Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    Some people are surely lying about it. But you should not forget that mmo-champion is not exactly a site every casual players uses. So you can expect an increased number of die hard players here...
    Don't underestimate the number of die hard trolls anywhere on the internet.

OT Only did a couple low M+ Liked the diff but hated the watch. I don't mind an execution timer in a couple of dungeons but to have it in all of them I find obnoxious as a player. It gets arbitrary+appears lazy with no NPCs to rescue. Make gauntlets if you want people to have a sense of urgency or require a full clear preventing wall-hugging and short-cutting. Even better - make huge places again so people need to have a move on if they want to finish it any time today.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-05-30 at 11:27 AM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    Wow so many ppl in the highest M+ bracket and here is me in the 2-5 bracket as i find the whole idea of running against a timer while your team tries to cheat the system whenever possible, ridiculous. If Blizzard made some other requirements for loot besides a running clock i will check it.
    right there with ya.. was excited for this (even back when it was challenge mode) then saw it was a timer and cheese shortcuts thing and lost all interest.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Syridian View Post
    The moment you take away the timer in some way (Either via enrage timer, or Challenge Mode clock) you open up the ability to cheese it completely.

1 Tank 1 DPS, 3 healers? Sure. No point risking deaths when speed doesn't matter.
    Kite trash mobs, have to use CC, Tanks that can't tank 15 mobs at once, pulls that you have to pull right or you get too many to deal with, etc. I'm not suggesting that every trash pack or instance has a kite drak as far as you can while you clean out the room but something other than pull a trash pack and just AOE it down is needed. Thats all 5 mans are today.

1) If the key is completed not in time give the key owner a choice: the same key -1 lvl (like it is now) or the same key. This will allow groups to make several attempts on dungeons if they want to. At the moment, if you fail your key, there is very little chance that you will get the same key (same lvl) this week. Upgrading the key should give a random key as it is now.
    2) One-shot mechanics are okay, they will happen anyway because of unlimited difficulty. But make sure that the most hard hitting abilities give you time to react. (Example: Increase Hyrja's bolt casting time to 2 seconds at least).
    3) Class balance... Many say that there is something needs to be done, but I highly doubt that anything will change. Otherwise it will result in having 4 generic classes: melee dd, range dd, tank, healer.
    4) Would like to see in-game seasons with leader boards available in-game, world/realm. This should be tied to raid releases. Rewards with unique titles, mounts, or transmogs (anything which doesn't affect gameplay) for ending season in top N%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    - Fix all the bullshitty "let's run against this wall so we'll avoid this pack of trash". Increase required % or make some trash unskippable (by increasing density or fix pathway bugs like in Everbloom, Triumvirate, Azshara), that's ridiculous that there are dungeons where people are trying to avoid packs with a 50% chance of failure in PUGs.
    That's boring as fuck, but everyone seems to think it is mandatory. Hell, I'm even asked to use an invisibility pot to avoid the first packs in BRH in sub-10 keys. People don't even know you can actually kill those mobs anymore.

- If Mythic+ Dungeons are going to be the reference for PvE content, put more solutions to repair in game (like repair NPC like in Karazhan, or allow mounting areas in all dungeons). Wiping a lot of times can happen especially in PUGs, but usually if that happens in DHT or Arcway, your group will disband as soon as someone has to repair, unless you have an engineer or a warlock.

- The fact that Mythic Plus are only based on timers... Yuck. If your class is not top-tier DPS, you'll be benched (unless you are 20 ilvl higher than anyone else). Change that. Make controls mandatory. Make survivability mandatory. Make something else mandatory.
    Give other criteria for Mythic+ success. Full run without death. Full run with less than X amount of damage taken. Full run without taking damage from X ability (like Ready for Raiding achievements).
    - Don't see what is wrong with skipping. It has been done since classic.

