Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol Scratch View Post
    Rey managed to out telekinesis Kylo Ren at the end of the first movie. A guy who could literally stop a fucking blaster bolt in midair with his telekinesis, who trained for years under both Luke and Snoke, and has decades of practice and experience at it. Again: HE STOPPED A FUCKING BLASTER BOLT.

That's not "getting a hunch" about how to aim slightly better, or getting lucky by unintentionally blowing up a small platform. She went fucking toe-to-toe with what is arguably the most powerful and trained force user in the galaxy and kicked his ass at his own specialty.

Not only that, but she also performed numerous other high-skill force powers just by wishful thinking. "Teehee, I heard Jedi could do mind tricks, so let me try! Aww shucks, it didn't work. Hold on, let me try a SECOND time. OMG, I did it, I'm so speshul! (In that Olympic sort of way.)"

There was also no reason whatsoever to expect that she had ANY real piloting experience, being a homeless beggar and scavenger who barely cobbled together a land skimmer. Yet, BOOM! She says she's an ace pilot who could not only pilot a quad jumper, but also the Millenium Falcon. Not only pulling off maneuvers that make the -- again, highly trained -- ace pilots look like chumps, but she does it while being both the pilot AND co-pilot simultaneously.

As opposed to, you know, getting lucky with a single shot at something about the same size as what he shot at all the time as a kid.

And that's all just the tip of the iceberg with this ridiculously written character.

So yeah, it's a real mystery why she's considered a Mary Sue. Her gender doesn't have shit to do with it, despite your feeble and pathetic attempts to suggest otherwise.
    The dark side of the force works on honing your emotions, kylo is comply conflicted after killing Han making that not possible. The light side of the force works ok staying calm and collected, kylo isn’t that. Of corse she out force pulled him.

She also beat him while injured and while he was bleeding out as we can see his blood on the snow. The only thing rey really does out of the realm of belief is the mind trick as even luke force pulled his saber with zero training in empire.

While not shown in the movie rey has atleast some sort of flight training from sims. You also have to keep in mind that every thing gets upped in its effect to make it look more impressive unless you think young obiwan and aniken were better saber fighters then old obiwan and Vader just because there fight was flashier.

I personally didn't notice any social justice pandering when I watched it, mostly because I am too preoccupied with watching the movie rather than constantly be on alert for things that may or may not be pandering to a select demographic.

Or maybe I noticed and just didn't give a shit because I was more interested in whether the movies were good, which they were, not amazing but good enough to justify the price of the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Further leading to more SJW nonsense. Hi, I'm a minority janitor, I can stand toe-to-toe with a Sith...

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing you think I give a shit.

Orrrrrr because Kylo was having a rage fit and couldnt see clearly. It took a bowcaster shot, an emo fit, and various other things to happen to kylo for rey to even stand a chance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Even injured jedi would be able to defeat Rey in 2-3 strikes. She had lightsaber in hands like for 2nd time ever!

Shes classic Mary sue. Exact definition of it
    Kylo isn’t a Jedi a Jedi would have Proabbly some a lot better as they are trained since childhood to keep control.

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    Yeah I too was surprised that they made every character wear this t-shirt on screen in TLJ. /s

Seriously it's just some fans having fun, lighten up.

If you're serious about "reversing the genders," go all the way with it and make all the male heroes in the history of sci-fi/fantasy female, and all the damsels male. Then you can see why this t-shirt might be fun to a few female fans. And seriously, who do you think this is hurting?
    Those aren't just "some fans" that's Kathleen Kennedy plus the heads of a convention who could be considered some fans however Kennedy is the head of lucasfilm now.

Also in no way is Luke comparable to Rey. You could maybe compare what he did over the entire trilogy with actual on screen training that is estimated to have lasted at least a month to what Rey does over less than a day including mind tricks, turning back a mind probe, using force pull, fighting kylo to a standstill and then straight up starting to win when she "embraced the force".

They are bad movies full of plot holes and pushing Rey over all other characters. The original trilogy was much more even handed with Leia, Han, and Luke all playing the staring role at one time or another.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direpenguin View Post
    Further leading to more SJW nonsense. Hi, I'm a minority janitor, I can stand toe-to-toe with a Sith...

- - - Updated - - -

It's amazing you think I give a shit.
    If you want to ignore the context of the fight go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The 'free the animals and let them cause billions of dollars of damage' scene was pretty political and unnecessary.
    Yeah, I also found this to be over the top. The animals were even given human-like faces so we could empathize more with them. I felt like this scene was really trying to push a rather simplistic message before providing entertainment, and that message had no nuance. The attempt at audience manipulation was a bit off-putting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Kylo isn’t a Jedi a Jedi would have Proabbly some a lot better as they are trained since childhood to keep control.
    Ok. Even Jedi PADAWAN would be able to defeat Rey if she wasnt Mary Sue. (Ashoka Tano for example)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It's a leitmotiv. Starwars, that franchise that brought ''artistic integrity'' to its pinnacle, sucks now because ''it's SJW''

So while the debate will be likely circular...

