Thread: Magni (Comic)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Pretty sure the planet itself, or rather, the Titan herself, can tell Magni. Like she has been speaking to him this whole time. He'd know if something was threatening her either by being told by the Titan herself, or the titan facility that exists to monitor Azeroth's gestation.
    The impression I got from the comic that Magni can only vaguely understand her. She foresaw that Sargeras would stick his big sword into her yet we didn't get to figure out what her words meant until it happened, and neither did Magni.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    The impression I got from the comic that Magni can only vaguely understand her. She foresaw that Sargeras would stick his big sword into her yet we didn't get to figure out what her words meant until it happened, and neither did Magni.
    "Talk ta me, lass. Tell me what's ailing ya'."
    *Magni finds out Azeroth is suffering from something above*
    *Magni goes to the surface and finds the Horde doing something that they shouldn't to the planet, something he knows would be affecting Azeroth.*

It's not hard to figure it out how it could play out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because what Azeroth told Magni was very vague, there's a few places on Azeroth that was described in what she was telling him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

"Talk ta me, lass. Tell me what's ailing ya'."
    *Magni finds out Azeroth is suffering from something above*
    *Magni goes to the surface and finds the Horde doing something that they shouldn't to the planet, something he knows would be affecting Azeroth.*

It's not hard to figure it out how it could play out.
    Who sets those boundaries lol. Azerite is popping everywhere anyway, this isn't like digging up an Old God's heart. If we are going with hypothetical scenarios, maybe Magni is wrong? Maybe he misinterpreted Azeroth's message? Maybe the message wasn't from Azeroth at all? It's clear that Magni doesn't have a clear communication with Azeroth, yet according to you he will instantly figure out that the Horde is responsible for something bad and his judgement will be faultless. I'm sorry, but I'm not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Because what Azeroth told Magni was very vague, there's a few places on Azeroth that was described in what she was telling him.
    What use is there for a Speaker if he doesn't know what to speak?
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

If we are going with hypothetical scenarios, maybe Magni is wrong? Maybe he misinterpreted Azeroth's message?
    If he's right or wrong, it's irrelevant. It's still him acting on the behalf of the planet, not on behalf of the Alliance. Him being wrong would not make him Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Magni speaks for Azeroth, he doesn't exactly speak to it, at least not explicitly. More, Magni can feel what the World-Soul herself feels, he's got a kind of trenchant bond with the World-Soul that enables to more or less know what its emotion state and tenor is. It can also show him things, such as visions, but their communication isn't a 1:1 exchange as it were. Azeroth's World-Soul is apparently still in the pre-vocal stages of Titan development.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account

Speaking with a World soul isn't like speaking with a regular person or "Mortal" as Magni puts it. As he describes her feelings are like a sun's rise etc etc.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    A pretty nice work, I'm actually suprised. Several of those panels have quite impressive backgrounds. Miles ahead of Jaina's own comic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

If he's right or wrong, it's irrelevant. It's still him acting on the behalf of the planet, not on behalf of the Alliance. Him being wrong would not make him Alliance.
    The game will put him at the side of the Alliance if it comes to that. He will not wage some one-dwarf war against the Horde, he will hand out quests for the Alliance players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Magni speaks for Azeroth, he doesn't exactly speak to it, at least not explicitly. More, Magni can feel what the World-Soul herself feels, he's got a kind of trenchant bond with the World-Soul that enables to more or less know what its emotion state and tenor is. It can also show him things, such as visions, but their communication isn't a 1:1 exchange as it were. Azeroth's World-Soul is apparently still in the pre-vocal stages of Titan development.
    But so far we didn't see anything special, did we? He called us to Sholazar Basin and all we got from that was some cryptic visions that neither us nor Magni could figure out the meaning of until it already happened. And on Argus he made us touch a stone, so basically we did the same thing as him. Are we all Speakers now? What I'm trying to say is that so far, Magni is at a loss. The way I see it he just can't figure out what to do and I expected more. Maybe we'll see more eventually but I'm kinda let down right now.