-If you complain about something please inform yourself beforehand. If 20 seconds research is too much, it is not the devs fault. But I will hold your hand here: http://www.wowhead.com/item=132514/auto-hammer BoE Repair without any profession, class or race restriction. Just buy a bunch on the AH or mail yourself some

-We completed up to 21 in time with Shadows and other unloved speccs. DPS is already behind survivability. Multiple 10 millionen+ hits (Lady Hatecoil, Xavius, etc) on 20+ keys force CD usage and tank trinkets/stamina flasks/Prydaz/avoidance gear on a lot of classes. All your criteria just means a snail walk with mass CC through the dungeons (yay bring 3 mages and just take 4 hours in every dungeon). Sounds not like a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    That's retarded.

-If you complain about something please inform yourself beforehand. If 20 seconds research is too much, it is not the devs fault. But I will hold your hand here: http://www.wowhead.com/item=132514/auto-hammer BoE Repair without any profession, class or race restriction. Just buy a bunch on the AH or mail yourself some
    Thanks for confirmation.

-We completed up to 21 in time with Shadows and other unloved speccs. DPS is already behind survivability. Multiple 10 millionen+ hits (Lady Hatecoil, Xavius, etc) on 20+ keys force CD usage and tank trinkets/stamina flasks/Prydaz/avoidance gear on a lot of classes. All your criteria just means a snail walk with mass CC through the dungeons (yay bring 3 mages and just take 4 hours in every dungeon). Sounds not like a lot of fun.
    Nobody cares about you doing successfully one run.
    There are 5 times fewer Shadows than Warlocks in 20+ (6 in Tyrannical).

Honestly, we're in 2018, and there are still people arguing they are not racist because they have one black friend. Totally awesome.

I never said "snail walk" should be the reference. I said it should be one possibility. You, as the elitist jerk you are, could still complete your key zerging everything with your Shadow friend and your 4 985i friends, while people with sub-par/sub-equipped chars and friends could just do a slower run but still with a chance to finish it. I said it is retarded that the ONLY CRITERIA is the speed, today. Of course, the timer should remain, but it should never be the only one. That only encourages retarded flavorless speed runs.
    I guess that would hurt your ego though. Got it.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2018-05-30 at 01:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Kite trash mobs, have to use CC, Tanks that can't tank 15 mobs at once, pulls that you have to pull right or you get too many to deal with, etc. I'm not suggesting that every trash pack or instance has a kite drak as far as you can while you clean out the room but something other than pull a trash pack and just AOE it down is needed. Thats all 5 mans are today.
    That only applies if you are playing low keys, once you get into the higher brackets as early as 20+ or so
    badly handled trash will melt you and your party. Some mobs require very specific CC, others need to be interrupted
    or disrupted because they have protected casts and are immune to stuns.

Some affixes will force you to use a DPS to kite parts of the trash while the tank holds onto the rest, necrotic has a few
    pulls throughout that you will really struggle to complete if you just put it all on the tank.

There are also several mobs that are too fast to kite and can't be slowed or stunned.

This is the same problem as LFR has, once it gets easy enough, you don't need to care about mechanics, and 15 is too easy
    to have to care about them most of the time.

And to the people saying you should need to CC (More than you already are) Do you really think that is difficult? Focus a mob,
    press your cc focus macro, dps the primary target until your CC is about to run out, repeat.

The difficulty comes from having to "CC" on the fly, as the pack you just pulled has 3 casters and they won't be dead by
    the time your 3 allowed stuns run out.

Deleted
    That's retarded.
    Because you ignore something that is in the game for 14 years? Did you play all the mobs in LBRS in the entrance room? Or in undead strat the mobs at the trap? Did you walk left in Slave pens to skip the naga pack after the second boss? Its nothing new.

Thanks for confirmation.
    What? I did confirm nothing. I told you that everyone can repair in every dungeon if the are prepared.

Nobody cares about you doing successfully one run.
    There are 5 times fewer Shadows than Warlocks in 20+ (6 in Tyrannical).

I never said "snail walk" should be the reference. I said it should be one possibility. You, as the elitist jerk you are, could still complete your key zerging everything with your Shadow friend and your 4 985i friends, while people with sub-par/sub-equipped chars and friends could just do a slower run but still with a chance to finish it.
    I guess that would hurt your ego though. Got it.
    There are over 200 shadows in the 20+ range https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season...dps/10#content
    Wont scroll further. Yes there are more WL. There are also WL with 250+ ranked multiple times. Yes, the leading groups rerolled for a better experience. You can do your runs with low equipped people. You just meet the timer on earlier levels. Adapt or hit the wall. We all did.

