Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    she was under arrest and trying to flee, of course she deserved it. it doesn't matter if she was kind of pinned, she wasn't yet subdued and still struggling like mad.

Punching is not the same as restraining. If a grown male cop can't restrain a teenage girl he needs to find a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Punching is not the same as restraining. If a grown male cop can't restrain a teenage girl he needs to find a new job.
    pain compliance, you resist, the cop has to do something to convince you to stop.

pain compliance, you resist, the cop has to do something to convince you to stop.
    Yeah like punch, choke and shoot people right?

Stop excusing every action just because they are officers.

Quote Originally Posted by Denning View Post
    You do realise that all of those clips in that video are different to the situation in this case right?
    still shows what people would call excessive force and start yelling at cops for. every one of those situations, if they happened in the USA, someone would have started mocking the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    The Police body cam shows she didn't do very much if anything to warrant such behaviour. They decided to arrest her without breaking any law, and didn't even inform her of arrest, just said they are cuffing her.
    none of what you said was true, she was in possession of alcohol at the beach, she ran after he told his partner to get his cuffs out, she clearly knew she was being arrested.

Yeah like punch, choke and shoot people right?

Stop excusing every action just because they are officers.
    she was neither shot nor choked.
    Last edited by zhero; 2018-06-01 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If cops can’t restrain a suspect without punching them, there’s a serious issue here. They’re supposed to be trained to deal with people who resist.
    the serious issue is that she was still resisting, you've clearly never tried to restrain someone. its easy as hell to try and squirm away if the person restraining you isn't allowed to hurt you even the slightest.

still shows what people would call excessive force and start yelling at cops for. every one of those situations, if they happened in the USA, someone would have started mocking the cops.

none of what you said was true, she was in possession of alcohol at the beach, she ran after he told his partner to get his cuffs out, she clearly knew she was being arrested.

she was neither shot nor choked.
    I was speaking in general. If she was shot or choked it would be the same story of resisting, right?

- - - Updated - - -

the serious issue is that she was still resisting, you've clearly never tried to restrain someone. its easy as hell to try and squirm away if the person restraining you isn't allowed to hurt you even the slightest.
    That's why your given handcuffs and can call for backup? Since he was not strong enough to handle a teenage girl?

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Are you kidding me? Did you even watch the Police Body Camera? Saying "Get the cuffs out" is NOT arresting someone. Last time I checked, you have to actually say "You are under arrest", that is kind of the key rule in law enforcement regardless of country.
    God help the girl for being a bit scared for being arrested for not actually doing anything, and trying to move away because she was terrified (and oh man, asking her bf for help because she was being threatened with physical violence, I mean, what a terrible criminal she is).

Also the alcohol she stated belonged to her aunt who was on her way. That is a perfectly reasonable explanation when she passed a breathalyser test. Nothing of anything you said has any basis in reality or the facts shown here.

Sorry mate, you're a joke. Just making up whatever crap and shifting facts to fit your way of thinking. Don't bother replying, am done with such a moronic way of thinking.
    no, officers do not have to say "you are under arrest" unless you have something that says otherwise.

breathalyzer only shows she didn't drink anything. her aunt is not a valid excuse because she wasn't even there. it is still illegal to have that alcohol out at the beach.

Yet, other countries cops seem to be doing it just fine... you know, without punching.
    yeah, that guy that got beat with the baton a few times in the video i posted earlier, totally justified.

don't forget how cops in the UK are allowed to shove people to the ground just for getting close to them.

that's why your given handcuffs and can call for backup? Since he was not strong enough to handle a teenage girl?
    she was an adult.
    Last edited by zhero; 2018-06-01 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    That's not necessarily true at all. I was pulled over by a cop who mistook me for a different car that had been speeding. I was polite, and he was a complete dickhole. He threw the ticket at me, and told me to get the fuck out of there. I challenged it, and won.

I am willing to be she gets a six-figure sum for actions of the officer, do you want to bet?
    That sucks, but I bet if you gave the officer a hard time he would have found a reason to arrest you. You would have gotten your cell video on social media about a cop wrestling you out of your car been slapped with a resisting charge, sit in jail, pay a fine/bail, have to hire a lawyer all to get them thrown out (if you're lucky) instead, you were nice and courteous, pleaded your case to the judge and were out, what, a few hours of your own time.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    That sucks, but I bet if you gave the officer a hard time he would have found a reason to arrest you. You would have gotten your cell video on social media about a cop wrestling you out of your car been slapped with a resisting charge, sit in jail, pay a fine/bail, have to hire a lawyer all to get them thrown out (if you're lucky) instead, you were nice and courteous, pleaded your case to the judge and were out, what, a few hours of your own time.
    But it directly refuted what the other poster said. Just because you are polite, does not mean an officer is going to reciprocate. Some officers are simply assholes. And sometimes, cops will beat the shit out of a person, going far above what is required to place them under arrest.

