10+ Year Old Account

[BFA] Prot Warrior Blocking #'s

So, forgive me if the answer is obvious, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to how effective Prot Warriors mitigation will be in BFA, let me explain. (Yes im aware Im lvl 111)

Armor vs an evenly matched enemy - 53.01% DR
    vs Raider Dummy - 24.02% DR

Block vs an evenly matched enemy - 66% DR (increase of 1460 armor)
    vs Raider Dummy - showed it once, but now it wont show it vs "current target", the dummy

Mastery says critical block will double the block value, so an additional 1460 armor, would that be another ~44% dmg reduc (22% vs raider to 66%) or only another ~13% (evenly matched armor value 53%, up to 66% from block, doubled by crit block to 79%)

As a whole, heres my confusion - is my crit block less effective against a boss than a normal? will this example i said cause my critical block to block an extra 42% or another 13%? are my blocks? the fact that the block tooltip doesnt say vs current target, and how badly worded the tooltips are, it makes it really confusing.
    If this doesn't make sense I can try to rephrase if you need, thanks for the help in advance.

From the difference in the armor reduction value, I would say the boss is level 120 "elite boss". If stuff work like in the old days, boss were considered 3 level higher, making your armor and defense rating a bit less effective, but not half effective. As you level, those number will get closer.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    From the difference in the armor reduction value, I would say the boss is level 120 "elite boss". If stuff work like in the old days, boss were considered 3 level higher, making your armor and defense rating a bit less effective, but not half effective. As you level, those number will get closer.
    the confusion is with how effective blocking and critical blocking is - the reworking for some reason and its not just the flat dmg reduc now, and they do a horrible job explaining

Well, you can just go out into the world and look at the combat log. But that probably will not be really helpful, because it's pretty confusing. So on my warrior normal blocks block ~30.5% of the incoming damage, critical blocks block ~46.8%. It gets really weird when I remove gear, though. The more gear I remove (i.e. the less armor I have) the more % do I block.

So the tooltips don't seem to make any sense at all. But then it's beta, so what's going on in the game doesn't need to have anything to do with what the tooltips say.