Page 25 of 86 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Marack View Post
    My play has been consistent with previous games. Yours has not.
    Are you saying I've changed?

It's not you, it's me?

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to find one of dendreks damn posts but cant.

With that said from some of his posts im almost certain Graeham is town or not mafia aligned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    We've got three kills. I can only assume that since some of you have pulled a "Dendrek was clearly scum", you are either trying to distance yourself, or trying to set yourselves up for a "Vigi" claim later. Neither one makes me your biggest fans.
    Yeah, if Crissi is claiming vigi because of the poison thing, then lynch 'im to death.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Correct.

I have no problem lynching Blood Fox later in the game if he's still MIA, but at this point in the game an AFK player isn't that harmful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Lynch the lurker is an easy scum play.
    Vote: Kraykray

Lurker lynches is NOT a scum play. Kraykray is smart enough to know this. This feels like a "subtle" attempt to save a teammate and allow them to continue lurking.

Someone who is against fluffly votes should surely be okay with a lurker lynch. Feels scummy.

FoS: Marack

Feels scummy for similar reasons, but to a lesser extent than Kraykray.

FoS: Status

Again, still feels scummy to me for directing as much to GraeGrae as he did and he did specifically support Dendrek.

Being a hypocrite, I'm going to go ahead and pull a GraeGrae here and say:

Reinforce: GraeGrae

Because he feels townie to me. Maybe it's just confirmation bias because I always think he's town, but take it for what my word is worth.

While we're at it,

FoS: Crackle

Unfortunately, I have less of a reason to support my feeling for Crackle being scum, but so far, the known scum/scummy people have supported him pretty hard.

I might just be bad at this game so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lurker lynches is NOT a scum play.
    It is and it isn't. If the lurker is town, it's definitely a scum play b/c that makes it an easy lynch to push. If the lurker is scum, then duh it's not. But I think this is one of the rare occasions where the lurker happened to be mafia. And it was BF too, who has never shown signs of being overly lurky in the past. I'm wondering if something big came up with him or if he's pulling some weird play. Like he bought the trait that lets you say something after you die and he wanted to guarantee he'd use it. That'd be a huge waste though honestly lol

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Damn Deca with the logics. That's a pretty tempting train for me to jump on. You can't deny you got caught looking both ways there, Krayzy.

What the hell is reinforce? Is that some sort of anti-FoS you guys came up with? Also I'm pretty sure BF does not have strong soul, we got to see his role card and it wasn't mentioned (Lora was mentioned in the daybreak post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Yeah, if Crissi is claiming vigi because of the poison thing, then lynch 'im to death.
    Nope. Just read the trait and figured since it took time to kill, was trying to figure out comp based on that since we had 3 deaths. Like, Ive been around enough that if you know someone has a kill power, they're gone past Day 1 so why would I be that stupid?

@Largehorn : Sorry that I'm more thorough than you when it comes to checking for lurkers. You start with time. If they're like you, then you use other stuff like amount of posts for their online time. Its just I was very surprised even at the time that someone would defend someone so hard and not check anything. Felt like a slip to me at the time.

@Marack, how has graeham's play style changed? I haven't really noticed it because he has always been very woe is me. Not that I trust him because he could easily be 2ndary scum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bageloaf View Post
    It is and it isn't. If the lurker is town, it's definitely a scum play b/c that makes it an easy lynch to push. If the lurker is scum, then duh it's not. But I think this is one of the rare occasions where the lurker happened to be mafia. And it was BF too, who has never shown signs of being overly lurky in the past. I'm wondering if something big came up with him or if he's pulling some weird play. Like he bought the trait that lets you say something after you die and he wanted to guarantee he'd use it. That'd be a huge waste though honestly lol
    I'm guessing something big came up. Fox hasn't ever been the type to see if he can get away with lurker, he's the type who likes to see if he can get away with saying unbelievable shit. <3

However, at least in my experience, D1 lurker lynches have always been considered a townish play, even if the lynched member is town. It's considered that, probably we were going to lynch a townie anyways (because 33%-66%) so it may as well be someone who wasn't going to contribute anyways. I think I should have been more clear and say "D1 lurker lynches is not a scum play" rather than what I did, because lurker lynches past D1 can very well be scum or town plays, depending on the dice and alignments, like you said.

I did consider taking strong soul (which lets you post after death) but that feels very strongly town and very weakly mafia to use. If I rolled mafia after getting that trait, I probably wouldn't even use it, because it'd be more likely to jeopardize my teammates than the town.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    What the hell is reinforce?
    I'm just mocking GraeGrae because I'm a terrible friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Nope. Just read the trait and figured since it took time to kill, was trying to figure out comp based on that since we had 3 deaths. Like, Ive been around enough that if you know someone has a kill power, they're gone past Day 1 so why would I be that stupid?

@Largehorn : Sorry that I'm more thorough than you when it comes to checking for lurkers. You start with time. If they're like you, then you use other stuff like amount of posts for their online time. Its just I was very surprised even at the time that someone would defend someone so hard and not check anything. Felt like a slip to me at the time.

@Marack, how has graeham's play style changed? I haven't really noticed it because he has always been very woe is me. Not that I trust him because he could easily be 2ndary scum.
    I like it, I accept it.

Something.

Vote: Krayzy

Let's get some pressure!

