https://mmopulse.com/news/star-citiz...0-just-to-view

Star Citizen Offers The Legatus Pack For $27,000 USD, Requires Having Spent $1,000+ Just To View
    Imagine if EA, Activision, or Ubisoft did this.
    Last edited by Roshar; 2018-05-28 at 11:12 AM.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by Roshar View Post

Absolutely disgusting.

What's more of a joke is MT's in an unfinished game that looks nowhere near finished or in a state to be released anytime soon. Seriously the game has over 150 million in funding and it has the gall to put MT's in a fucking Alpha.

And if any of those 3 companies did that on top of the garbage they already do I'd probably say the same thing.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-28 at 12:01 PM.

No one would care, those publishers are in hot water for exposing gambling to children through loot boxes which is contemptible. CIG selling a product to people with more money than sense isn't even remotely the same thing. Providing they deliver the product of course, otherwise there will be hell to pay.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm glad I already got my money back, this just reaffirms my decision.

What a load of shit this entire project has been.

Quote Originally Posted by SaLiSs View Post
    I'm glad I already got my money back, this just reaffirms my decision.

What a load of shit this entire project has been.
    Glad you managed to mate. Money can be better spent elsewhere in my opinion. Of course not telling you to just saying it could be hehe.

I try and avoid that personally.

10+ Year Old Account

I am lost for words. X-4 is starting to look better and more realistic.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

They have had these types of packs for years anyway, it's nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Seriously the game has over 150 million in funding and it has the gall to put MT's in a fucking Alpha.
    Pre-alpha prototyping & tool/system creation phase*
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Pre-alpha prototyping & tool/system creation phase*
    Good point. I stand corrected.

But seriously if any other company did this they would be eviscerated for it. If Blizzard put MT's into the BFA Alpha there would be an absolute storm of criticism.

CiG don't get a free pass for crappy practices whatsoever. Simple as that. You don't put microtransactions especially garbage like this in an unfinished game. It's in poor taste and greedy.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-28 at 02:21 PM.

Aside from the hilarious price which ensures you will never sell more then a tiny hand full (which seems hardly worth the effort of putting the pack together) the mere fact you have to have spend 1k just to see the content is... wow. Thats a new low in MT's.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Aside from the hilarious price which ensures you will never sell more then a tiny hand full (which seems hardly worth the effort of putting the pack together) the mere fact you have to have spend 1k just to see the content is... wow. Thats a new low in MT's.
    I thought it was a pricing issue at first and meant to say $2700.

It's funny that one of the most biggest names in crowdfunding sunk so low rather quickly.

It's not microtransactions anymore. More like Mortgage Transactions.

Seems clear to me that the devs don't care about much more than milking the whales dry at this point. So be it, but this game will need to be the second coming of Christ for me to consider buying it, assuming it is ever released anyway. I simply cannot support such outrageously money-grubbing practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's not microtransactions anymore. More like Mortgage Transactions.

Seems clear to me that the devs don't care about much more than milking the whales dry at this point. So be it, but this game will need to be the second coming of Christ for me to consider buying it, assuming it is ever released anyway. I simply cannot support such outrageously money-grubbing practices.
    Funny thing is.....

27,000 dollars is more than the yearly minimum wage in the US. That literally costs more than some peoples yearly salary.

It's pathetic and disgusting.

You don't actually, you can just contact support and they will allow you to view it on your account.

Hello Citizen,

That message is referring to our VIP packages exceeding $1,100. They're still available for purchase but have been hidden from view to everyone other than our concierge backers. We've done this so as not to intimidate new players, who could potentially think they'd need to spend a great deal of money just to play Star Citizen and be competitive.

If you would like to purchase one of those packages, I can provide you with temporary access to view/buy these packages. This temporary access will last for a week's time. If you purchase one of those packages, you will automatically become a concierge backer and retain permanent access to view/buy those packages. If you have not purchased a package in a week's time your access will expire and you will need to contact customer support to provide you with temporary access again.

Would you like me to go ahead and give you access to view those packages?

Agent Space Ghost
    RSI PR
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-05-28 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    You don't actually, you can just contact support and they will allow you to view it on your account.
    Right, because trying to hide this shit is somehow better?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

For that amount of money i'd want them to give me a release date and a contract to ensure that they stick to it, so if they didn't i could sue and get the money back
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2018-05-28 at 03:25 PM.

Right, because trying to hide this shit is somehow better?
    I don't like these big packs but it doesn't seem to have hurt them so far. These expensive packs have been around for years anyway, it's nothing new. There's a tiny number of backers who would buy stuff like this, and if they want to help fund the game for the rest of us they can knock themselves out. Also, I wonder if it's just a publicity thing, people go to the website in a state of outrage or curiosity and see that you don't need to pay much to play the game and it ends up working in CIG's favour. I'd imagine they have metrics on these sorts of things.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-05-28 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    No one would care, those publishers are in hot water for exposing gambling to children through loot boxes which is contemptible. CIG selling a product to people with more money than sense isn't even remotely the same thing. Providing they deliver the product of course, otherwise there will be hell to pay.
    Yeah no, everyone would care and lose their shit. Gaming press and consumers alike would cry fowl at such an overpriced item existing for sale.

Can we not pretend like the obscenely priced ships that have become standard for the crowdfunding in this game are normal or standard? Because they're not, and they're something that's pretty uniquely "Star Citizen" given how frequently they pop up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah no, everyone would care and lose their shit. Gaming press and consumers alike would cry fowl at such an overpriced item existing for sale.

Can we not pretend like the obscenely priced ships that have become standard for the crowdfunding in this game are normal or standard? Because they're not, and they're something that's pretty uniquely "Star Citizen" given how frequently they pop up for sale.
    But it's not just the fact how often it's popping up. It's that a game with that much funding is doing so in the first place.

A buy in fair enough that's common for Alpha and Beta games to do.

But shit like what was mentioned above has zero place in an Alpha.

Anyone defending it has no ground to here. It's greed. Nothing else. When you put any microtransactions in an unfinished game especially this one any defence you have for it loses all ground and worth.

If any other company did it they would get the same vocal criticism from me. CiG don't get a free pass just because the people rabidly defending it in a toxic manner claim it's going to be the greatest gift to mankind.

And to be honest with how slow development is on this game and how often it's delayed. One could consider it akin to vaporware.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-28 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    this game is STILL at it? Seriously.

The idiots who made this game should just have focused on creating a core game and released all of the extra stuff they added as free expansions. Instead they made the scope too big and now they just can't seem to finish the game.
    Honestly. This thread is literally held up by 2-3 people posting images of a guy doing a grumpy stare or of a ship landing to make it look like something major has happened with the game.