Page 16 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i guess today we should figure out if we want to lynch an active player who seems scummy or one of the 1 post posters? Im personally hoping Arialla and BF show up soon. At least for BF, he's someone Id probably want to wait another day on because I have seen him show up later days while ignoring Day 1.

Vote Val

using my reasoning earlier. Im sorry, but that giant post was kind of a mess and you said one thing, did another than went right around and re-voted a different way almost immediately.

I'm also getting a real odd vibe from Graeham, like that time he got my lynched Day 1 saying "I swear we can bring you back". Since I cant really justify gut decisions, I wont vote him currently but I did want to get my feeling out there. Completely ignoring crackle did fluff (oh hai football talk) and just arguing for the sake of arguing it looks like, and seemingly ok with targeting a returning player.

Hey mod man I request a vote count pls x
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account
    you cant bribe me with music from my favorite video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    you cant bribe me with music from my favorite video game.
    It's a sign that you can trust me, though. As one fan of the game to another, I would never betray you. This, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by shirokitsune View Post
    Feeling the same, I don't have a positive feel yet for graeham or crackle.
    Eh? So you distrust them both? Or you feel the same about something else?

hmm... Actually I think my best vote placement at the moment is
    Vote Val
    Mostly because they're voting nolynch on day 1 which if it went through would leave us having a d2 with less information than we should have. May change it in the morning, but for now. sleep.
    For what it's worth, I don't consider this an alignment tell for Val, though don't let that stop you from voting him for it. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Even when Reticence was asking about my scum reads he didn't mention Blood Fox (unless I'm mistaken?) but brought up everybody else on my scum list. That doesn't necessarily mean I suspect Ret of anything, mind you - it's more an example of how Blood Fox tends to just go under the radar and not be addressed when he's lurking.
    * tilts head

No, I did not mention Blood Fox, but that doesn't mean I'm not keeping an eye on him. I saw no point in questioning you about a player who has yet to do anything, and is probably only on your scum list because they have yet to do anything. However, I also didn't mention Marack, so that was a slight misrepresentation on your part.

Not gonna lie, Graeham, this rubbed me the wrong way. I don't begrudge you your intent to bring more attention to Blood Fox, but I don't care much for being projected onto or editorialized to that end, and that's how that read to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    - Dendrek is the only person I have a strong town read on.
    Suspicious. What could he possibly have done to earn your trust?

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post

* tilts head

No, I did not mention Blood Fox, but that doesn't mean I'm not keeping an eye on him. I saw no point in questioning you about a player who has yet to do anything, and is probably only on your scum list because they have yet to do anything. However, I also didn't mention Marack, so that was a slight misrepresentation on your part.

Not gonna lie, Graeham, this rubbed me the wrong way. I don't begrudge you your intent to bring more attention to Blood Fox, but I don't care much for being projected onto or editorialized to that end, and that's how that read to me.
    Like I said, I don't necessarily suspect you for it. I just found it interesting and wanted to put it out there. Think of it as similar to how I pointed out that you visted Pistol and that Pistol visited you a few games back. Obviously in that game I was a TPR, but even as a VT I tend to just throw stuff out there that catches my eye...in between posting outright fluff/nonsense, usually.

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes I just want to see how people respond to specific things, anyway.

Like I said, I don't necessarily suspect you for it. I just found it interesting and wanted to put it out there. Think of it as similar to how I pointed out that you visted Pistol and that Pistol visited you a few games back. Obviously in that game I was a TPR, but even as a VT I tend to just throw stuff out there that catches my eye...in between posting outright fluff/nonsense, usually.
    Whether or not you suspect me for it isn't my concern. My concern is when I perceive that something I said (or didn't say) is being misrepresented to further someone else's cause, half on assumptions and half on a statement that was incorrect.

Vote count requested:

Graeham(3) Kryllian(#59), Marack(#91), Lora(#159)
    Lora(3) Bageloaf(#115), JynxieJ(#132), Virothe(#166)
    Crackleslap(2) Strikered(#121), SatsuBL(#156)
    Val(2) Shirokitsune(#264), Crissi(#301)
    Blood Fox(2) Graeham(#267), Crackleslap(#295)
    Dendrek(1) Cruelle(#14)
    SatsuBL(1) Decagon(#78)
    No-lynch(1) Val(#178)
    Kel(1) Dendrek(#188)
    Arialla(1) Largehorn(#257)
    Largehorn(1) Reticence(#262)

Day 1 Deadline

With 26 players alive, it takes 14 to reach a majority lynch.