Lurker lynches are fine early because if they keep lurking and you get to endgame and they don't show up to vote you are screwed. It's unlikely scum go for people not posting...and the proof is in the results. All 3 kills on some of the top posters on day 1 SHAKING MY HEAD. I miss the good old days when we had a gentleman's agreement to night kill lurkers early on in the game *shakes fist at cloud and grumbles*

Lurker lynches are fine early because if they keep lurking and you get to endgame and they don't show up to vote you are screwed. It's unlikely scum go for people not posting...and the proof is in the results. All 3 kills on some of the top posters on day 1 SHAKING MY HEAD. I miss the good old days when we had a gentleman's agreement to night kill lurkers early on in the game *shakes fist at cloud and grumbles*
    My guess is because of the supporting actor trait

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, info is good for town, no info bad for town. Lurkers may as well be scum, for all they contribute. Why would scum kill what is basically their own team?

It might be a little bit the fault of how we play town as well. TRPs used to read pretty similarly as scum in that they lurked more than VTs. Scum had an incentive to kill lurkers because it might be a TPR.

Something.

Well yeah, info is good for town, no info bad for town. Lurkers may as well be scum, for all they contribute. Why would scum kill what is basically their own team?

It might be a little bit the fault of how we play town as well. TRPs used to read pretty similarly as scum in that they lurked more than VTs. Scum had an incentive to kill lurkers because it might be a TPR.
    True, it's all a matter of context. My experience on MMOC taught me that some people always lurk and some people never lurk and that's pretty much it.

I'm guessing Val, your dislike of me was based on my vote on you. My vote on you was based on two things, 1) Voting no-lynch. 2) I disliked the idea proposed of only having certain people bid on certain items, that still feels very much like giving scum free info.

---
    @Reticence, sorry for not answering your question about graeham/crackle earlier, no way to post at work and didn't have enough time before leaving.
    I will admit to some dislike for Graeham simply for actions during d1. Not really feeling town vibes from him, the argument with him and crackle seems a touch more feigned upon reflection. Not sure if that's a case of trying to get some distance from a teammate or just trying to dig out of a self-made hole. The latter may be more likely.

Crackle I don't have enough of a feel for atm, about the only difference between crackle and graeham I have is that Crackle didn't threaten to quit. It's a flimsy qualifier but it's all I've got right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Reticence View Post
    The Robo kill is a bit surprising to me. The best that I can figure is someone suspected he was scum based on his fluff, but that seems like an odd call to make on D1.
    Ya, Robo is a solid middle game kill for mafia or an SK killing him before like day 3 when he starts to ramp up is just stupid.
    Last edited by Virothe; 2018-05-31 at 02:18 AM.

Yea, that’s why I was confused with why Robo was killed, I really didn’t see anything that stood out from him.

Dendrek was obvious toward the end, and Lora had a couple posts that I noticed but nothing really major.

I still don’t like how Crackle and Graeham interaction went, especially the quitting part. I could get behind a Kray pressure too as some of his posts rubbed me the wrong way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Guess for me it was less a playstyle change and more a time change from him. I'll just go with I didn't like his "antics" D1 or his bitching about my D1 vote being on him, like it usually is D1.

I'm actually curious about his D1 reads and why he put me in his scum pile. It truly feels like he put low posters there by and nobody else.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Vote: Kraykray

Lurker lynches is NOT a scum play. Kraykray is smart enough to know this. This feels like a "subtle" attempt to save a teammate and allow them to continue lurking.

Someone who is against fluffly votes should surely be okay with a lurker lynch. Feels scummy.

FoS: Marack

Feels scummy for similar reasons, but to a lesser extent than Kraykray.

FoS: Status

Again, still feels scummy to me for directing as much to GraeGrae as he did and he did specifically support Dendrek.

Being a hypocrite, I'm going to go ahead and pull a GraeGrae here and say:

Reinforce: GraeGrae

Because he feels townie to me. Maybe it's just confirmation bias because I always think he's town, but take it for what my word is worth.

While we're at it,

FoS: Crackle

Unfortunately, I have less of a reason to support my feeling for Crackle being scum, but so far, the known scum/scummy people have supported him pretty hard.

I might just be bad at this game so who knows.
    You've played with me WAY too many times to know I'd be one of the first to bury a teammate of my own. I damn sure wouldn't defend an AFK teammate.

If you look at my posting over the weekend you'd see I was away for quite a bit of it. Away outside enjoying my holiday weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

And how is lynching a lurker not an easy scum play?

We're all pretty sure there are two scum teams, right? With this many players and there being 3 deaths I'd be willing to bet there are. Why wouldn't the other mafia (or SK's) vote for that lynch? It's an easy play because voting on a lurker draws very little attention to people. If the player turns out to be a TPR nobody bothers to look twice at them because it was a policy lynch.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't looked in 5 or 6 years but can't you hide your logins? I'm pretty sure I did that in the past because everyone checked login times. That and back then we would always start day as soon as all night actions were in so catching scum became easier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JynxieJ View Post
    Yea, that’s why I was confused with why Robo was killed, I really didn’t see anything that stood out from him.

Dendrek was obvious toward the end, and Lora had a couple posts that I noticed but nothing really major.

I still don’t like how Crackle and Graeham interaction went, especially the quitting part. I could get behind a Kray pressure too as some of his posts rubbed me the wrong way.

Which posts?

Good logic on the kray votes, I'll see how it goes tho.

Maracks play was strange yesterday too and I wouldn't mind going on him.

Also got a bit of a gut feel on krylian but nothing big for now
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't looked in 5 or 6 years but can't you hide your logins?
    Forum mods can see you even if you're hidden

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Good logic on the kray votes, I'll see how it goes tho.

Maracks play was strange yesterday too and I wouldn't mind going on him.

Also got a bit of a gut feel on krylian but nothing big for now
    How is it good logic?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bageloaf View Post
    Forum mods can see you even if you're hidden
    So what you're saying is pretty much everyone who plays with us can't see?