Mhm, I remember back then Hanzo being barely used and considered a troll pick. Widow and Dive still counters him (well, yeah, I concur Widow is not really "counter"), although slightly less effective because of Lunge and Storm arrows.

We get to see new heroes being played, new comps, and that's healthy for the game. In my opinion. Soon Symmetra changes will kick in, and maybe the meta will shift again.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    @Endus @DeadmanWalking @ThatsOurEric

For days now this thread has been you three bickering over this shit. Can you knock it off, it's fucking tedious.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Hanzo is still fucking stupid OP, literally the only viable DPS on the ladder and has been for a month. Meanwhile Sombra got nerfed to the ground on an overreaction to a theory in two weeks.

Devs are not doing a good job here anymore.
    You don't get to tell me when to stop doing anything. You have been mewling about Hanzo nonstop but I don't tell you to stop. If you don't like it put me on block, otherwise find some other way to entertain yourself than pretending you are the forum admin.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-05-31 at 04:27 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    You don't get to tell me when to stop doing anything. You have been mewling about Hanzo nonstop but I don't tell you to stop. If you don't like it put me on block, otherwise find some other way to entertain yourself than pretending you are the forum admin.
    No, but an admin stated to knock it off. That being stated, you also have contributed to Hanzo comments.
    The forum is also “how are your games going,” which as shocking as this is, Jessicka’s and Eric’s have also been centered around that, to which a great deal of other people have been typing out long drawn responses that sum up as “git gud!”
    Going back to the forum function, games today haven’t been bad. Lot closer than I’d have liked, but no stomps for or against my team, which makes the games pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    No, but an admin stated to knock it off. That being stated, you also have contributed to Hanzo comments.
    The forum is also “how are your games going,” which as shocking as this is, Jessicka’s and Eric’s have also been centered around that, to which a great deal of other people have been typing out long drawn responses that sum up as “git gud!”
    Going back to the forum function, games today haven’t been bad. Lot closer than I’d have liked, but no stomps for or against my team, which makes the games pretty fun.
    What comps were you facing/using most ?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    What comps were you facing/using most ?
    Most of my teams have been 2/2/2. Been seeing a lot of 1/3/2 or 2/1/3, but the enemy teams aren’t able to pull that off. My biggest gripes today have mainly been my last 2 games I had Moira’s that just refused to heal.
    One game I had gold healing at 400 with Roadhog after about a minute. Ended up swapping to 2nd healer but that left us 1 tank and the other tank wasn’t that good. Still, not a bad day overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I get it, I’m not your mum. Don’t take it so personally, I asked all three of you.

As for Hanzo, yeah, I recognise a problem when I see one. Even Wraxu the world #1 Hanzo recognises the problem. Everybody does, the only question is whether they want to admit it or just enjoy being OP while they can.

I just had a very weird game. We were playing, my friend says he was disconnected, he's still on discord though so it wasn't his internet and ask what happened and he said he can't connect again. Few seconds later a player from the enemy team leaves the game which I think was a disconnect, then like 5 seconds later the rest of the enemy team, we won that game.

If there's some issue with the server that's causing disconnects, why is the match not canceled? I don't think the enemy team and my friend all had a temporary internet problem at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I just had a very weird game. We were playing, my friend says he was disconnected, he's still on discord though so it wasn't his internet and ask what happened and he said he can't connect again. Few seconds later a player from the enemy team leaves the game which I think was a disconnect, then like 5 seconds later the rest of the enemy team, we won that game.

If there's some issue with the server that's causing disconnects, why is the match not canceled? I don't think the enemy team and my friend all had a temporary internet problem at the same time.
    This happened to me yesterday. Think it’s a connection issue with the game somehow. We had someone leave/dc early on, and about 2 minutes later the enemy team had someone leave/dc. After about another 1-3 minutes another player on my team was gone. After the 3rd person left, I apologized to my team but stated I’m gonna head out and good luck on their next games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never had a disconnect in OW that was my internet itself (unless you could the time my power went out). It is always the client DCing or crashing. I don't know if Overwatch can tell the difference between the client DCing or someone just plugging/altf4 but it should be able to have some kind of check to see when it's an error or crash I'd think?

Maybe people could exploit it somehow and that's why it doesn't? I don't know. But it's annoying enough to have those issues, even more so when you face repercussions like SR losses or waiting periods for requeueing.

Luckily it doesn't happen that often to me but I know some people who see them often enough that they can't even really play Comp.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    I will state again that I never told anyone to stop discussing Hanzo. I disagreed with people but I never said for them to stop and the reason I don't tell people to stop discussing something is because I don't imagine I am a forum admin.

As far as 'git gud' goes I wasn't saying 'git gud', I was saying stop blaming others all the time. One can't improve if they always attribute blame for failures to others. As for 'the great deal of people who had long drawn out responses', this is a forum. That's what the forum exists for. Someone says something and then people discuss. Discussion does not mean 'You can only agree with others'. Discussion means someone else gets to make a statement in reply regardless if it disagrees with the original comment.

If I say that 'The game was better before Brigette came along because brigette doesn't fit this game' and someone wants to spend 20 posts disagreeing with me then they are welcome to.

I can disagree that Hanzo is unstoppable. Hanzo has quite a few counters in this game but Orisa isn't one of them. Especially Bad Orisa's who don't have a shield up in front of them who are all alone on the control point facing a Hanzo, Rhein and Moira. Had the Hanzo not been there Rhein still would of killed Orisa because he has a healer backing him up and Moira can heal through shields.

Gengi kills Hanzo. Monkey kills Hanzo. Dva Kills Hanzo. Tracer smokes Hanzo. Any character that can get into his face can kill Hanzo. Widow can kill Hanzo. Soldier can fire a rocket once his primary fire starts to bloom and Hanzo goes bye bye. He's a light health target with one very short ranged escape.

