Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The answer is for them to tease Mount Hyjal during the beta/PTR but never release it, that's no changes.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What are you, their spokesperson? or, could it be that you just THINK you represent every single purist on here? because i can promise you that what you typed there, in bold and everything, is just, like, your opinion......man....

The fracturing and in fighting on the 'purist' side of this debate is so, so funny to watch. NO CHANGES AT ALL WHATSOEVER! well....i mean other than OBVIOUS bug fixes....and new server tech....oh and i guess a more robust api.......and i mean the token system would be ok.....
    It's funny how you are (intentionally?) mixing "under the hood" changes like server tech and new API -which have no effect on gameplay, other than the latter making botting harder-, with massively impacting changes such as tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    It's funny how you are (intentionally?) mixing "under the hood" changes like server tech and new API -which have no effect on gameplay, other than the latter making botting harder-, with massively impacting changes such as tokens.
    And i find it funny how you are (intentionally?) separating changes into categories, when for many in the community, ANY change is a negative thing and should be rejected at all costs. The goal posts shift dramatically from one "purist" to the next. Not very pure at all.

Class changes I would like to see in Vanilla: None.

I want Vanilla. Not Vanilla with sprinkles.

The thing I'd like to see most is the community being on the same page about everything. And to add literally no modern changes. Decide on a patch in Vanilla and go from there.

Also flatout ban the spergs asking for blatant no-nos like LFR/LFG. Just go away trolls
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

5+ Year Old Account
    And i find it funny how you are (intentionally?) separating changes into categories, when for many in the community, ANY change is a negative thing and should be rejected at all costs. The goal posts shift dramatically from one "purist" to the next. Not very pure at all.
    I separate them into categories, because it's painfully obvious that a 2004 game simply won't run under the modern bnet app without massive recoding/optimization and a good bug squashing. However, that doesn't have any effect on gameplay, so it's fine. Neither does stuff like colour-blind mode or upgraded models. That's why it makes sense to discriminate. BTW, kindly quote at least two purists from these boards who are against purely technical fixes or bugs/exploits ones. I will wait
    Last edited by Soon-TM; 2018-05-30 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    The thing I'd like to see most is the community being on the same page about everything. And to add literally no modern changes. Decide on a patch in Vanilla and go from there.

Also flatout ban the spergs asking for blatant no-nos like LFR/LFG. Just go away trolls
    Here you go Soon, literally the post above yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Class changes I would like to see in Vanilla: None.

I want Vanilla. Not Vanilla with sprinkles.
    Soon, here you go again, Literally the 2 posts above your post are people claiming they want #nochanges

- - - Updated - - -

I separate them into categories, because it's painfully obvious that a 2004 game simply won't run under the modern bnet app without massive recoding/optimization and a good bug squashing. However, that doesn't have any effect on gameplay, so it's fine. Neither does stuff like colour-blind mode or upgraded models. That's why it makes sense to discriminate. BTW, kindly quote at least two purists from these boards who are against purely technical fixes or bugs/exploits ones. I will wait
    Awkward. I feel for you man.

5+ Year Old Account
    Here you go Soon, literally the post above yours.

- - - Updated - - -

Soon, here you go again, Literally the 2 posts above your post are people claiming they want #nochanges

- - - Updated - - -

Awkward. I feel for you man.
    @Sastank and @Enkrypt when you are claiming "no changes", does that include no bug fixes and no bnet integration?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    this gets more cringy every time i see it. please jsut stop and lets see what blizz does with it.
    blizzard is being so quiet about it that one cannot help but assume the worst in the context of changes.

- - - Updated - - -

I will re-iterate my long-standing view on the overall topic - classic purists who want the original game need to, rather than demand 'no changes' (which I think simply isn't going to happen, look at blizzard's products the last 10 years inc. 3.0.2), rather focus on 'hardcore' servers where a lot of what gets put in gets rolled back to have a 'classic game experience' as close in tuning and obstacles to original as possible, and just pray we can still recognize the classes, gear, and talent structure.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Deleted
    Just to make it clear, when us "purists" say #nochanges, it means no gameplay altering changes. Stuff like client architecture, colour-blind mode and bugs/exploit fixes are a given.
    So now #nochanges means "only those things that we actually want"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm ok with no changes initially, but man, the server can't be maintained forever with no changes. I'd love it if we eventually got things added to vanilla that were scrapped that we'll never get in retail anyway, like Hyjal as a level 60 zone with a level 60 Firelands. And come on, who wouldn't want to play a clothie Necromancer class!? no quality of life changes, fine, authentic classic experience, but Hyjal zone and Necromancer sounds hella cool to me, along with anything else scrapped that they don't plan to add to retail.
    Oh goodie! Some new stuff to add to the list. Here's what people are asking for: updated zones, LFG/LFR, updated models, updated classes, new raids beyond Naxx, and now we have a new class and new zones!

