Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I imagine for the mag'har the priest specs will be in the reverse social positions to what they usually are on Azeroth- shadow priests from the Shadowmoon Clan as the public norm while holy priests practice their faith in secret. Of course once they arrive on Azeroth things might be different and I can imagine some light-worshipping Mag'har "coming out" and making common ground with light-worshipping Horde members like the Blood Elves, though probably at the expense of being shunned by their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildstars View Post
    Orcs paladins? You people don't know what you asking for...

If its become a thing I'm gonna use Blizzard's Chronicles Volumes as toilet paper.
    If Void Elves didn't make you want to do that, Orc Paladins shouldn't. lol

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharivor View Post
    I imagine for the mag'har the priest specs will be in the reverse social positions to what they usually are on Azeroth- shadow priests from the Shadowmoon Clan as the public norm while holy priests practice their faith in secret. Of course once they arrive on Azeroth things might be different and I can imagine some light-worshipping Mag'har "coming out" and making common ground with light-worshipping Horde members like the Blood Elves, though probably at the expense of being shunned by their own.
    Very unlikely to see an Mag'har worshipping the Light, dude (nor the Void). They are very traditional, and are in touch with their Ancestors, which is probably the target of their Faith (granting Holy and Shadow magicks).

Also, they are sworn enemies of the Lightbound and AU Draenei, who worship the Light and the Naaru.

Mag'har Priests will be similar to Troll Priests - their Faith in the Loa grants power to cast Holy and Shadow. Instead of Loa, they have Ancestors. It could also be by pure Willpower - "Our Will is Legend!", similar to Goblins.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Very unlikely to see an Mag'har worshipping the Light, dude (nor the Void). They are very traditional, and are in touch with their Ancestors, which is probably the target of their Faith (granting Holy and Shadow magicks).

Also, they are sworn enemies of the Lightbound and AU Draenei, who worship the Light and the Naaru.

Mag'har Priests will be similar to Troll Priests - their Faith in the Loa grants power to cast Holy and Shadow. Instead of Loa, they have Ancestors. It could also be by pure Willpower - "Our Will is Legend!", similar to Goblins.
    Given the lack of evidence of anything in the MU resembling a priesthood for Orc ancestor worship aside from the shaman, I would be hesitant to assume this. Though if this the case then yes it would make a great deal of sense, especially considering the relationship between the orc ancestors and the light at Oshugun.

I do agree the Maghar are highly unlikely to follow the light, though I disagree about the Void- we literally see it everywhere in WoD and it's entirely plausable that even after Kara has been purified the Shadowmoon continue practicing a more moderate form of shadow magic. Indeed I would imagine the Shadowmoon are the whole reason Maghar are getting priests at all, hence the difficulty we're having in find decent lore for their holy spec.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given the lack of evidence of anything in the MU resembling a priesthood for Orc ancestor worship aside from the shaman, I would be hesitant to assume this. Though if this the case then yes it would make a great deal of sense, especially considering the relationship between the orc ancestors and the light at Oshugun.

I do agree the Maghar are highly unlikely to follow the light, though I disagree about the Void- we literally see it everywhere in WoD and it's entirely plausable that even after Kara has been purified the Shadowmoon continue practicing a more moderate form of shadow magic. Indeed I would imagine the Shadowmoon are the whole reason Maghar are getting priests at all, hence the difficulty we're having in find decent lore for their holy spec.
    You see, Mag'har using Void Magic? Entirelly possible. But Void Worshipping? After Ner'zhul's demise and with his ex-mate living with the exiles? I don't think so. But as yourself said, with moderation, Shadow Magic is a very efficient tool, especially with the Lightbound at their door. I'm only assuming that Ancestral Worship is the way of the Mag'har Priest because it's the most likely answer for being a Priest of the United Clans in that world... that, and the utility of Holy and Shadow control against Holy Zealots, or how a powerful healer/purifier against Fel Corruption is also a good idea.

We need to see Blizzard's explanation for this stuff. I know that the 35 years timeskip is a lame excuse for lore differences, but it's what we are getting. I just want to point out the differences between:

Light worship (Stormwind Priests)
    Light zealotry (Lightbound Crusaders)
    Holy Magic users (Troll Priests)
    Void worship (Cult of the Forgotten Shadows? They preach the balance tho)
    Void zealotry (Twilight Hammer's cultists, Pale Orcs)
    Shadow Magic users (Orc Necrolyte)

I think that the Mag'har Priest will be Holy/Shadow magic users, who, like almost all playable priests, have faith in something - in their case, it can be the Ancestors, the Holy Light of Creation, the Elements of Draenor (much more likely to be Shamans imo), the Stars and mysterious divine beings, or simply brute will (like Goblins).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If Void Elves didn't make you want to do that, Orc Paladins shouldn't. lol
    VELF is asspull. Orc paladin is heresy like Gnome Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    You see, Mag'har using Void Magic? Entirelly possible. But Void Worshipping? After Ner'zhul's demise and with his ex-mate living with the exiles? I don't think so. But as yourself said, with moderation, Shadow Magic is a very efficient tool, especially with the Lightbound at their door. I'm only assuming that Ancestral Worship is the way of the Mag'har Priest because it's the most likely answer for being a Priest of the United Clans in that world... that, and the utility of Holy and Shadow control against Holy Zealots, or how a powerful healer/purifier against Fel Corruption is also a good idea.