The ideal that only Hanzo can kill hanzo on the regular is an argument being made by someone who only wants to present facts to support their personal point of view who also happens to be playing a character that isn't strong against Hanzo. It's like a Winston bitching that Reaper should be removed.

As Hanzo if I fire, use E and fire at an Orisa shield I can't take it down fast enough before Orisa puts a new one out. If my team helps me take it down the Orisa most likely will die because she is pretty stationary because Bad Orisa's just stand there and gun rather than trying to GTFO. Now was that because Hanzo was OP or because my team focused fire to bring the shield down faster than she could get it back up? The answer would be 'team effort'. One on One an Orisa has very little to worry about from the standard Hanzo, but if the Orisa is standing flat footed on the control point all alone facing a Hanzo, Moira and Rhein then that Orisa is dead as a doornail and it wasn't because there was a Hanzo there, it was because she was out of position, didn't have her armor boost ability ready for use, didn't have a team and didn't have a shield in place. Mostly because she was out of position and all alone.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2018-06-01 at 02:22 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I've never had a disconnect in OW that was my internet itself (unless you could the time my power went out). It is always the client DCing or crashing. I don't know if Overwatch can tell the difference between the client DCing or someone just plugging/altf4 but it should be able to have some kind of check to see when it's an error or crash I'd think?

Maybe people could exploit it somehow and that's why it doesn't? I don't know. But it's annoying enough to have those issues, even more so when you face repercussions like SR losses or waiting periods for requeueing.

Luckily it doesn't happen that often to me but I know some people who see them often enough that they can't even really play Comp.
    It's SUPER nutty. I've actually had to stop playing Competitive, because I'm on wifi right now without an option to connect directly, and the wi-fi will "blip" occasionally. I can stream video at 1080p just fine and stuff, and if I get into a match I'll almost always stay in the whole time, but it'll DC me joining a match a fair bit, or between rounds. Super frustrating, even though I can log right back in without delay.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Placed masters, going 17-3 maining Brigitte. After that point, have had 5 matches in a row with one trick throwers or leavers and now I'm almost out of masters already because of the bullshit initial placement swing matches. FFS.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Placed masters, going 17-3 maining Brigitte. After that point, have had 5 matches in a row with one trick throwers or leavers and now I'm almost out of masters already because of the bullshit initial placement swing matches. FFS.

hmm yeah .

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    hmm yeah .
    Excuse me, let me add the missing word: Torb.

I'm playing a meta element on purpose, because it's useful and currently the best way to win. I also said they are throwing...
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2018-06-02 at 05:17 AM.
    BAD WOLF

people still playing lucio for healing...its always a pleasure to play 5v6

i never seen so many fucking shit bots in a game..... how are people so fucking SHIT HOW ???????? why cant these fucks just die in a fucking fire ????

hope the next terror attack or school shooting removes some of the fucking shit bots i get queued with. brainless fucks should just die

just fucking die

Game has the worst netcode in history of FPS games... fuck blizzard cant even fix that shit.....
    Last edited by jasdasm; 2018-06-02 at 02:12 PM.

Widows are becoming more and more of a problem for me. I wish there was a mirror of sorts in OW so we could see our own character's model moving around so we could practice juking and manipulating our animations and hitboxes. A mirror in the training grounds would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by jasdasm View Post
    people still playing lucio for healing...its always a pleasure to play 5v6

i never seen so many fucking shit bots in a game..... how are people so fucking SHIT HOW ???????? why cant these fucks just die in a fucking fire ????

hope the next terror attack or school shooting removes some of the fucking shit bots i get queued with. brainless fucks should just die

just fucking die

Game has the worst netcode in history of FPS games... fuck blizzard cant even fix that shit.....
    Imagine being this much of a sad loser as well as bad at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Imagine being this much of a sad loser as well as bad at the game.
    you know nothing so just go die in car crash shit bot

i hate lucio players in quick player. they would rather run around on walls rather than heal their team mates.

7+ Year Old Account
    QP is always a random box of crap, so I won't touch on it outside of saying it's really annoying to play against Masters/GM players as a Plat consistently. On top of the mode not being fun as a byproduct of the randomness and nonsense that happens, I can't even get games where I feel like I can be productive/warm-up /learn heroes. It's a colossal waste of time and a very frustrating experience more times than not.

So for Comp today...

Game 1: I have two Hanzo one tricks on my team. Round to round they bicker about who should play it and each reset is a test to see who can lock it in first. As with most devoted one-tricks, they can't really play anything else effectively, and we lose mostly due to morale and teamwork being in the gutter, as opposed to skill alone.

Game 2: We absolutely got rolled. It wasn't even close. Gold elims after 1 round was 4, and truthfully, the game was over after the second team fight we lost, as most of the team was raging in chat about how everyone except themselves sucked (albeit in significantly more colorful language).

Game 3: We were doing quite well. Pushing a payload to its final destination. We're down 1 but the fight is winnable... but wait... the main tank refuses to engage, and we lose that fight despite investing ults. He commences to calling everyone trash, demand they follow the main tank 'cause he's the only one that has any say about when or where we fight, and leaves the game all together shortly after an exchange with another teammate, citing that he "didn't care" about winning or costing us a match. We push the payload to the end in a 5v6 anyway. Now, it's our turn to defend, and we get absolutely rolled on the capture point. 2 minutes has passed, and another teammate decides to leave. We all ended up leaving afterwards.

So, yeah, that's basically my Overwatch experience in a nutshell lately, although this is just what happened this morning. I want to play, 'cause I enjoy the core of the game, but the day-to-day experience is often more frustrating than enjoyable.