A)Please give an example of something you find ''pandering'' or ''political''
    B)Explain how this is a change from the three originals or the old Extended Universe

(I must say in advance that arguments about how its unfair that space wizard monks are overpower and much better than anyone else are kinda irrelevant, as, yes, the franchise made abundantly clear that the said space wizard monks always win against the Muggles, whatever bright technicolor tint their skin is, the presence of tentacles on their heads or not, or the lack of penises)
    Why do they call them SJW instead of SJ Rogues or SJ Knights? Because Warriors have less intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    If you want to ignore the context of the fight go ahead.
    I sorta get where they are coming from tbh. If you ignore everything that is going on at the time, it all makes sense >.>

Forced diversity for the absolute sake of it, simply put, sucks.

Anti-SJWs are retards and often bigger SJWs (for their own causes) than the actual SWJs...

Who the hell cares what they think? Let them bitch and moan, their kind's been around at every turn when there's been changes in society to become more inclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Like the Vietnamese girl who came out of a toilet to save the day and then suicided in an totally unnecessary wannabe heroic moment.
    The definition of a token character.
    As opposed as the A-Wing pilot who destroy a gigantic 18km long ship.

Ok. Even Jedi PADAWAN would be able to defeat Rey if she wasnt Mary Sue. (Ashoka Tano for example)
    This is possibly one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen posted in a nerd thread.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by Mayia View Post
    Oh and one major thing about why fans are pretty hostile (Please note i've made two previous posts already)

Disney COULD HAVE, WOULD HAVE - made as much if not more money converting either, the Thrawn books into a series or the Swtor story into a series there was no reason to rehash episode 4 and most importantly turn up their noses at Lucas's ideas and scripts.

Here Disney were taking a mutli-million dollar series from Lucas promising him they'd do it "for the fans" but they were arrogant enough to think they could do better and clearly They couldn't but they doubled down on it, calling fans sexist/racist/whateverist - with the last jedi around 50% of fans really don't like the film now if the fans are rabbid sexist nazi youth or not Disney has failed them by not making films for the fans as promised and if the fans were always sexist/racist whateverist's than Disney should've just pandered to them for money.

But Disney didn't they injected Sjw politics into the movies before like Marvel and DC comics the loudest voices are activists who speak on behalf on somebody else and are normally white heroes trying to bury their own racist/sexist thoughts by calling somebody else those things. and they are bombing and losing money!
    the way they are acting on social media blaming fans rather than looking at their own movie and trying to understand what went wrong is 100% the playbook of social justice its too hard to be wrong and consider why they flushed away millions of dollars trying to undermine the first six films.

Lucas wasn't perfect we saw that with episode 1 when nobody pulled the reins back he went too far but he always went forward towards new ideas the reason social justice always ruins things is because they are creatively bankrupt they can only rip off or remake.

Episode 7 = 4, Episode 8 parts of 5, i'm not holding my breath for 9, and well Solo is so low from what i hear, even with mother of dragons.

(I replied twice before this to cover more points btw)
    Very good point. They could have make the Thrawn books into movies. Question : who would have play Luke, Han and Leia ?

This is not considering that a key plot point of the trilogy (Spaarti cloning cylinders) contradicts the Clone Wars.

7+ Year Old Account
    I’m not disagreeing with that ashoka would wreck rey, but Proabbly loss to kylo if he was fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I sorta get where they are coming from tbh. If you ignore everything that is going on at the time, it all makes sense >.>
    I’d guess people have watched enouth videos hating on the movies that they wipe all context from there minds so there unhindered in there goal to complain.

I know logic is not the forte of some people, but why exactly people who cry ''They are making the vilains all white male'' are crying too when the new movies make a considerable effort to have black, asian, and female Imperials ?

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    Anti-SJWs are retards and often bigger SJWs (for their own causes) than the actual SWJs...

Who the hell cares what they think? Let them bitch and moan, their kind's been around at every turn when there's been changes in society to become more inclusive.
    A whole lot of hypocritical contractions there.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-05-31 at 02:46 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Forced diversity for the absolute sake of it, simply put, sucks.
    Disney wants to change the world and think they can do it only with movies and TV as usual. Not helping but instead drawing out debate into being decades long, multi-generational and meanwhile laughing all the way to the bank.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    This is possibly one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen posted in a nerd thread.
    Why? Do you think Ashoka couldn’t take rey?