Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Its about shandris going insane about some sweet human meme character full of "human potential" that evil horde underestimates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    It was something Shandris said to Arieiel in an earlier build ("Even in your final moments, you fail to see the true potential of humans.") - which, to be fair, is a lot less ridiculous given context (she was shooting back the final words at Arieiel, as the later told her "It's a shame you're fighting alongside this filthy human, Shandris! Such short, insignificant lives" earlier) . It seems to have been scrapped in the more recent builds, but alas, the meme has already kicked in.
    Ahh... I see. Thanks, guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Patriotic Blood Elves are the one who bombed Theramore, where most of their High Elf cousins lived, and invaded Darnassus. Strangely enough, these < Horde Loyalists > are usually called rogue actors in order to separate their crimes from the rest of the Horde.
    Neither of those are crimes.

Huh, who could have guessed twisting your story into a pretzel for the sake of making one character relevant could cause so many problems?

Asspull elves writing is downright illogical? Couldn't be.

Alleria never used chemical weapons or raised her own people into Undeath.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Because they're Alliance heroes and need to be written as stupid so that the Horde actually stands a chance.
    This is probably the best thing I have read on the subject of Alleria. Brought a smile to my face because of the truth in it.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Alleria never used chemical weapons or raised her own people into Undeath.
    She uses the void, a power that by its very nature is on the very same level, heck even worse, since void magic is even darker than necromancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She uses the void, a power that by its very nature is on the very same level, heck even worse, since void magic is even darker than necromancy.
    Point me to the 'Gilneas/Southshore/Hillsbrad' that Alleria created using her own Void powers.

And if Alleria is evil for using Void magic, then so are your Warlock and Shadow Priest characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Neither of those are crimes.
    Not according to, well, anyone except the perps.

Bombing a city the way Theramore was bombed... even certain leaders of the Horde found that to be a war crime.

Burning Darnassus…. I mean, really... just because it was Sylvanas ordering it, and not Garrosh, that doesn't somehow make it better.

What makes these acts so shitty is, one occurred almost directly after the world just defeated Deathwing before he leveled the entire world, and the second happened almost immediately after the Burning Legion was defeated. These were not tactical targets that were hit as part of a military stratagem; they caught the people off-guard, making them cowardly, and without honor, something the Whorde seem to hold in some degree of esteem, and yet, just cannot seem to emulate....ever. If it isn't cheating in a Mak'Gora, it's surprise attacks on major cities. Fuck the Whorde.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

Point me to the 'Gilneas/Southshore/Hillsbrad' that Alleria created using her own Void powers.

And if Alleria is evil for using Void magic, then so are your Warlock and Shadow Priest characters.
    Doesn't matter for your example and yes other classes use messed up ways to kill things, but the void still takes the cake, it is the most corrupting form of magic and destroys the very essence of a being, due to its consuming nature. Yet you made the claim that void itself is not some vile school of magic and better than killing someone with chemical weapons or bringing someone back into undeath, yet you ignore that the void is necromancy kicked up into overdrive.

No one cares. Alleria is using the Void to defend the innocents, that is all that matters. PERIOD.

No one cares. Alleria is using the Void to defend the innocents, that is all that matters. PERIOD.
    It isn't, anyone who dabbles into the void on that level deserves only death, just to be safe. They set themselves up to failure and will eventually become void tools.

Its about shandris going insane about some sweet human meme character full of "human potential" that evil horde underestimates.
    Fortunately they seem to have changed that line. Probably because they read in the forums how players reacted to it and how utterly pathetic and inept that made her appear. It clearly shows how Blizzard views the Alliance though. One of the reasons why I can never bring myself to play that faction, even as an alt.
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

It isn't, anyone who dabbles into the void on that level deserves only death, just to be safe. They set themselves up to failure and will eventually become void tools.
    Ah, We shall see. Alleria has defied all odds, no one can stop her now.

Canon lore agrees with me on this matter, so I really don't see much to debate here.