But take your idea here:
    Full run with less than X amount of damage taken.
    It will get harder on every level, because of the dungeon damage multiplier. So scale it with keystone level? Ok. I want to finish it. Timer is not relevant, but the def CDs are. So why take a shadow? On unavoidable casts he will wreck up the damage taken, while the rogue just faints it and the mage is sitting in his cosy block. What would it change? Instead of looking at the damage done, classes will ranked by personal cool downs and it would just shift the meta to another fotm.

Honestly, we're in 2018, and there are still people arguing they are not racist because they have one black friend. Totally awesome.
    Context? But you are right. We are in 2018, where everyone is successful and if they are not, something else is to blame. You are an outstanding shadow and the only thing holding you back is your item level. So blame some elitist jerks!

I love tanking them. And Healing them can be a nightmare based on affixes.

My biggest issue with M+ is that higher keys arent rly worth it. Imo the loot rewards shouldnt stop at 15 (only the weekly cache should), but go up 15ilvls higher until it reaches cache ilvl at perhaps lvl 20.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Don't get me wrong, Mythic sounds really cool and all, I just never took the time to find an organized group for it.

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    I could live without the speed run idea and all the clock watching. Just make mobs harder to approach, and don't let people pull 3+ packs
    Why so someone can throw 3 hours at it and get the best loot... The timers are generous as fuck and if your not hitting them you just aren't trying. The timers aren't there to increase difficulty put to prevent cheesing and requiring you to actually know the fucking dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    My biggest issue with M+ is that higher keys arent rly worth it. Imo the loot rewards shouldnt stop at 15 (only the weekly cache should), but go up 15ilvls higher until it reaches cache ilvl at perhaps lvl 20.
    You get an additional item drop every 5+ after 15. If you can do a 15 in 11 minutes but a 20 in 13 minutes it's worth it but yes the rewards shouldn't stop. Raiding just needs separate and more powerful rewards raid trinkets are a great example.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-05-30 at 02:32 PM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I dont like the rng cache thing, make it reward a currency instead, one that let you upgrade a piece of gear from dungeons to +15 lvls, or let you buy a special competitive set from a vendor.

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    I dont like the rng cache thing, make it reward a currency instead, one that let you upgrade a piece of gear from dungeons to +15 lvls, or let you buy a special competitive set from a vendor.
    They need a vendor with mounts, pets, flask, upgrade tokens, gem socketing materials, and all the fixin.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Please no. That would make it just another 'to do list'.

Usually I don't comment on polls that i vote on, but since my vote is in the very lowest result, I found it funny so I figured I would.

Yep. Mythic +1. I guess that's how you type it. And I did it one time.

I don't even know how many times I did regular Mythic dungeons. It's possible that I didn't, actually. Unless it's required for doing Mythic +, who knows.

lol 20 only how cute. Come back when you do ones that are actually hard
    Last edited by aeuhe4yxzhds; 2018-05-30 at 05:19 PM. Reason: wrong quote

I really enjoyed Mythic +. Running Keys was really Filler content. I do think that the dungeons need to change every 5 to 10 Lvls though. I mean change as in the layout of the dungeon. Make it interesting. Though I really think it should change in layouts from Normal, Heroic, and Mythic also. It gets way to boring running the same dungeon over and over. I would even agree with maybe a random layout in mythic +.
    Don't change if you fail you get a lower Key. There are some really bad trolls out there. You drop a Key and they leave in the first two pulls. I would even agree to a cool down and not a 30 minute one. I think if you mess someones key up you should get an hour and greater for each time you do it. Everyone does not have 4 other friends to run with all the time. Forces us to have to deal with pugging it. Maybe a Vote system to throw a key because I know let's all face it some groups would go on forever if you just didn't leave.

Deleted
    +16 every week no more