BFA Balance - Glyph of Stars?

I haven't followed all the details of late. Do we know yet whether Glyph of Stars will be available for those of us who like our balance druids starry?

(This is not an expression of laser chicken hatred. Everybody should have as much, or as little, laser chicken action as they wish. )

What would even give you the idea that blizz is going to remove that glyph? If anything it needs a visual update already. The falling stars look horrendous.

I've been around WoW since launch day, and have seen things come and go. I have no reason to expect it being removed, but I figure it's better to get info than assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moonkin4L

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombria View Post
    I've been around WoW since launch day, and have seen things come and go. I have no reason to expect it being removed, but I figure it's better to get info than assume.
    No it hasn't haha

But it hasn't been removed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    No it hasn't haha

But it hasn't been removed
    They said they've been around since launch day, not the glyph
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    They said they've been around since launch day, not the glyph

Oh I see haha

Chances of it ever being removed are very very slim. Its not hurting anyone or causing any issues.

If anything there might be scope for it to be expanded upon with the new formification available in BfA with bear/cat forms still having access to artifact appearances.

On the flip side, the BotA cosmetic yellow and blue HAVE been removed.

Hopefully glyphs are available for those. And a yellow human version too

Well it still exists in the Beta Database; they usually repurpose removed glyphs as new ones or they flat out turn them into useless gray items, so it's still available.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

why in the hell would you want that horrendous glyph. And along side with that the terrible nature balance yellow and blue. I guess i could understand the glyph so you can show your mog off etc. But there isnt any excuse for the hideous look of the nature balance colors.

Nothing like the good old space chicken. And now with the zandalari trolls new boomie form being so so so good. And what the boomie community has wanted for ages, putting a color shade on that would be disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotles View Post
    why in the hell would you want that horrendous glyph. And along side with that the terrible nature balance yellow and blue. I guess i could understand the glyph so you can show your mog off etc. But there isnt any excuse for the hideous look of the nature balance colors.

Nothing like the good old space chicken. And now with the zandalari trolls new boomie form being so so so good. And what the boomie community has wanted for ages, putting a color shade on that would be disrespectful.
    Oh yes because being a gigantic chicken is so much better. It's also objectively better mechanically unless you're a Tauren/HMT because your normal race shows your hitbox off a bit better which a single yard can be the different between life and death.

Subjectivity over visuals is one thing, but one is mechanically superior to the other.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Oh yes because being a gigantic chicken is so much better. It's also objectively better mechanically unless you're a Tauren/HMT because your normal race shows your hitbox off a bit better which a single yard can be the different between life and death.

Subjectivity over visuals is one thing, but one is mechanically superior to the other.
    I play a boomkin to BE a boomkin... if i wanted to be a dot class with no space chicken id be a affliction lock. And its not that hard to stand within 45 yards of a boss.

I play a boomkin to BE a boomkin... if i wanted to be a dot class with no space chicken id be a affliction lock. And its not that hard to stand within 45 yards of a boss.
    The Space Chicken form has the worst animations ever seen in a video game, including 1980 video games.

I know for sure I'll never be able to play a Boomkin if they removed this Glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by wing5wong View Post
    On the flip side, the BotA cosmetic yellow and blue HAVE been removed.

Hopefully glyphs are available for those. And a yellow human version too
    Thank goodness for that. I don't use the glyph personally because the glow interferes with seeing the weapon models clearly. It's so annoying having to choose a subpar talent if you don't want any annoying glows.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    Simply not a new expansion without a boomy rework.

is there anyway to not use Glyph of Stars OR be a chicken? Can you just be your regular character model so you can actually see your transmog...I don't understand the reasoning in not having THIS as an option, if it doesn't already exist.
    Last edited by Herrm; 2018-08-10 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Herrm View Post
    is there anyway to not use Glyph of Stars OR be a chicken? Can you just be your regular character model so you can actually see your transmog...I don't understand the reasoning in not having THIS as an option, if it doesn't already exist.
    Only through third party programs like tMorph and other programs. Blizzard hasn't banned anyone for this in a very long time and top pvp players are using it again. Bit ridiculous, but that's Blizzard for you.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

I think balance is more fun than affliction, but I think the moonkin form is one of the ugliest things in the game and I don't want my character looking like that.

People have different taste and I hope they add more visual glyphs for balance druids. (for everyone really, options are fun)

Quote Originally Posted by Herrm View Post
    I think the same reason you can't be Cat/Bear without the use of a toy.

Your options are:
    - Moonkin
    - Smurf
    - The plethora of toys at your disposal

Reminder for 8.1(?) that Zandalari have a different Moonkin Form, which means Kul'Tiran likely will as well (I don't remember seeing one yet).