Lothraxion spoke up. "I have known darkness, Alleria. I have seen lost creatures. You are not one of them. You have not crossed the threshold."
    "I will, one day," she said simply.

Alleria herself believes she will fall to the shadow, so why don't you?

Thanks for the sig.

Canon lore agrees with me on this matter, so I really don't see much to debate here.

Lothraxion spoke up. "I have known darkness, Alleria. I have seen lost creatures. You are not one of them. You have not crossed the threshold."
    "I will, one day," she said simply.

Alleria herself believes she will fall to the shadow, so why don't you?
    Canon lore does not agree with you. Alleria's future is not set in stone, just like Illidan's wasn't, despite Xe'ra stating that he would become a figure of the Light.

The confused statement of an exhausted Alleria centuries before she managed to harness the Void on Mac'aree holds little meaning. And there is a paradox: if Alleria knows that she will ultimately fall to the Void one day, no matter what she does, why doesn't she just commit suicide? What's the point of her quest to master the Void if she is just going to give into the whispers in the future?

Lastly, Alleria has no evidence that she will indeed give into the whispers. No visions, nothing. If anything, I would believe Lothraxion instead, who actually saw the future, and reported that Alleria will not be fall to the whispers eager to lure her into madness.

Thanks for the sig.
    Do not waste my wisdom on lesser minds.

Canon lore does not agree with you. Alleria's future is not set in stone, just like Illidan's wasn't, despite Xe'ra stating that he would become a figure of the Light.

The confused statement of an exhausted Alleria centuries before she managed to harness the Void on Mac'aree holds little meaning. And there is a paradox: if Alleria knows that she will ultimately fall to the Void one day, no matter what she does, why doesn't she just commit suicide? What's the point of her quest to master the Void if she is just going to give into the whispers in the future?
    There is no canon lore indicating that Alleria can indeed withstand the void indefinitely, we already got a small glimpse of her lack of control at the sunwell itself. She had walked right up to the well, despite knowing light and void don't mix, was told to stop and still decided to touch it and was somehow surprised everything went to hell.

Lastly, Alleria has no evidence that she will indeed give into the whispers. No visions, nothing. If anything, I would believe Lothraxion instead, who actually saw the future, and reported that Alleria will not be fall to the whispers eager to lure her into madness.
    Except for the one she smilingly throws herself into the abyss you mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melusine View Post
    Not according to, well, anyone except the perps.

Bombing a city the way Theramore was bombed... even certain leaders of the Horde found that to be a war crime.

Burning Darnassus…. I mean, really... just because it was Sylvanas ordering it, and not Garrosh, that doesn't somehow make it better.

What makes these acts so shitty is, one occurred almost directly after the world just defeated Deathwing before he leveled the entire world, and the second happened almost immediately after the Burning Legion was defeated. These were not tactical targets that were hit as part of a military stratagem; they caught the people off-guard, making them cowardly, and without honor, something the Whorde seem to hold in some degree of esteem, and yet, just cannot seem to emulate....ever. If it isn't cheating in a Mak'Gora, it's surprise attacks on major cities. Fuck the Whorde.
    It's this thing called war. If Garrosh had yelled 'OH BY THE WAY I'M GOING TO BOMB YOU NOW!' before attacking Theramoore his plan wouldn't have exactly worked.

'Honor' is just something they tell soldiers to get them to fight harder. Old bats like Saurfang have just deluded themselves into thinking it's worth something.

Alleria is one of the noblest and kindest individuals on Azeroth. Despite wielding a power that corrupts the mind, and having been forsaken by her own people, she holds no grudge towards the Blood Elves, and instead seeks to unite her people under the Alliance, for in the Alliance, she finds the only redemption for the murderous government of Quel'thalas.
    ... So basicaly nope, Thrall and Vol'Jin was more noble than her. And yet you are talkin about kindness of Aleria when we all know she sucked the very essence of Naaru when we know that dark state Naaru could be restored to light state.

Btw. what is good with trying to make blood elves join to alliance against their will? Many of them still remember what alliance gave them. (Gharitos, belf cannon fooder, was given almost suicidal mission)