Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    And after having "peace" after the Broken Shore and suddenly being attacked by your "ally" in Stormheim and have you fleet sunken, really think Sylvanas' is up for another "day of peace" negotiation?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    Insurance for countless soliders, on both factions, not to feel trigger happy. Declaring an outright ceasefire for a day to prevent any direct hostile action upon sight.
    Or it's a ploy to off balance the other side for a strike they don't see coming.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

In the book, doesn't Sylvannas show up and kill all of the undead?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's interesting that no mention of the title high king in that letter.

Also hopefully now we can finally end that crazy ass debate of whether he is a paladin or priest (HE IS A PRIEST)
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Polygons View Post
    In the book, doesn't Sylvannas show up and kill all of the undead?
    No, it's a bit more complex than that. Yes, she showed up. No, she didn't instantly kill all of the Undead. She was content with watching at first (although with certain ulterior motive). There were things that didn't go according to her expectation and she was unhappy, but to Sylvanas' credit, she was still just watching. It's only after Calia showed her face and Sylvanas was informed who that "hooded priest" (Calia) was, that she took action and killed all those who weren't already by her side - regardless whether they were defectors or not.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    OOC for her considering in the epilogue cinematic as she holds Azerite she questions if the Alliance know anything of it as she already has intentions of ending the last threat to her existence.
    Personally, I think she's using it to get her own proverbial house in order before committing herself to an all-out war. The outcome at Arathi is probably pretty much exactly what she hoped for - purging undesirables among the Forsaken and exposing the Desolate Council as fools and traitors to the cause in one feel swoop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Well, given that upon seeing a member of the Council having a bad experience at the Gathering, she thought to herself something in the line that - as expected, it'd go wrong and after this, the Council will start fighting among themselves without her having to do anything - it's likely more of the later than the former.
    Agreed, and it makes an excellent show of PR optics that the "Banshee Queen" would be willing to permit it, showing that she's not as tyrannical or outwardly evil as people say. The stunt costs her nothing, and in-game she comes out of it pretty much clean (only we know the true inner monologues as well as the behind-the-scenes goings-on).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Lol, Anduin is a fool. Never show any kindness to those monsters. They will only betray you.
    agreed. horde fucks can only see so far past their tents and meat racks, they'll always take the easy path
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

So Anduin confirms that the emissaries Sylvanas sent were met and treated the same as Scourge.

Also, not at war, but you know there's still that assault on the Horde's fleet and attempt on Sylvanas' life that just happened during the Legion's invasion. Nice to see that Christie and Blizzard wont acknowledge it or even have sylvanas bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    No, it's a bit more complex than that. Yes, she showed up. No, she didn't instantly kill all of the Undead. She was content with watching at first (although with certain ulterior motive). There were things that didn't go according to her expectation and she was unhappy, but to Sylvanas' credit, she was still just watching. It's only after Calia showed her face and Sylvanas was informed who that "hooded priest" (Calia) was, that she took action and killed all those who weren't already by her side - regardless whether they were defectors or not.
    Well I can't wait to see what happens in the game. I seriously wonder if they'll try to introduce undead to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Also, not at war, but you know there's still that assault on the Horde's fleet and attempt on Sylvanas' life that just happened during the Legion's invasion. Nice to see that Christie and Blizzard wont acknowledge it or even have sylvanas bring it up.
    Maybe she doesn't want to bring up how she was caught with her pants down on a secret mission to make deals with people who would sell out our world for petty revenge (no, not Genn you silly billies) and lost her chance at immortality. It's a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Maybe she doesn't want to bring up how she was caught with her pants down on a secret mission to make deals with people who would sell out our world for petty revenge (no, not Genn you silly billies) and lost her chance at immortality. It's a possibility.
    It's funny you say that, because that's exactly what Genn did. The Forsaken fleet that he attacked was not there for her, but for us. He got both the Alliance and Horde forces killed for his revenge, while Sylvanas only made a deal with someone that didn't jeopardize the world at all.

So Anduin confirms that the emissaries Sylvanas sent were met and treated the same as Scourge.

It is not the first time Blizzard ignore certain events that are important for their own convenience.

In Tide of War, when Garrosh announced plan to attack Jaina, many other Horde members behaved like that Jaina was complete neutral despite the fact that Theramore had been used as the main support base for Alliance and even spearheaded Alliance invasions before and during Cataclysm.

