier, in others it could even become impossible - for example, if your class loses the ability to interrupt/CC/dispel a key mechanic, suffers a heavy nerf to AoE, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    If you can't be bothered to get something Legion-specific throughout Legions entire lifespan, maybe it's not important enough for you anyway. And maybe realize that you don't actually have a right to attain everything in an MMORPG just because you want it.

People love to pretend that prestige has 0 impact in WoW nowadays, and they are sorely mistaken. If I see someone on a mount that only dropped or was attainable when you couldn't two-shot a boss 20 levels ago, that actually means something when I see it. If I see someone on the Kor'Kron Wolf at least I know they didn't go into SoO 25 levels higher and accidentally killed Garrosh with an AoE spell due to the laughable "fix" Blizzard has made to old raids.

did they remove the pendulum from the Waist of Time because it looked like a dangling dick?

that'd be pretty lame if that's the reason

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    did they remove the pendulum from the Waist of Time because it looked like a dangling dick?

Definitely the reason, it's come to pass that blizzard is a extremely kiddie friendly pos company, a sad joke and condescending towards adults.

Meanwhile take valve and dota 2 for example, where lines like "death is my bitch" are nothing out of the ordinary.

Blizz would sooner burn down and turn into communists than ever include such evil words in their cute games.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Actually, Affliction is one of the easiest. You can use Mortal Coil trick that will completely cheese the fight. Blizzard never fixed it, so I guess they are fine with that.
    Yeah I meant Affliction w/o cheese. (Infernal tanking in p1 is also arguably cheese, as it requires weird shenanigans to work consistently.)

Oh yes, I remember the keyring.
    I remember that Blizzard just removed my achievement for it instead of making it a feature of strengh.
    I remember and will never forgive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else think BfA is a pretty emasculating expansion?

Look at the voice clips, all the major players in it, Jaina, Sylvanas, Mia, Taelia, Talanji, Garona, also major player Katherine Proudmoore.

Now look at the major male roles. Anduin, Genn and Saurfang.

Saurfang is being reduced to just giving up, having no fight left him in and surrending to his fate as a prisoner, which for an orc is one of the worst things given how he was a prisoner once before.

Anduin is a soy boy, completely effeminate, lacking the clout his father had.

Genn has yet to show any real purpose in the lore.

BFA is doing what warcraft lore what Cartoon Network does to animation, makes cartoons that emasculates strong male role models.

It doesn't surprise me, since thats the way western franchises are going these days.

farming for that transmog would have been a huge waste of time anyway ...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Definitely the reason, it's come to pass that blizzard is a extremely kiddie friendly pos company, a sad joke and condescending towards adults.

Meanwhile take valve and dota 2 for example, where lines like "death is my bitch" are nothing out of the ordinary.

Blizz would sooner burn down and turn into communists than ever include such evil words in their cute games.
    Honestly? It probably clipped through everything all the time unless maybe they were trying to do some neat physics to make with swing with how your character moved. Even if they pulled it off, the belt would probably be unusable with any robe/skirt because it would still clip through it during any pose/animation that isn't just your character standing there. Hell, even some races just standing around would have had it clipping into their legs and crotch with every swing. So I mean, neat idea, but it probably looked terrible in action aside from other concerns.