Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    How exactly staging the murder by someone else other than would-be killer helps with catching that person?
    Imagine you're that killer, and you see the news about your future victim. He is dead. What next? Go and kill him again, or pack your stuff and go for a few months vacation in Mexico.

Also, I guess anyone with facebook page and few TV appearances is a fierce Putin critic now. MMO-C regulars, beware, you might be next. But don't worry, we already know who to blame, even before actual murder .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    How exactly staging the murder by someone else other than would-be killer helps with catching that person?
    Imagine you're that killer, and you see the news about your future victim. He is dead. What next? Go and kill him again, or pack your stuff and go for a few months vacation in Mexico.

Also, I guess anyone with facebook page and few TV appearances is a fierce Putin critic now. MMO-C regulars, beware, you might be next. But don't worry, we already know who to blame, even before actual murder .
    Don't leave the flock now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kreo View Post
    Not saying this isn't BS from the SBU, but you have it a bit naive.

Here is what usually happens:

Someone wants to kill X, offers money. The good guys offer their own "killer". The fake killer gets as many details about the buyer as possible. The buyer pays the fake killer initial money, this is documented. The fake killer performs the fake kill - this is the staging part. The buyer pays the fake killer the rest of the money, this is again documented. There usually is a lot more info in the second payment: it goes through different channels, there are words shared, etc.

This is pretty standard framing. Yes, it isn't perfect. As some rightly remark, there are various fine lines. But this is a post-Soviet area, the law is just starting to come there, everything is rough. They do what they can. If this was a real assassination attempt, the above is not a bad way to counter it. For a post-Soviet area, that is.

So he's alive. That is an interesting turn of events. Ukranian secret service staged the murder to protect him from an actual attack. He was seen alive and well in a press conference, earlier this day.

Western propaganda at its finest
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    That's not specific enough. You just said that you will be convinced if there will be some info that will convince you.
    How exactly can i be specific here? I do not hold law degree in contract killing investigations; more so contract killing investigations in different country.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Putin sure is having a lot of people killed lately.
    Well of course, he needs to kill anyone who will question him when he changes his mind about "stepping down".
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I bet these russians are dreamed about the news of murdered journalist 1.5 week before the World Cup.

in other words, get the fuck out of here with this bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    How exactly can i be specific here? I do not hold law degree in contract killing investigations; more so contract killing investigations in different country.
    Look, I don't care if you don't know how to be specific. My point is that if you cannot specify what kind of info would make you say that you are wrong about X, then your belief in X is in the realm of feelings, it is irrational. It's Popper's criterion (falsifiability).

- - - Updated - - -

One more bit of news regarding the incident: the SBU say that plans were to kill not just one guy, this was just a probe ball (which they intercepted). The buyer (allegedly Russian special forces) wanted to kill 30-something people, and perhaps this wouldn't be the end of it.

I don't know, it makes sense to me so far. The motives (terror), the buyer, why the SBU bothered to stage the kill instead of just preventing it, etc.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-05-30 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Apparently kill hundreds yet can't kill lewinsky, Trump, or the hundreds of others that have did shit to em.....
    do you know what a martyr is?

Scary how western media reports it like its a fact without checking if its even true. Wish they would use the word "allegedly" more .

Look, I don't care if you don't know how to be specific. My point is that if you cannot specify what kind of info would make you say that you are wrong about X, then your belief in X is in the realm of feelings, it is irrational. It's Popper's criterion (falsifiability).
    You're calling for Popper's criteria when every stage of information can be false and misleading rather then "empirical observation or experiment"? (and some already was) :/

What would convince you that Russia (as in Russian government and/or FSB) had nothing to do with it, despite SBU claims? So that i can see more clearly what exactly you mean in application to this situation, and then maybe i can formulate something similar that can convince me of opposite from that.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    do you know what a martyr is?
    So every single person they didn't kill was because they would become a martyr and yet they still killed people that didn't become martyrs? And why wouldn't they be in jail atm esp with Trump as president?

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    What would convince you that Russia (as in Russian government and/or FSB) had nothing to do with it, despite SBU claims? So that i can see more clearly what exactly you mean in application to this situation, and then maybe i can formulate something similar that can convince me of opposite from that.
    For example, if the SBU will start naming names on the Russian side that are all too big with no small ones (or if all or most small ones will turn out to be fakes).

For example, if the SBU will start naming names on the Russian side that are all too big with no small ones (or if all or most small ones will turn out to be fakes).
    Well, in that case i stand by my initial claim, i think it looks good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    So every single person they didn't kill was because they would become a martyr and yet they still killed people that didn't become martyrs? And why wouldn't they be in jail atm esp with Trump as president?
    what about the ones putin didnt kill...like the one pertained in this very thread?

Perhaps he should have faked his death abit longer then a day.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Perhaps he should have faked his death abit longer then a day.
    Ukrainian secret service tried to stage his death ~2 weeks befor the world cup starts to further discredit russia, someone screwed up, and now they found a scapegoat who'll admit to the crime, spend time in an ukranian prison and will hang himself conveniently. The poor fucker has probably been promised a couple of hundred thousand Dollars and expects to sit his time in jail and then walk away a relativly wealthy man.

At least that is my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by truckboattruck View Post
    what about the ones putin didnt kill...like the one pertained in this very thread?
    I haven't said anything about putin good deflection tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    In before someone points out that US is not so innocent either.
    You guys know the U.S.A isn't so innocent either--

--FUCK beat me to it.