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    blizzard is being so quiet about it that one cannot help but assume the worst in the context of changes.
    Blizzard said basically nothing since Blizzcon on Vanilla servers.
    And they probably won't until Blizzcon, maybe on Gamescon in August but thats it.

And honestly, Blizzard won't add stuff into Vanilla unless it causes technical problem on their end, if they add anything like Transmog (or other stuff "suggested") it will turn into a shitfest.
    People asked for Classic, that's what they'll get, else those Vanilla Severs will basically be "Bait and switch" move by Blizzard, the only thing that is up to debate is what kind of Vanilla Version will be up once it is released.

People asked for *Vanilla*, if you suddenly sprinkle chocolate over it, it's not Vanilla anymore.

Blizzard is launching Classic for one reason to protect their IP in regions with weird IP laws. So as long as it bears significant resemblance to Vanilla they can go after the larger classic servers that are currently host in these locals. The money they are protecting is worth more than any money they will make off this project.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    So now #nochanges means "only those things that we actually want"?
    We want the gameplay and the old world, that's what made Vanilla what it was. Any changes ought to be purely technical in nature, in order to preserve those elements. If you don't like any of the original game iterations, from 1.0 all the way to 1.12 it's fine, the game just wasn't (isn't) for you

Deleted
    We want the gameplay and the old world, that's what made Vanilla what it was. Any changes ought to be purely technical in nature, in order to preserve those elements. If you don't like any of the original game iterations, from 1.0 all the way to 1.12 it's fine, the game just wasn't (isn't) for you
    #NoChanges means exactly what it says, you don't get to pick and choose!

#NoChanges means exactly what it says, you don't get to pick and choose!
    You are all completely delusional if you think Blizzard isn't going to make balance changes. They still release balance changes for Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2. There is an absolutely 0% chance that Blizzard allows the ridiculous, unproductive level of imbalance that was present in vanilla stand.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are all completely delusional if you think Blizzard isn't going to make balance changes. They still release balance changes for Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2. There is an absolutely 0% chance that Blizzard allows the ridiculous, unproductive level of imbalance that was present in vanilla stand.
    I'm in the camp of "Give me a balanced set of classes". I'll still play Vanilla even without any balance changes. But it'd be much better and healthier if they actually went back and made every class viable.

I'm in the camp of "Give me a balanced set of classes". I'll still play Vanilla even without any balance changes. But it'd be much better and healthier if they actually went back and made every class viable.
    And that's why they will do it. People who think the wild imbalance of vanilla is intrinsic to the experience are being silly and ridiculous. It would certainly be very different if they completely changed how classes played, but simple things like broadly buffing the output of classes that didn't do enough DPS are going to happen.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to make it clear, when us "purists" say #nochanges, it means no gameplay altering changes. Stuff like client architecture, colour-blind mode and bugs/exploit fixes are a given.
    I consider myself a purist (#nochanges) and I absolutely agree with this. I mean no gameplay changes. I feel like having Blizzard use modern infrastructure is a given.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    You are comparing apples to oranges.

Warcraft 3 is still Warcraft 3, if you want to play RoC, you can do that but TfT is still very similiar how it used to be back in 2003.
    Despite balance changes, which overall do not impact the game that massively.

WoW in its current form does not resemble Vanilla in any shape or form anymore, not saying that Vanilla is better but it's a vastly different experience.

That being said, there are still a few other reasons why there won't be any balance changes (unless players discover some shit like Reckoning bomb 2.0).

1.People asked for Vanilla, no more no less, by putting balance changes into the game that did not happen during Vanilla they basically break that.
    2.It costs Blizzard money, they have to put Developers on there to discuss and implement possible balance changes.
    3.Not so viable specs are simply a part of Vanilla.

And to be honest, this "non viable spec" mostly affected raiding, the only extreme case might be Prot Paladin which could have issues even tanking 5man dungeons, but any other spec had some sort of viability to level up and complete dungeons.
    Both SP and Dps Shaman were 100% legit PvP specs, altough raiding probably less.

The main issue of hybrid weren't the numbers, it was Mana, they went oom and couldn't do shit, in dungeons fights were short enough that this is not an issue.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-06-01 at 12:31 PM.