Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    I'd make them now, and hang onto them until BFA. With the new allied races, the demand for bags will skyrocket
    30 slot bags in BfA are ridiculously easy to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    So after buying a bunch of games and gametime with wow gold i find myself under a million from what i had saved coming into legion, what would be a good use of time to farm gold for BFA? Its been so long since i had to think about gold making i have no idea what is best nowadays lol. I used to buy and sell mounts but they are all so crazy expensive now i cant even afford to buy one and sell. I am a max tailor and enchanter if that helps.
    Order Hall misisons and selling boosts (Argus, M15+, etc) are the current cash cows.

The only good way to farm right now would be boosting people. It's way too late to start with class halls farm or material farm.

Deleted
    It is not too late for the Class Hall gold making, but you will not make a huge amount unless you have already 10 alts at 110 and need only to do the chain.

Beside that one of the most lucrative, as we are going towards bfa release, is selling Primal Obliterum or Crafted 885-935 Obliterum gear for people that are looking to do Tower Challenge with alts and need easy quick gear and since LFR is pure aids now that people are frozin and thus the only LFR players that remains are the utter garbage.

Also : Primal Sargerite shuffle in Empyrium or Astral Glory etc etc

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    My hourly rate of pay means it's better for me to work overtime than play WoW to farm gold. In the time it takes to level an alt 100-110 and get it optimised for the mission table I could buy 3-4 tokens which is way better (considering the gold missions will be gone in like 1.5 months).

Plus at least I'm working instead of sitting behind a computer in my parents basement 24/7 :P
    Uh, yeah, that cliche response of people living in their mothers basement doesn't really apply here. I'm 31 and own my home. But besides that, yes, with the limited time left, it's not viable. But the long term, it's 15 minutes of work that can be done from your cell phone and will generate what you'd have to spend 100$ a week on. I'm sorry if that bothers you, which it clearly does, but it's moronic to work extra hours at work in order to buy something that you can earn for free while on a bathroom break. Nice try though
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

If you are anywhere in the 960s gear you can easily sell any +15. They usually go for 200-250k per run.

Fill me in; Why did all mats get useless? Surely we will need mats for items...Be it old stuff you make for transmog or leg armor kits for heirlooms? So old leather like Knothide, or Magnificent hide still relevant, or even just present day legion?

Are ALL mats in wow being made into something else?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    If you are anywhere in the 960s gear you can easily sell any +15. They usually go for 200-250k per run.
    Yeah there's just that problem of you needing to find 3 other people who don't suck that you inevitably have to split the gold with.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Fill me in; Why did all mats get useless? Surely we will need mats for items...Be it old stuff you make for transmog or leg armor kits for heirlooms? So old leather like Knothide, or Magnificent hide still relevant, or even just present day legion?

Are ALL mats in wow being made into something else?
    Mats aren't useless. Wod mats, for example, are used to craft drums, bags and invis potions.
    Legion ore is most commonly prospected in order to cut gems.

- - - Updated - - -

On OCE servers, runs are sold 60k-80k, considering how easy it is to carry one person.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Where does this Eldorado lie, because on my server they go for 100-150k, and there are even people dumping it down to 80k. EU server btw.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    On OCE servers, runs are sold 60k-80k, considering how easy it is to carry one person.
    Wow, that's even more pathetic.

On topic, have alts and nothing to do with them? Look at this week's opportunity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_UQXWclyeo
    TLDR: http://www.wowhead.com/item=136922/wyrmy-tunkins Go go pick up shovels on your alts and stockpile the pet for later when quest isn't up. Pluses: doesn't require weeks of building order halls, doesn't require any skill or profit sharing unlike m+ boosting. Minuses: pets can sell somehow slowly, archeology is boring.

Yep, I think it's too late to start building alt army for order hall. It might be worth sending missions if you're semi set up or fully set up, don't bother with levelling a fresh toon tho.

Another common idea: DMF is up on Sunday, and there are cropping up vids how to farm DMF tickets on alts and sell stuff (mostly transmog replicas, can try pets too if they aren't trash value on your server).

If you have a rogue, pickpocketing quests and pets sold by the vendor you turn coins too can be quite decent payoff.

Also there are plenty of vids how various goldmakers are prepping for BFA, what are they stockpiling and what are they planning to sell / farm, you can get some inspiration from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm more traditional - and likely earn less for it - in my gold making. I go out and farm stuff that sells.

Ghost iron/bars sell between 2k-4k. I think it was 100 bars that sold for like 2k or smth. Before my 6 month break, I managed to sell some arcanite bars for over 1k, but now it's hard.

Also stockpiling hexweave cloth to later craft bags.

And contemplating if I should just sell the raw chaos crystals or craft enchants.

I have about 10 characters with all 950 followers and argus missions. Make about 250-300k a week give or take. Granted, it takes about a month to get this all set up, so by that time you won't be able to take much advantage of this. It also isn't clear if they will nerf the gold-making in the pre-patch or when BFA actually launches.

Sell +15 runs you can do 4 per hour 600k split on 4 people

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I have about 10 characters with all 950 followers and argus missions. Make about 250-300k a week give or take. Granted, it takes about a month to get this all set up, so by that time you won't be able to take much advantage of this. It also isn't clear if they will nerf the gold-making in the pre-patch or when BFA actually launches.
    They did it with garrisons I can't imagine they're going to let it go with Order Halls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bit of OT, but are you folks getting occasional cases of people tanking the prices of certain materials?

I started farming ley and felslate cause the prices ranged between 3k and 4k for 200, and I was selling them.

This week, as im sitting on a few leystone stacks, I check the AH and notice someone purposely tanked its price from 3/4k to 1k.

Are these people benevolent souls? I don't get why when the mats were still selling comfortably at the higher price

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Bit of OT, but are you folks getting occasional cases of people tanking the prices of certain materials?

I started farming ley and felslate cause the prices ranged between 3k and 4k for 200, and I was selling them.

This week, as im sitting on a few leystone stacks, I check the AH and notice someone purposely tanked its price from 3/4k to 1k.

Are these people benevolent souls? I don't get why when the mats were still selling comfortably at the higher price
    It's that time of the expansion, some people are starting to purge and clear whatever they have in stock in preparation for BFA. They want to get rid of their stock before they believe the market will tank, enough people doing this then of cause tanks the market.

Then you have the people with personal gbanks that just buy and stockpile away for a rainy day. You just never know when things will become valuable again.

Prices are tanking because of end of expansion period, I noticed bacon, felwort, prolonged power etc. all are dropping in price especially for about 2 weeks now, guess people came to some deadline "this and this much before next expansion I'm getting rid of my stock".

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is I've been selling these ores occasionally for the past 2 weeks between 3 and 4k and they were going out very well.

This just seems like unwarranted panic, given that people are still dishing out thar amount of gold for mats.

You see a bunch of stacks at 4k and decide to post 5 of.yours at 1500g..... why? Don't be an idiot.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is I've been selling these ores occasionally for the past 2 weeks between 3 and 4k and they were going out very well.

This just seems like unwarranted panic, given that people are still dishing out thar amount of gold for mats.

You see a bunch of stacks at 4k and decide to post 5 of.yours at 1500g..... why? Don't be an idiot.
    If you see someone doing , the clear solution is to buy them and relist them, not complain about it
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Living steel all the way , still selling at 2.5k a piece