Wow so close who do I go for, btw now's the time for scum to jump in and save their team mate
    게임 은 어렵~~

Whether or not you suspect me for it isn't my concern. My concern is when I perceive that something I said (or didn't say) is being misrepresented to further someone else's cause, half on assumptions and half on a statement that was incorrect.
    Fair enough. I tend to be reactionary, though. I don't take notes. I didn't even catch the fact that you failed to mention Marack as well. Tunnel vision, I suppose - but then my main concern is typically to exploit D1 as a means of getting rid of dead weight. If that doesn't happen at some point on D1 then it's a pretty clear sign that I'm scum and deliberately avoiding a lurker lynch to protect a scum buddy.

Sometimes I act deliberately dense to see how people react to specific things...which lets me get a 'feel' for their alignment. It's hard to explain, really. I don't think I'd be able to put into words how my thought process works in these games.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    One thing to note: It's hard to maintain a lot of activity and a heavy emphasis on analyzing the game when you're scum. The motivation to be active comes from wanting to solve the game. Scum don't really need to solve the game (usually). And being active makes it easier to slip up, to be caught in a lie, or to reveal your ulterior motivations.
    I'm pretty sure I have proven, many times in fact, that this isn't always the case. A good player can be just as active and analytical no matter what side they are on. They just have to be willing to sacrifice people on their own team. That sacrificing usually works out for their team as a whole.

Yes, this post wil, and should, make people suspicious of me, but people were going to be suspicious of me no matter what. It happens most games.

It was a holiday weekend, I'm about to be hours away from my family so I spent it with them.

Now, getting back to other stuff. I don't get the stuff between Graeham and Crackle at all.

A no lynch vote is useless and I wonder why Val went there.

Scones are gross. More later after I wake up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not for lynching a lurker. At least not one that lives in the US. Not on a holiday weekend for us. A holiday weekend that I have obviously been mostly MIA for.

As for Val's no-lynch vote. I don't necessarily think that gives away his town alignment. I do think it is a horrible play though. A horrible play that happened more frequently back when Val was more active. I'm glad that stupidity went away.

Sometimes I act deliberately dense to see how people react to specific things...which lets me get a 'feel' for their alignment. It's hard to explain, really. I don't think I'd be able to put into words how my thought process works in these games.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Eh, I get it. I play for reactions all the time, too, albeit not by acting dense.

@Cruelle's probably the best at spotting when I'm doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arialla View Post
    It was a holiday weekend, I'm about to be hours away from my family so I spent it with them.

Now, getting back to other stuff. I don't get the stuff between Graeham and Crackle at all.

A no lynch vote is useless and I wonder why Val went there.

Scones are gross. More later after I wake up.
    The fact that we just said the same thing is going to get me killed if you end up scum.

I'm even suspicious of myself and I know my alignment.

Val often votes on no lynch as either alignment, as much as I would love to policy lynch him for it, its not alignment indicative and people implying its scummy is weird. It is indeed antitown but certainly not scummy, in fact it usually ends up being town who votes for a no lynch (WIFOM yay). I only kind of skimmed through the thread, Graeham is weird, I intially kind of liked Crackles push, not because I necessarily scared the read but thought it was more indicative of his town play (and I really disagree with the character read Graeham pushed on Crackle), but not a fan of the way Crackle just backed off. That was really weird.

I also did not like Ret’s reaction to the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    A good player can be just as active and analytical no matter what side they are on. They just have to be willing to sacrifice people on their own team. That sacrificing usually works out for their team as a whole.
    I don't think he said they couldn't, just that they don't always have to, at least not in the sense that town generally needs someone to be try-harding to avoid getting herded around by scum. There certainly is greater risk in doing so as scum, even before deciding whether or not it's necessary to sacrifice a teammate, but you're right, the payoff is usually worth it if it can be pulled off.

I personally enjoy being active as scum, making an effort to win the trust of the town, and I get a substantial thrill from pulling that off. By comparison, lurking just seems... boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    lurking just seems... boring.
    lurking is a blast when you have severe depression and just want to see people bicker with each other!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    I also did not like Ret’s reaction to the whole thing
    How so?

While you're at it, I see you also noted Crackle backing off. What did you think of Graeham jumping on my suggestion that they were both townies? Their little tiff seemed to evaporate pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Reticence; 2018-05-29 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Clarification of what I was asking.