Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Anduin letter to Sylvanas

https://media.mmo-champion.com/image...eTheStorm2.jpg

So Anduin letter stated that the Horde and Alliance are not at War at that moment

Originally Posted by Blizzard
    The first in a series of three excerpts from Christie Golden's upcoming World of Warcraft novel, Before the Storm. This latest all-new official prequel to Battle for Azeroth will be available on June 12, 2018 and is available to pre-order on Amazon. Be sure to check back to catch the second and third excerpts.

Download excerpt one of Before the Storm.

Book summary:

Azeroth is dying.

The Horde and the Alliance defeated the demonic Burning Legion, but a dire catastrophe is unfolding deep below the surface of the world. There is a mortal wound in the heart of Azeroth, struck by the sword of the fallen titan Sargeras in a final act of cruelty.

For Anduin Wrynn, king of Stormwind, and Sylvanas Windrunner, warchief of the Horde and queen of the Forsaken, there is little time to rebuild what remains and even less to mourn what was lost. Azeroth’s devastating wound has revealed a mysterious material known as Azerite. In the right hands, this strange golden substance is capable of incredible feats of creation; in the wrong ones, it could bring forth unthinkable destruction.

As Alliance and Horde forces race to uncover the secrets of Azerite and heal the wounded world, Anduin enacts a desperate plan aimed at forging a lasting peace between the factions. Azerite jeopardizes the balance of power, and so Anduin must gain the trust of Sylvanas. But, as ever, the Dark Lady has her own machinations.

For peace to be possible, generations of bloodshed and hatred must be brought to and end. But there are truths that neither side is willing to accept and ambitions they are loath to relinquish. As Alliance and Horde alike grasp for the Azerite’s power, their simmering conflict threatens to reignite all-out war—a war that would spell doom for Azeroth.
    Last edited by GetCrunk; 2018-05-30 at 11:03 PM.

Lol, Anduin is a fool. Never show any kindness to those monsters. They will only betray you.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Why isn't warchief capitalized? Is it always like that?
    Blizzard, or Anduin story-wise, probably messed it up, seeing "Warchief" was properly capitalized in the letter's content.

How is the writing of the letter "crap", though? It seems pretty reasonable to me, and doesn't really possess any obvious problem (i.e: the prose, grammar, words' usage or the likes).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2018-05-30 at 11:02 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account

Also, the writing in this letter is crap. I hope the quests are written better than the stuff being released lately.
    The same reason why "king" isn't capitalized. When as like "King Anduin" it would be capitalized.

"warchief" versus "Warchief Sylvanas"

Why do they need a cease fire if they aren't at war?

It feels like the only reason they aren't at war yet is so the Horde looks like bad guys for starting it and Anduin gets off scot-free of his responsibility for sending Genn and Rogers after Sylvanas in Stormheim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Insurance for countless soliders, on both factions, not to feel trigger happy. Declaring an outright ceasefire for a day to prevent any direct hostile action upon sight.

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    Insurance for countless soliders, on both factions, not to feel trigger happy. Declaring an outright ceasefire for a day to prevent any direct hostile action upon sight.
    A ceasefire is a suspension of fighting. If there is no war being fought then you can't have a ceasefire.

It feels like the only reason they aren't at war yet is so the Horde looks like bad guys for starting it and Anduin gets off scot-free of his responsibility for sending Genn and Rogers after Sylvanas in Stormheim.
    There are open areas of military hostility without technically being at war. It's actually a thing. (Ex. The Gulf War 1 and 2)

The opposite also happens like in Korea. At war, but nobody is currently shoiting.

Also, the writing in this letter is crap. I hope the quests are written better than the stuff being released lately.
    Seems to be a typo. It's written with a capital W at the end of the letter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

So it seems that, at least in Anduin's eyes, the Stormhein and Silithus incidents did not immediately cause the war. And given that we know he's not setting this up as a trap or anything, his intentions to avoid all-out bloodshed appear genuine.

This doesn't really help Sylvanas's case that the Horde must fight the Alliance for survival's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Can anduin get any more lawful good ? Because at this rate we will need new aligment.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Can anduin get any more lawful good ? Because at this rate we will need new aligment.
    Pretty sure he's Lawful Mary Sue.

Deleted
    I look forward to see Sylvanas´s reply "letter".

A ceasefire is a suspension of fighting. If there is no war being fought then you can't have a ceasefire.
    You can fight against each other without being in a war, though. Those are called conflicts (or armed conflicts if weapons are involved). A war only break out when one (or both) sides declare it.
    (One of the more recent real life examples would be the China - Vietnam conflict at the oil rig in the contested area. At a point, for a few days both sides' ships were shooting at each other, but in the end, it didn't escalate further into a war)
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Datigeraj View Post
    I look forward to see Sylvanas´s reply "letter".
    I want it to be a decapitated messengers head with "I accept" cut into his forehead.

This bother me to, I don't denied Sylvanas does Very Bad thing's but as a Horde member I see the attack in Stormheim like an act of war. That was not only unprovoked attack on the Horde but was an assassination attempt on the Horde Warchief

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Lol, Anduin is a fool. Never show any kindness to those monsters. They will only betray you.
    tell me, when your dressing up like Jaina, do you prefer the older blond wig or white hair blond stripe look?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    tell me, when your dressing up like Jaina, do you prefer the older blond wig or white hair blond stripe look?
    First rule of mmo-champion forum, never respond to Elba.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-05-31 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    This bother me to, I don't denied Sylvanas does Very Bad thing's but as a Horde member I see the attack in Stormheim like an act of war. That was not only unprovoked attack on the Horde but was an assassination attempt on the Horde Warchief
    and yet this letter, + the leaks of the book we had some days ago, show that both anduin and sylvanas think there is no war. its very simple. is it stupid? yes, but if blizzard wants to be that way there is nothing we can do about it. so there is no reason to insist.

it seems that what happened in stormheim was just a conflict. an uprovoked attack yes, but still a conflict. seems it didn't start a war according to the new book.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Jaina did nothing wrong. (Well, actually she did. She did not kill enough Blood Elves)