Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Kul'Tiran Shaman

Is there any chance for this to work. I just vaguely remember those water towers in Warcraft 3, and hints of hydromancy. Could there be any resto shammies communing with water and the elements on Kul'Tiras, or is it all just Jaina/Dalaran style bending elements to their will with arcane?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Is there any chance for this to work. I just vaguely remember those water towers in Warcraft 3, and hints of hydromancy. Could there be any resto shammies communing with water and the elements on Kul'Tiras, or is it all just Jaina/Dalaran style bending elements to their will with arcane?
    I actually feel like it’s more fitting then Kul’Tiran druids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Tidesages definitely feel Shamanistic to me, although I think they are functionally Mages or Priests - they have command over the seas but can extend to that "all of the elements," they can summon/control elementals, and generally approach their reverence for the sea much the way Shaman do the elements. The Tidesages also appear to worship the Tidemother, which is either a powerful Elemental noble or possibly an aquatic Wild God.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Hydromancer=frost mage.

They would be shamans. Imagine spellcaste who uses water and storm magic to win a naval battle.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Hydromancer=frost mage.
    Hydro = water, so it is better fitting for resto shamans.
    Someone who use frost magic is a cryomancer.

Even though a frost mage is like a mix between the two due to the water elemental they use.

Deleted
    Realistically, both the Zandalari and Kul Tirans should be all classes except heroic ones (Death Knight, Demon Hunter). Kul Tirans could even be DKs without too much lorelol, but we know Blizzard is not going to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Realistically, both the Zandalari and Kul Tirans should be all classes except heroic ones (Death Knight, Demon Hunter). Kul Tirans could even be DKs without too much lorelol, but we know Blizzard is not going to do that.
    I would actully agree with this.

Kul Tiran can't be paladins because they have different mindset and worship sea instead of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Vent View Post
    Hydro = water, so it is better fitting for resto shamans.
    Someone who use frost magic is a cryomancer.

Even though a frost mage is like a mix between the two due to the water elemental they use.
    What's water made out of again?

What's water made out of again?
    If you ask DW on Arthur, h2O stands for hose + oxygen. Air + hose makes water!

They do have totems...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I actually feel like it’s more fitting then Kul’Tiran druids.
    I agree. Kul Tiran shamans seem to be a better thematic fit with the Tidesages and the centrality of the sea and storms to their religion. The druids feel tacked on to counter the Zandalari getting unique druid forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Also, Zandalari demoniacs are demon hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

They should give us Kul'tiran shamans and Zandalari paladins.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    They do have totems...
    This leads me to believe they will have shamans...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    This leads me to believe they will have shamans...
    Not insofar as we've seen. Those objects are actually stationary censers in which the Tidesages seem to store watery magical essence, like ritual batteries of a sort. I do agree that that they have a lot in common with shaman, though.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Hydromancer=frost mage.
    no, that's a cryomancer.

a hydromancer is a shaman.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not insofar as we've seen. Those objects are actually stationary censers in which the Tidesages seem to store watery magical essence, like ritual batteries of a sort. I do agree that that they have a lot in common with shaman, though.
    They had more simplified model before (just iron anchor) and then were replaced with this new model. I say KT shamans are confirmed at this point.

5+ Year Old Account
    Since TBC, i still wish to see shaman class not be gimped down (so they would be only useful as healers);dreaming about ench shammy with 2hander ... not these pathetic dual weild noodle.
    Balance around shamans always feels weird , couz main races that most ppl plays cant be shamans (Belfs,Humans),so shaman class all the time left to outcast (dwarf female,weed trolls,cows who failed to pick pally or warrior) so i hope if Zandalari and K.humans would be shamans Blizzard will OPEN eyes and make them little bit competitive.
    God they even went so far as removed "Gust of wind" devil knows why (my favorite skill of shaman in LEGION).
    Now shaman ONLY class in game who has only 2 defensive cooldowns, compered to others 4-8 per class =freaking shame.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    no, that's a cryomancer.

a hydromancer is a shaman.
    In the warcraft world, hydromancers are indeed mages. Heck, frost mages even use WATER elementals, and finally the hydromancer unit in WC3 uses the Rogue Wizard skin of the Archmage and uses Crushing Wave, Slow and Polymorph