We need to see Blizzard's explanation for this stuff. I know that the 35 years timeskip is a lame excuse for lore differences, but it's what we are getting. I just want to point out the differences between:

Light worship (Stormwind Priests)
    Light zealotry (Lightbound Crusaders)
    Holy Magic users (Troll Priests)
    Void worship (Cult of the Forgotten Shadows? They preach the balance tho)
    Void zealotry (Twilight Hammer's cultists, Pale Orcs)
    Shadow Magic users (Orc Necrolyte)

I think that the Mag'har Priest will be Holy/Shadow magic users, who, like almost all playable priests, have faith in something - in their case, it can be the Ancestors, the Holy Light of Creation, the Elements of Draenor (much more likely to be Shamans imo), the Stars and mysterious divine beings, or simply brute will (like Goblins).
    Actually they very much did worship the Void in WoD- there's a draenor clans archeology artefact that states as much and several shadowmoon mobs shout about serving or kneeling before the Void. Obviously this would have been moderated a bit after the reunion with the Exiles but considering the latter were always a minority it's unlikely Void worship would have been banned outright- most of the clan was elbows deep in this stuff. And if we look at Azeroth parallels like the Forsaken we can see it's perfectly possibly to honour and worship the Shadow while still stopping short of become a void-crazed cultist.

But yes overall you're probobly right that we'll have to just wait and see. I would just be suprised if after all of the focus the void-worshipping shadowmoon got in WoD they were completly left out of the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorish View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/uUNM5Ak

AVE XE'RA!
    LUX LO VULT!
    Well, LF spacegoats are warmongers, at this point they prob know nothing but war, so what else did you expect?

In this regard they may be similar to orcs, those grow tired of peaceful times as well. When AU Mag'har found out that there's a large-scale war in MU, they're quite happy/enthusiastic about it
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-06-01 at 12:53 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually they very much did worship the Void in WoD- there's a draenor clans archeology artefact that states as much and several shadowmoon mobs shout about serving or kneeling before the Void. Obviously this would have been moderated a bit after the reunion with the Exiles but considering the latter were always a minority it's unlikely Void worship would have been banned outright- most of the clan was elbows deep in this stuff. And if we look at Azeroth parallels like the Forsaken we can see it's perfectly possibly to honour and worship the Shadow while still stopping short of become a void-crazed cultist.

But yes overall you're probobly right that we'll have to just wait and see. I would just be suprised if after all of the focus the void-worshipping shadowmoon got in WoD they were completly left out of the narrative.
    Oh sorry, I expressed myself badly. I am aware of the Shadowmoon worshipping the Void when we went there to defeat the Iron Horde - I just think that such tradition would become forbidden again after Ner'zhul's defeat. And you are right about the Cracked Ivory Idol - they did worship the Void in the ancient past, before it became forbidden. It's just a question of how will Blizzard deal with this culture in that advanced timeline.

Lol now a Tauren or Pandaren Demon Hunter would be hilarious to see gliding.

Anyone can wield the light, being a paladin is really nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    orc priests are pretty much like trolls and taurens priests, they don't worship or follow the light, they have faith in the spirits and their ancestors, this grant their holy powers

those kind of priests exist even in our timeline, with the MU shadowmoon clan, its nothing new

not everyone dabbling with light powers is a light follower
    You could also make the assertion that some Orcs and Trolls were introduced to "religion" while in the internment camps, also giving them a reason or exposure to be Priests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    May have wondered this before, but since newer information came out about upcoming events, it seemed a way to talk about it more.

So the information we have about mag'har orcs joining the horde is this.

Spoilers:

We're sent to AU draenor to recruit draenor orcs to join the horde. When arrive there its 30 years after the events of warlords of draenor, and in this alternative timeline (which would be in line with the current azeroth timeline, just in an alternative reality), the draenei lead by Yrel have used the light to bring orcs into their rule, either by choice or by force, making the orcs under their rule able to summon the light.

With durotan having lead a resistance against these draenei and their use of force to convert orcs to their fold, he was killed, and his daughter Geya'rah took over, leading the resistance. These are the orcs we bring into the current horde on azeroth, and guessing several of them (orc priests) were once shadowmoon orcs who the light forge draenei (Yrel's order) forced to follow the light, but joined Geya'rah's resistance and left to join the horde on azeroth.

This is a bit muddled considering, since this does actually give canon reason for these orcs to use holy magic, orc course like with a lot of upcoming allied races, having an orc like this, who was made a slave to the light by the light forged draenei, to now using that power against the alliance (but not before leveling to 100 and joining the priest order to help MU velen and other draenei who said orc should hate at this stage).

But, despite how muddled it all is, having orcs with holy magic (and shadow magic since they would have been shadowmoon orcs originally) does have at least some canon to it, more so then holy forsaken.

I'm so making a mag'har disc priest.
    I'm surprised we didn't have orc priest before considering Oshugun became a meddling pot for orcs I bet if the Dreanai came forth when the orcs took it as a holy place the outcome would've been different for our Dreanor.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    you realize the draenei on azeroth would probably be disgusted at what the lightbound are doing on AU draenor?

And given how the story is progressing along suggesting the narru aren't as good as people thought they were, this seems the foreshadowing of that.
    actually they are not https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/s...23028154880000 . Alliance will be the bad guys this expansion 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Anyone can wield the light, being a paladin is really nothing special.
    ^Sir Zeliek agrees......even if it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    ^Sir Zeliek agrees......even if it hurts.
    On second thought anyone bar void elves, they might explode channeling it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    actually they are not https://twitter.com/TheRedShirtGuy/s...23028154880000 . Alliance will be the bad guys this expansion 100%
    It makes sense that the Lightforged would be more comfortable in war than their fellow Draenei, having fought against the Legion since time out of mind (accounting for the time dilation of the Nether itself as well). War is quite literally all they've known, after all.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    So I'm probably gonna have to kill T'partoos at some point.... ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    So I'm probably gonna have to kill T'partoos at some point.... ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81nXFOypdU4
    Somehow I don't think T'paartos and the Sethrak are going to get along in BfA. Hopefully he avoids Vol'dun.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead