Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Because flying ruined pvp and world pvp is very unbalanced now.

Starting to think that idiots like OP who talk up ganking like it's something to be proud of or anything other than something everyone acknowledges angsty autistic teens do to fulfill a power fantasy should have to post their armory to let everyone confirm they're bad at the game.

I mean if you're so bad at the game that the only thing in it you can do is kill people who aren't fighting back and call that "PvP" while it's in fact easier than most of the PvE in the game, have at it, but then why make the thread and act like you literally matter at all?

> but I'm fighting other players

yeah, and boxing a quadraplegic would be technically "boxing another person"

> but it's fun to get people to call their friends

you're killing lowbies and no-geared players, if anyone of substance showed up you'd run away, like you'd fight a 12 year old child but a twig of a man shows up and you'd be running like a little pussy, to keep with the "IRL" analogy

> everyone who doesn't like it is a complainer

Sorry, we all enjoy sitting in traffic, too. That's what we call "challenging content." You can pretend you're in NASCAR or a rally race or something, but you're actually sitting there stopping and going at an average of like 7 mph, I mean there are people (not you, of course) who can run almost twice as fast as that for 20+ miles.

Keep doing you though, cheers, good luck with life m8.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because gankers are cowards who can't stand a fair fight and cover it up with the kind of bullshit bravado you started this thread with.
    You should go research how the vanilla pvp ranking system worked before you cover up your ignorance with this kind of bullshit bravado.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeve View Post
    Because flying ruined pvp and world pvp is very unbalanced now.
    World PvP has never been balanced. It’s always on the attackers terms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post

You can get ganked. You can gank. You accept it or switch servers, simple as that. No need for self-righteous hatred crusades by people who are too lazy to form social connections to protect themselves or at least deal with
    Its obviously not simple like that since Blizzard is removing PvP servers and making them PvE ones. They must have good reason for that..

If you like it, engage in it. Just don't feel entitled to be extra rewarded for it.
    Nobody would care, but Blizzard in all their wisdom decided they would 'nudge' people into it with oversized PvE rewards. We've all seen how people that don't like PvP love it when they are forced to do it (NOT!).

10+ Year Old Account
    I grew up on Bleeding Hollow, it was fucking brutal and I knew within the first 20 levels that my life on that server would be hell, and that's why I loved it and stayed.

It fostered hatred, it fostered a desire for revenge, it fostered a desire for Warcraft. Whether you were guilty or innocent, you'd fall under my blade just as I fell under others' whilst leveling up. That's the tragic circle of Warcraft, you either dealt with it or left for a safe space PVE server.

Everyone knew the deal, and if you stayed you agreed with it. For over a decade, everyone knew the deal. Now all of a sudden, it's a reason to hate on players and treat them as subpar.

Who are you people with this...arrogant, ignorant, unhealthy and detrimental attitude towards WoW's world PVP? PVP servers are not your safe space. They are not friendly. They are not there to promote PVE activities. They're there to create legendary PVP moments fueled by desire to pummel the enemy faction.

Ganking and the guilds it formed to protect yourself and fight back fostered some of the most memorable events in WoW, moreso than all your fucking boss kills and PVE events, out of which only the AQ gates and zombie invasion are worthy of mention and even remembered by a majority.

Dealing with ganking meant getting creative, creating alliances, learning your class better than any raid or dungeon or website could ever teach you. It meant that suddenly in the world, your daily grind could turn into a memorable battle as people rushed to help you and shit escalated to Troy proportions.
    Uhm, the short answer would be classic/vanilla? Ganker's were hated by some from day one. Just like Ganker's whined when they got their ass kicked by a group of max level people.

Cut this bullshit about gankers being subhuman neckbeards with no life and all these fucking high school e-hurt affirmations, if you don't like it don't engage in it, but don't try to undermine others' source of fun just cause you've realized that for the past 10+ years your only memories of the game are 90% of the time spent farming dandelions and reputation grinds.
    So, what you're saying is, it's okay for gankers to undermine other people's source of fun? Just because they realized they could one shot a guy 20+ levels below them? If you don't like getting flagged as being a douche, then you shouldn't engage either. It is life, and it's been like this since day one on PvP servers.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2018-05-31 at 08:20 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Cant wait for warmode to put all like minded ppl on same shard . Its not pvp when 1 instant spell from someone much higher level than you can instantly kill you . now add flying to it and they can corpse camp you forever . Its basically same mentality as 5 tall 5th grader picking on that tiny first grader . Its sure fun for the group of 5th grader and who we are to ruin their fun of bullying people that have no chance of fighting back !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Because gankers are cowards who can't stand a fair fight and cover it up with the kind of bullshit bravado you started this thread with.
    Dude I ganked low levels so they would log on their mains because I wanted a real challenge.
    Sadly, not even their mains stood a chance, they ended up flaming me and my mother which fueled my desire for ganking even more.
    Nothing better than whiny alliance plebs

There's not much charm in being a general nuisance, which is what you are when you go around repeatedly ganking people. Most of these guys I've run into over the last decade just vanish once someone bigger than them shows up. You do you of course, but don't cry when people call you a cunt.

