Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sounds familiar: YouTube shooting: Nasim Aghdam shoots 3 before killing herself at San Bruno HQ

Ismail Aghdam told Mercury News his daughter was angry because the company stopped paying for content she posted online.

Her website accuses "new closed-minded" YouTube employees of reducing her view count, suppressing her and discouraging her from creating content on the video platform. In a now-deleted video, she complained that YouTube began filtering her page and adding age restrictions her videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Aw poor things. Guess they'll need to find a real job, shocker! What will they ever do??
    lol a real job, jealous much

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    So from what I can tell it's less "oh this hobby is now a job" (although I'm sure that's true for some creators) and it's more "YT keeps demonetizing people for inane reasons and what I need to do to put food on the table changes every week now". I am sure some people do not feel empathy for YT creators but the fact that YT keeps dicking them around makes me feel pretty bad for them.
    It's quite true, and this has been happening for a very long time now (just most people don't hear about it). The unfortunate truth concerning the matter is that any serious YouTube streamer or organization likely needs a lawyer on retainer to deal with all the demonetization crap as well as any other issues that may arise... and even then, that's not a guarantee anything will get done in a timely fashion or at all.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Hasn't the USA been doing that for years? Increased cost of living without increasing salaries for years. There's your answer.
    No that's not the answer. They cop the increase cost of living too while youtube drop their profits by changing the rules.

So if you've worked at the same place for many years, how many companies reduce your salary over the time instead of increasing it?

I sincerely believe that tubers need to get a primary job that pays the bills, and treat that youtube stuff like a hobby.

If i made vapid, IQ lowering, seizure inducing content, id probably wanna neck myself too.

Humans evolved to hunt, gather, fight, build and produce children and society wonders why its a suicide case.

Im confused, do you fools think a new outfit or entertainment system makes you happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    YouTubers are no different than Kim Kardashian...largely talentless, famous for nothing, and not worth my fucking time.
    Most if not all of the youtubers I enjoy are actually knowledgeable about the subject they are talking about or at least admit to not knowing what the hell they are doing but do it as part of their videos. Not all celebrities are kim kardashians, not all youtubers are pewdiepie.

There are some great people out there doing this and if you are that defensive about it, that's a you problem.

I can't really bring myself to sympathize for the dudes. Job is hard and everyone struggles with it, at least the dudes are incredibly rich, famous and have a level of independence most of us can even dream of.
    Last edited by NED funded; 2018-06-02 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xcitng View Post
    lol a real job, jealous much
    That didnt take long for the fanboys to come out. Sure sunshine, whatever you say

10+ Year Old Account
    OMFG you mean being on YouTube and creating content has become *gulp* a JOB?

Yeah imagine that, something people actually have to give a shit about, instead of flipping on a camera and unloading whatever will get viewers to click
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Most if not all of the youtubers I enjoy are actually knowledgeable about the subject they are talking about or at least admit to not knowing what the hell they are doing but do it as part of their videos. Not all celebrities are kim kardashians, not all youtubers are pewdiepie.

There are some great people out there doing this and if you are that defensive about it, that's a you problem.
    I see someone doesn't like seeing his heroes being mocked.

I feel for them, I definitely do. Being in the spotlight like they are can be insanely demanding. A lot of content creators put in a ton of effort every single day just to make one video perfect for their viewers.

Of course there are content creators that don’t give a fuck about their viewers and will just try to crank out content with minimal effort, however there are youtubers that are the complete opposite as well.

Either way, it’s definitely understandable and I want these people to go get the help they need. It’s just unfortunate because even if they do there’s still that looming feeling of “will I drop off if I take a lot of time for myself? Will this be okay? Can I take this hit?”. Then there’s the case of YouTube changing that algorithm thing apparently very often which is kinda crazy.

Of course everyone has to deal with that at a regular job as well. It’s no different. It may be easier for them because they can take time off whenever they want and face less consequences than someone with an average joe 9-5 will. Doesn’t mean you can’t care for these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    That didnt take long for the fanboys to come out. Sure sunshine, whatever you say
    whatever you say, enjoy that minimum wage "real job"

In my experience a lot of them bring it on themselves. I won't name any names but I was good friends with a handful of people who later went on to gain a decent number of followers. They changed a considerable amount of things about themselves in order to offer what they thought their viewers wanted to see. It worked - but they alienated those who had stuck by them and who saw them as who they were beyond the persona they put on during their videos.

Eventually they burned out - though they spiraled out of control and faded into obscurity. For some, the damage was already done and bridges had been destroyed. For others we managed to salvage our friendship but it was never as firm as it used to be.

They're all fucking babies.

I hope YouTube begins to demonetize every video and force these people to get actual jobs.

The youtube golden era is over, it's a shame but the reality has been setting in for a while now. Still those really big channels are fortunate, they are making a very healthy living from youtube and earning a lot more than your typical 9 to 5 job. It's the smaller channels sub 500k that are probably taking it the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post

I hope YouTube begins to demonetize every video and force these people to get actual jobs.
    I suppose you think all of the entertainment industry should not be paid and get "real" jobs?
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    If I was really doing it as a job, my goal would be to get established and then get off youtube and/or twitch onto a platform i can control. Alternatively, I'd start some sort of wow community on my own first, and then start releasing videos and/or live streams on some other platform I can control second and just skip youtube/twitch entirely.

I wouldn't like tying my entire system to something out of my control like that.
    A dream goal, but one that is very hard to reach. YouTube is garbage and I hate that anyone is 'forced' to use it, but literally no other video uploading platform can survive for longer than a year so it's what we're all stuck with.

From your behavior in this post and in several others I've recently seen, I'm starting to piece together what an intelligent person you are.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    From your behavior in this post and in several others I've recently seen, I'm starting to piece together what an intelligent person you are.
    Wow. You're so good at creating a strawman. How about actually debating my position?

Wow. You're so good at creating a strawman. How about actually debating my position?
    What position? You just made a generalized flaming of other people and then I insulted you for it (which wasn't strawmanning). oh brudda