Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Citation required.
    We are literally discussing the arrest in this thread. Now, you may not be British, so I meant the British government.

Ah Alex Jones, let see
    1. Michelle Obama is a man
    2. The movie Machette is the opening shot of a race war between mexicans and americans
    3. Lady Gaga performed a satanic ritual during the super bowl
    4. The pentagon has a gay bomb (a fabulous one ofc)
    5. Sandy Hook was a hoax.

Yeah this guy is a class A nutter and should be locked up in a padded room somewhere and be muzzled.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We are literally discussing the arrest in this thread. Now, you may not be British, so I meant the British government.
    Do you not arrested if you are in contempt of court in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Contempt of Court in the US is different i believe.

However for people saying he deserved it for doing what he did, if you actually WATCH the stream he was running, he said NOTHING illegal. He was being a REPORTER. It does not matter that he got charged a year ago for doing something else wrong, they arrested him on the assumption that he was going to do something wrong. The charge does not mean he has to suddenly by law shut his mouth and never report on issues again.

In fact, it came out today at an appeal that the Judge that sentenced him to 13 months in jail did not even look at the video of the stream. he jailed him immediately without even reviewing the evidence. (The Judge himself said he did not watch more than a minute or so of the stream).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post

However for people saying he deserved it for doing what he did, if you actually WATCH the stream he was running, he said NOTHING illegal. He was being a REPORTER. It does not matter that he got charged a year ago for doing something else wrong, they arrested him on the assumption that he was going to do something wrong. The charge does not mean he has to suddenly by law shut his mouth and never report on issues again.

In fact, it came out today at an appeal that the Judge that sentenced him to 13 months in jail did not even look at the video of the stream. he jailed him immediately without even reviewing the evidence. (The Judge himself said he did not watch more than a minute or so of the stream).
    You've answered it yourself and not even realized your error.

He was arrested FOR reporting on a court case in which a reporting ban was in effect! There was still proceedings to occur in October for the same case. He'd already been done a year ago for the same crime and received a suspended sentence for. He did PLEAD guilty you know, innocent people don't generally do that.

He deserves the sentence given to him, do the crime, do the time etc etc.

Yeah, you see the problem with your assertion that he said NOTHING illegal is that he admitted to doing and saying SOMETHING illegal. He was not only charged with doing something wrong last year he was convicted of doing something wrong and received a suspended sentence for it. So when he goes and does the very same thing wrong whilst still having the suspended hanging over him for doing something wrong it very much matters. What they arrested him for is irrelevant.

Completely irrelevant. Robinson admitted the charge and pleaded guilty. Oh and to add, to date, there was no appeal. You're on a roll.

- - - Updated - - -

Once again, for those who are actually interested in what happened and why please read this blog; https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/...ommy-robinson/
    Last edited by Pann; 2018-05-31 at 02:15 PM.

The issue is WHY someone is found to be in contempt of court. Now, I would hope you are not a complete moron, and would understand that. We shall see.

The issue is WHY someone is found to be in contempt of court. Now, I would hope you are not a complete moron, and would understand that. We shall see.
    Haha. Why not answer the question?

Here's another for you dodge. Is it possible in America to held in contempt of court for exercising your free speech rights even though they are the bestest, best free speech rights in the whole wide world?

Haha. Why not answer the question?

Here's another for you dodge. Is it possible in America to held in contempt of court for exercising your free speech rights even though they are the bestest, best free speech rights in the whole wide world?
    It's not a dodge, contempt of court does exist, I never said it didn't. The reasoning behind the contempt of court, is to stifle speech...

I guess I overestimated your ability to understand such simple things. I won't make that mistake, again. Enjoy your authoritarianism.

The issue is WHY someone is found to be in contempt of court
    https://thesecretbarrister.com/2018/...ommy-robinson/
    read and educate yourself on the english & welsh legal system, instead of continuing to type confused rubbish

It's not a dodge, contempt of court does exist, I never said it didn't. The reasoning behind the contempt of court, is to stifle speech...

I guess I overestimated your ability to understand such simple things. I won't make that mistake, again. Enjoy your authoritarianism.
    This is comedy gold! The reasoning behind contempt of court is to ensure that a court can carry out its duty. Claiming that it is stifle speech does not make it true no matter how may times you say it and repeating the same moronic claim only serves to highlight that you are incapable of learning from your mistake, despite many people pointing how and why you are wrong.

Oh, and one last thing. You're not one of those people that believe that they are only bound by statue laws if they consent to being bound by them? Are you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    read and educate yourself on the english & welsh legal system, instead of continuing to type confused rubbish
    I've linked that three times already.

I've read it, and it's still an attempt by the courts to stifle free speech and free expression. Just because authoritarians try to justify it, doesn't change what happened.

I know, i'm hoping that the 4th time will be the charm

or not
    I've read it, and it's still an attempt by the courts to stifle free speech and free expression
    so you didn't read it then, well done

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Only people who want to live in a totalitarian state don't see anything wrong with Tommy's arrest.
    Only people with zero understanding of the situation would make a statement like this.

This is comedy gold! The reasoning behind contempt of court is to ensure that a court can carry out its duty. Claiming that it is stifle speech does not make it true no matter how may times you say it and repeating the same moronic claim only serves to highlight that you are incapable of learning from your mistake, despite many people pointing how and why you are wrong.

Oh, and one last thing. You're not one of those people that believe that they are only bound by statue laws if they consent to being bound by them? Are you?

- - - Updated - - -

And the use in this case was to stifle freedom of speech. It's the decision to restrict speech by using contempt of court charges that I oppose. He was in public, in a public space, filming. Period.

No, I'm not one of those people.

- - - Updated - - -

or not

I simply disagree with the blogger. Is that a difficult concept to grasp?

or not

Reading and understanding are two completely different things.

- - - Updated - - -

And the use in this case was to stifle freedom of speech. It's the decision to restrict speech by using contempt of court charges that I oppose. He was in public, in a public space, filming. Period.

No, I'm not one of those people.
    It wasn't. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat this it will still be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem here is that the person who wrote that blog is an experienced and well regarded barrister, in short an expert. Whereas you are not.

Reading and understanding are two completely different things.

- - - Updated - - -

It wasn't. It doesn't matter how many times you repeat this it will still be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem here is that the person who wrote that blog is an experienced and well regarded barrister, in short an expert. Whereas you are not.
    So, his speech wasn't stifled? Bullshit.

I can disagree with a blogger, good for me. The courts decided to stifle speech and the press. Once again, that should not be in question. Now, if you want to justify the stifling of the press and speech, be my guest. But, don't try and push the bullshit narrative that speech wasn't being restricted.

random mmo account with zero experience of english & welsh law disagrees with trained barrister on an aspect of english & welsh law

well that is a pretty accurate reflection of society currently, I guess

random mmo account with zero experience of english & welsh law the law disagrees with a trained barrister on an aspect of english & welsh law

well that pretty accurately sums up society currently, I guess
    I agree that they placed him in contempt of court. I'm merely saying his speech was stifled. After all, he was arrested for it... k thanks.

I agree that they placed him in contempt of court
    took you long enough to agree with the rest of the thread, well done
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2018-05-31 at 04:51 PM.