They cherished the innocence of characters like Jaina/Anduin too much to the point that they simply wrote off events that led you doubt their supposed innocence. And to be honest, I think that was the main reasons why quite a few players would go to length to call these characters Mary Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Why isn't warchief capitalized? Is it always like that?

Also, the writing in this letter is crap. I hope the quests are written better than the stuff being released lately.
    Oh.. oh you poor fool. Nobody told you? I'm so.. so sorry...
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    It is not the first time Blizzard ignore certain events that are important for their own convenience.

In Tide of War, when Garrosh announced plan to attack Jaina, many other Horde members behaved like that Jaina was complete neutral despite the fact that Theramore had been used as the main support base for Alliance and even spearheaded Alliance invasions before and during Cataclysm.

They cherished the innocence of characters like Jaina/Anduin too much to the point that they simply wrote off events that led you doubt their supposed innocence. And to be honest, I think that was the main reasons why quite a few players would go to length to call these characters Mary Sue.
    There was a lot of sloppy writing in Cata, my guess is they just wanted to sweep it all under the rug. Chronicles from what I'm told paints the barrens thing as only having happened post cataclysm so idk if that's even canon that they attacked pre cata.

If that is the case, why didn't Genn use what he have learnt to openly denounce Sylvanas? Tell other Horde members that their Warchief is selling out the world (he can find quite a few evidence to back up his cause) would certainly give Alliance some advantage.

Whether Sylvanas is right or Genn is right, this event is by no mean a common border skirmish and its importance deserved further consequence. You either call Genn a warmonger or call Sylvanas immoral but there is no way to just ignore this event and pretend it is not important.

Blizzard ignored an important in-game event for the reason that their writers can not handle complicated political events. Their description of world war, despite of all the fancy equipments involved, is more like a street fighting between two gangs in spirit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    There was a lot of sloppy writing in Cata, my guess is they just wanted to sweep it all under the rug. Chronicles from what I'm told paints the barrens thing as only having happened post cataclysm so idk if that's even canon that they attacked pre cata.
    They have to sweep like 3 or 4 zones completely under the rug (not just the timeline) to claim that Jaina was neutral and Garrosh's attack was not justified.

I am just wondering why they were so afraid to give a shade of grey to people like Jaina/Garrosh. This would not change the ultimate fact that Jaina was a nicer lady than the crazy-dude Garrosh.

The current released materials in the coming book strongly suggested that Sylvanas might be the only one who was responsible to the war and all Alliance characters are complete Innocent. It is true that we have not seen everything yet but I doubt the rest of the materials would change this main theme.
    Last edited by Ash123; 2018-05-31 at 03:32 AM.

It's funny you say that, because that's exactly what Genn did. The Forsaken fleet that he attacked was not there for her, but for us. He got both the Alliance and Horde forces killed for his revenge, while Sylvanas only made a deal with someone that didn't jeopardize the world at all.
    Didn't jeopardize the world at all because we stopped her pawn from enslaving Eyir and then beat her. I wonder how that story would have been different had Sylvanas succeeded and angry stupid, conniving, warmonger Genn didn't stop her.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to feel bad for liking sylvanas.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Didn't jeopardize the world at all because we stopped her pawn from enslaving Eyir and then beat her. I wonder how that story would have been different had Sylvanas succeeded and angry stupid, conniving, warmonger Genn didn't stop her.
    Eyir is already enslaved by Odyn. Sylvanas was only freeing her and giving her an option to have a female master instead of a male master who probably sexually harasses her. Sylvanas can use Eyir to fight the Legion too. Odyn would just say "o well.. Eyir wasn't strong enough"
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-05-31 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    Anduin its like an 'merican president, YES, they attacked the horde without a casus belli at Stormheim, but he is playing the victim as the hypocrite he is, because it serves him well.

But THIS war was started by him, and his faction, and we will erase them from the world as the hypocritical vermin they are, all the trees will burn and their cities will be burned to the ground! <3
    Ashran calls, turns out you started it.

Quote Originally Posted by musicallittle1 View Post
    Why isn't warchief capitalized? Is it always like that?

Also, the writing in this letter is crap. I hope the quests are written better than the stuff being released lately.
    What's wrong with the writing in the letter? Read pretty well to me.