Here's cool world PvP:

- you and some other dude duke it out in some area, repeatedly killing each other in a struggle to get in the last word
    - your party and some other party start a vendetta resulting in a sort of micro-BG where you strategically fight it out, potentially even over long periods of time
    - your raid attacks a faction capital, and a defensive raid forms, trying to keep you from killing the faction leaders

Here's abysmal world PvP:

- you're leveling an alt, and at lvl 20 you get oneshot and /laughed at fifteen times by a 110
    - you're trying to get a WQ done, and a party of 5 Rogues follows you around ambushing you out of stealth whenever you try to finish a quest
    - you're doing a PvP quest solo, and a raid of 15 people is camping the area to kill anyone trying to do the quest

When people complain, it's rarely about FAIR PvP. It's about the degenerate situations that can come up in WPVP but not in normal, regulated PvP. Even people who really like WPVP, like Quin69, will quit if there's a raid hunting them across servers whenever they're trying to play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still remember a dude back in TBC that made me lose an evening because he prevented me from handing in a quest. Not even a game master could help me.
    Not everyone likes being punished and abused just because they want to play the game. World PvP time is over, and good riddance too.

I don't really see the point. Whole thing about max lvl players killing low lvl players with one hit is just plain stupid. max lvl player get nothing, low lvl player can't stand a chance and it's just wasted time for someone who were in middle of enjoyment his quest/story. It's sad that game is designed that way to begin with. Now if he corpse camping lowbie on purpose that just shows he is there just to waste more of your time.

Arguing about it won't make any difference, just log another char and try later or go to another zone. Always carry stack of invisibility potions with you so you can corpse ress, use potion, hide and hearthstone.

Flaming gankers will just make them feel better, loging main to revenge is just going to waste more of your time and remember:
    Don't hate the player, hate the game son

Mate, I'd been playing Neocron before WoW, it's a really PvP heavy game, the majority of people was playing it for its PvP, PvE was trash, and even there many people had the same "fuck gankers" mentality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Counterplay is what keeps it somewhat enjoyable. IMO, scale people a bit, and if they're wrecked many times--give 'em a buff or shard-swap 'em.

The Bounty situation is along those lines, so that's nice!
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    You can get everything without having War Mode on, do you want the extra % you have to take the risk for it. Simple as that.

The reason this got nothing to with what OP is talking about in this thread, is because it is between people around the same lvls, willingly putting it on to get a chance at better rewards, whereas OPs ganking is pretty much him and his buddies from his amazing cool sounding 'The Enclave' guild camping out a low level zone, thinking they are the shit.
    no you actually cant
    because world quests, and sources of war resources are limited.
    there is 10 world quests up at a time in a zone giving 100 rep each =1000 rep but with warmode 1150
    meaning if it takers 100 days of world quests to get exalted, it will take up to 15 days less.

so no, that is not how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Because it was part of the limitations back then. You wanted to be on a PvP server you just had to take your lumps and move on and people realized that there was nothing that could be done outside just making it through the ganking.

Now, however, Blizzard has tech that completely resolves the issue of lowbie/overgearing gankers and people are finally stating their relief with the situation. Something that once was seen as just something you had to live with now has a solution that was impossible back in the day. Of course people are going to be happy, the gankers are about to take it right up the pooper.

Though in all honesty, they will just go back to loading screen ganking at places like CoT entrance.
    #GarroshDidNothingWrong #TeamLightboundGarrosh
    #EXMVP

Deleted
    I don't kill players lower than 10 lvl me.

The rest?? Free honor. and quite a lot. If there was 1 honor or 0 for players lower lvl than you I would not bother. But how it is now I got like 7 honor for 1 kill command which is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? After all these years, it doesn't bother as much as it used to. Whenever anyone ganks me, even if it's a 110 but better geared, I just go "alright, come on, let's get this over with it, do your thing".

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Here's cool world PvP:

- you and some other dude duke it out in some area, repeatedly killing each other in a struggle to get in the last word
    - your party and some other party start a vendetta resulting in a sort of micro-BG where you strategically fight it out, potentially even over long periods of time
    - your raid attacks a faction capital, and a defensive raid forms, trying to keep you from killing the faction leaders

Here's abysmal world PvP:

- you're leveling an alt, and at lvl 20 you get oneshot and /laughed at fifteen times by a 110
    - you're trying to get a WQ done, and a party of 5 Rogues follows you around ambushing you out of stealth whenever you try to finish a quest
    - you're doing a PvP quest solo, and a raid of 15 people is camping the area to kill anyone trying to do the quest

When people complain, it's rarely about FAIR PvP. It's about the degenerate situations that can come up in WPVP but not in normal, regulated PvP. Even people who really like WPVP, like Quin69, will quit if there's a raid hunting them across servers whenever they're trying to play the game.
    Basically this , and i'm pretty sure OP is the 2nd kind of pvper .