Deleted
    Don't they have tasers or mace in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But it directly refuted what the other poster said. Just because you are polite, does not mean an officer is going to reciprocate. Some officers are simply assholes. And sometimes, cops will beat the shit out of a person, going far above what is required to place them under arrest.
    Yes, I agree 100%, but just because you MAY get pulled over by a cop who is a dick and not polite does not mean you shouldnt be polite back. Even if they beat the shit out of you for no reason (not resisting, being polite and complying) it present a stronger case against the police when you appear in court with a suit against the cop/city.

I was just pointing out, even though he was a dick, you were able to get away from the experience with just a few hours of your time.

she was an adult.
    He simply wasn't strong enough to restrain this female is what your saying. So why didn't he call his partner over?

He simply wasn't strong enough to restrain this female is what your saying. So why didn't he call his partner over?
    have you ever tried to restrain someone without hurting them?

have you ever tried to restrain someone without hurting them?
    Yes I have, never had to punch them in the head. Also your avoiding the question. He had backup available if he needed it, so what's the problem? Why do you need to punch someone if they are pinned and you can call for support.
    Last edited by Hilhen7; 2018-06-01 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Denning View Post
    There is a pretty distinct difference between attempting to restrain a woman considerably smaller than you without hurting them and attempting to restrain a woman considerably smaller than you without punching her in the face.

It really isn't too much to expect a trained policeman to be able to do the latter.
    then prove it by joining the force.

Yet, other countries cops seem to be doing it just fine... you know, without punching.
    I'd rather those two piddly punches while resisting arrest than mace or a taser. You shouldn't punch a person you're subduing, but he hardly throttled her like some make it sound.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Don't they have tasers or mace in the US?
    They do. Personally I think spraying someone with mace is a hell of a lot better way to get them to stop resisting than punching them. They'll be to busy screaming and grabbing their face to fight back.

Cops gets reports of suspected underage drinking, so they go on a routine check and find this 20 year old woman with possession of alcohol.
    Cops ask her her age, she answers she's 20 (underage) and that the alcohol belongs to her 'aunt' who's not on the beach and the woman doesn't know when she'll come.
    Cops also take a breath test, which comes up negative, but that could just mean they hadn't started drinking yet- claiming your 'aunt' is coming for it is suspicious in itself.
    Cops then ask for her name, which you're obliged to give to law enforcement if they ask for it, she refuses even after being told that she'd be arrested if she didn't comply.
    Cops then arrest her, but not before she starts running away (resisting arrest) calling for her boyfriend/husband/SO...
    Cops 'slam her to the ground' to stop her from running away, in the struggle (again another criminal offense) she spits and strikes at the police with her legs and/or hands.
    Cop hit her, 3 times- not that it matters, to pacify her into submission before cuffing her. After being cuffed she spits, shouts racist and demeaning remarks to the officers...

I really, REALLY, don't see the issue with this situation- at all.
    If you encounter law enforcement your obligation is to work with them, if you make their job harder or even oppose/fight them... well you deserve a smack, or three.
    I just don't understand how STUPID some people are, if she just had given them her name or let them talk to her 'aunt' this would've been resolved quickly and without drama. But 'NoooOooo', this stupid woman decided to act smart and not answer the police.

Also the woman howling "White trash!" at the officers multiple time is racist as hell and is ignored, minorities can be racist too!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes I have, never had to punch them in the head. Also your avoiding the question. He had backup available if he needed it, so what's the problem? Why do you need to punch someone if they are pinned and you can call for support.
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think law enforcement should just accept being spat on, kicked or punched during arrests even if it's "only a small woman".
    Could the police have resolved the issue in a different manner? Sure. But the woman should've just answered the questions and be done with it, but no... she had to take the "I'm a queen, I can do whatever I want." route. ...which ended with a few knocks, humiliation, a couple felonies and a scar on her daughters mind for life.
    GOOD. CHOICE.NOT.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

then prove it by joining the force.
    Why would you need to join to force to prove that restraining a small woman without puncher her isn't that hard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't think law enforcement should just accept being spat on, kicked or punched during arrests even if it's "only a small woman".
    Could the police have resolved the issue in a different manner? Sure. But the woman should've just answered the questions and be done with it, but no... she had to take the "I'm a queen, I can do whatever I want." route. ...which ended with a few knocks, humiliation, a couple felonies and a scar on her daughters mind for life.
    GOOD. CHOICE.NOT.
    Did I say they should accept it? No, press charges for assault, don't punch someone when they are clearly pinned. If your to weak to take her down alone call for backup, not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Secretly I am hoping for a day when general off topic is used for more than discussion of controversial stuff. Be nice to see more... y'know, uplifting threads here, rather than drama this, drama that...
    Humans suck and relish in the suffering of others, well many do. It's why we'll never have true peace or develop/evolve much further than we are now.
    Doesn't matter if it's envy, conflict of ideas (religion), greed or just plain evil. People will always find ways to make the worst in them come out at some point, I've move on from a hope of a better tomorrow years ago. It's better to just focus on people you deem worthy of your own interest and time and fuck everyone else. Cynical, sure, but I'm so much happier for it.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!