The game will put him at the side of the Alliance if it comes to that. He will not wage some one-dwarf war against the Horde, he will hand out quests for the Alliance players.
    Even then he would not be part of the Alliance. He would be helping the Alliance, but he wouldn't be part of the Alliance. You can help a group without becoming part of it. In this scenario, he would be helping the Alliance not because it's his faction, but because the Alliance winning would mean the Horde stops doing what is harming Azeroth.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2018-05-31 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    But so far we didn't see anything special, did we? He called us to Sholazar Basin and all we got from that was some cryptic visions that neither us nor Magni could figure out the meaning of until it already happened. And on Argus he made us touch a stone, so basically we did the same thing as him. Are we all Speakers now? What I'm trying to say is that so far, Magni is at a loss. The way I see it he just can't figure out what to do and I expected more. Maybe we'll see more eventually but I'm kinda let down right now.
    I think only Magni's presence allowed us to process the vision as we did - after all, the Broken there had been praying to and mooning over that stone since time out of mind, and they weren't aware of its importance or its connection to their own world. Magni is indeed at a loss - but he's the only one able to have the conversation with Azeroth, such as it, even if Azeroth's communication isn't altogether clear. He's also pretty new to the whole deal, so perhaps in time his ability to commune with Azeroth will improve.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

*Sees Sargeras*

...*Twitches*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

That's no oil-lamp.
    Oh i idnt even notice that. you're right.
    i was looking at the oil lamp on the right. (not in your pic)
    That's weird.
    Do we know if there was electricity in Ironforge then?
    For all we know they only had it in Gnomeregan and Kezan.

Deleted
    Interesting how multiple Alliance leaders have dead wives.

Night Elf leadership up next?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    Oh i idnt even notice that. you're right.
    i was looking at the oil lamp on the right. (not in your pic)
    That's weird.
    Do we know if there was electricity in Ironforge then?
    For all we know they only had it in Gnomeregan and Kezan.
    Ironforge has Tinkertown, and a boatload of Gnomes who need electric power for their devices, robotics, and engineering items (not too mention the Deeprun Tram's terminal). It's probably a gift from one of any of the grateful exiles of Gnomeregan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I don't see anything special in this lamp, given that majority of gnomish robots/machines had electrical lights since vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Ironforge has Tinkertown, and a boatload of Gnomes who need electric power for their devices, robotics, and engineering items (not too mention the Deeprun Tram's terminal). It's probably a gift from one of any of the grateful exiles of Gnomeregan.
    There was no major Gnome presence (or Tinkertown) by that time.

Muradin is still there, that means this predates the Third War, the Invasion of Gnomeregan happened during the Third war, Tinkertown came into existance between the Third War and WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I don't see anything special in this lamp, given that majority of gnomish robots/machines had electrical lights since vanilla.
    Honestly? It's ordinary nature makes it stand out, it looks like an object just out of real life, however something you usually associate with modern civilization.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    There was no major Gnome presence (or Tinkertown) by that time.

Muradin is still there, that means this predates the Third War, the Invasion of Gnomeregan happened during the Third war, Tinkertown came into existance between the Third War and WoW.
    It may just have been a gift from the Gnomes, then - Ironforge and Gnomeregan enjoyed a close relationship (as well as proximity) well before Tinkertown became a thing. Given the Dwarven interest in engineering and its parallels with the Gnomes' more advanced technology it isn't strange to think little bits of tech like that wouldn't be necessarily uncommon in Ironforge.

Even then he would not be part of the Alliance. He would be helping the Alliance, but he wouldn't be part of the Alliance. You can help a group without becoming part of it. In this scenario, he would be helping the Alliance not because it's his faction, but because the Alliance winning would mean the Horde stops doing what is harming Azeroth.
    Yeah, that's what Kirin Tor did. You know what happened a few patches later? They joined the Alliance. I will reiterate:
    I don't think that makes as much a difference as you think it does.
    Even if it goes the way you explained us, when would such an arrangement end? Will Magni "help" the Alliance until the Horde is destroyed?

You know what, I would be fine with Magni helping the Alliance. Provided that nobody whines about how Magni was "betrayed" by the Horde when Sylvanas decides that he's fair game.

You're implying that Magni would break his neutrality to fight for his daughter if she asked him. In the past, I have no doubt he would, but now? He is beyond that, with other, more pressing responsibilities.
    This I really doubt especially after he leaves ironforge he tells her he wants to be closer to her again, I doubt he would really sit it out if his daughter is in any real danger.

Again, by 'neutral', I mean that he does not belong to either faction, not that 'he will not fight against any faction'.
    And I can't see him abandoning his daughter or people if push comes to shove. He has too many regrets for that. They might not be as high on his priority list anymore, but letting go of them entirely? Doubtful.