Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Textures in Classic

Sorry if this question was already raised in the topics but I did not find it through the local search engine. Tell me please and on the classics which models and textures will be used? If official information about this? And will the DCs of the DC, allied races, worgen, draenei, goblins, pandarenas and blood elves be available? Or everything is severely circumcised before the release of The Burning Crusade?

Many Thanks) I am not English-speaker, so I can do some wrongs in English

Nothing is said about the models/textures, but it will more than likely be the same ones used back there with a slight chance they might let you opt in for better texture quality like retail has. No other races will be included past Vanilla (including the Blood Elves and Draenei) if they decide to do TBC, then they will be included in that particular expannsion.

The will use the same textures WoW had back then in vanilla game .

7+ Year Old Account
    See my post history to find all topics/mentioning of this kind but as already mentioned above, developers didn't say anything specifically themselves, just avoided question.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-05-29 at 10:55 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewnan View Post
    Sorry if this question was already raised in the topics but I did not find it through the local search engine. Tell me please and on the classics which models and textures will be used? If official information about this? And will the DCs of the DC, allied races, worgen, draenei, goblins, pandarenas and blood elves be available? Or everything is severely circumcised before the release of The Burning Crusade?

Many Thanks) I am not English-speaker, so I can do some wrongs in English
    People requested classic, so I am guessing the old textures.

People requested classic, so no Blood Elves, no Worgen, no Draenei, no Goblins, no Pandarens, no allied races.

People requested classic, so it'll be (hopefully) aimed at how it was before The Burning Crusade.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    People requested classic, so I am guessing the old textures.

People requested classic, so no Blood Elves, no Worgen, no Draenei, no Goblins, no Pandarens, no allied races.

People requested classic, so it'll be (hopefully) aimed at how it was before The Burning Crusade.
    ... People requested classic, white power, white power..... Sorry,Failed to joke)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Nothing is said about the models/textures, but it will more than likely be the same ones used back there with a slight chance they might let you opt in for better texture quality like retail has. No other races will be included past Vanilla (including the Blood Elves and Draenei) if they decide to do TBC, then they will be included in that particular expannsion.
    Yes, it would be very logical, although it's a pity that the races will not. I would have withstood the fact that there is no DK and DH but the race is vanilla, except that for long there was not mention anything about the worgen ...

15+ Year Old Account
    We know nothing, John Snow.

It's all speculation right now, even to the point we don't know for sure which engine they will use.

Could be the original client and retrofit it to work with modern Blizzard systems (such as the new Battle.net login), or use the new client and retrofit it with a "Classic" mod.

We don't know.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    The thuth is nobody know anything atm. Classic = no worgen/goblin etc (imho). New textures and graphic features are ok they didnt change the machanics. But this could change immersion and for orthodox vanilla lovers that could be a pain in the ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... People requested classic, white power, white power..... Sorry,Failed to joke)
    Yeah, I'm sorry, -2 out of 10. Not really something to joke with. Classic is a big thing.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yeah, I'm sorry, -2 out of 10. Not really something to joke with. Classic is a big thing.
    It's just that you said in my head that it sounded like the performance of great dictators, if you do not understand my humor, then again, forgive me!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    We know nothing, John Snow.

It's all speculation right now, even to the point we don't know for sure which engine they will use.

Could be the original client and retrofit it to work with modern Blizzard systems (such as the new Battle.net login), or use the new client and retrofit it with a "Classic" mod.

We don't know.
    But John Snow is dead! ( Or you did not know that either?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    The thuth is nobody know anything atm. Classic = no worgen/goblin etc (imho). New textures and graphic features are ok they didnt change the machanics. But this could change immersion and for orthodox vanilla lovers that could be a pain in the ass.
    Really ... so let's then play in the textures on MINECRAFT or CS 1.6? ))) This is too much ... can start the animation and will be old and clumsy (although I would have fixed them on the spot) but the textures need to be changed ... I think

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just that you said in my head that it sounded like the performance of great dictators, if you do not understand my humor, then again, forgive me!
    I was just writing what people are to expect of classic. Why would you ask for classic and demand something else.

I was just writing what people are to expect of classic. Why would you ask for classic and demand something else.
    Really. You're right!

You will likely see some sort of hybrid. Something like the new client(this is almost a given for so many security and time/cost reasons) with a the older models but higher quality graphic environments and effects(water effect, grass, etc). This will also address the glitchy world design in vanilla where there were numerous places you could fall through the ground either fully or partially. Thus also stops a key method of exploiting as in vanilla the hovering under the ground and farming where mobs could not reach you was rampant on some servers, it was popular in Diremaul where you could farm books and herbs from under the world and not have any issues and make tones of gold quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    You will likely see some sort of hybrid. Something like the new client(this is almost a given for so many security and time/cost reasons) with a the older models but higher quality graphic environments and effects(water effect, grass, etc). This will also address the glitchy world design in vanilla where there were numerous places you could fall through the ground either fully or partially. Thus also stops a key method of exploiting as in vanilla the hovering under the ground and farming where mobs could not reach you was rampant on some servers, it was popular in Diremaul where you could farm books and herbs from under the world and not have any issues and make tones of gold quickly.
    Of course it will be silly to eat blizzard ignore these mistakes ... Anyway, "that very vanilla" we will not see officially, but for that we will not see the "jambs" of the left blizzard ... Personally, I'm waiting, although the battle for Azeroth is also waiting (I think this will be the last global addition, since it will destroy N'zoth) and the Horde and the Alliance will continue to solve the urgent problems forever

All this will be done to ensure that the situation does not turn out as in the series "Walking Dead" (if anyone looked) when they no longer know which way to go but still go.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Actual answer: No one knows yet, since Blizzard hasn't told us anything other than they're making Classic and want to try to keep it as close to the original as possible. What that means, we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    The will use the same textures WoW had back then in vanilla game .
    and this source came from where? I don't get why people spout bullshit.

We really don't know yet. There are 4 ways they could go about this

Option 1 - Pure - No updates, 2004 graphics completely un-updated

Option 2 - Hybrid - Would use new character models and some new NPC models. Nothing else updated. Like how things look in retail minus the Cataclysm changes

Option 3 - Complete Update - Total update and overhaul of all zones and models. As if the Vanilla game was release in 2019/2020

Option 4 - Remastered - Vanilla models, no upgraded player modes however everything re-textured in with higher-definition resolutions

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Actual answer: No one knows yet, since Blizzard hasn't told us anything other than they're making Classic and want to try to keep it as close to the original as possible. What that means, we'll have to wait and see.
    so let me get this straight, you read:
    "as close to the original as possible"

..and you DON'T think that they'll be using the ORIGINAL textures and models? how can you read "original" and get "brand new"?

I know that 'close' is a word that could perhaps be misinterpreted if you haven't followed this AT ALL and done ZERO research into this by YOURSELF, however, it's generally understood that people have their concerns about the mechanics and gameplay of classic as Blizzard has suggested it would be on the "current infrastructure" and would be a "server option", nobody at any point has even so much as insinuated there wouldn't be vanilla textures and models involved.

Given other projects like Oldschool Runescape retaining everything from the original game from 2007 which partially influenced the push for Nostralrius and eventually classic, suggesting that they WOULDN'T use classic textures seems idiotic, and certainly not "classic" or "close" considering it's not the "original" assets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    and this source came from where? I don't get why people spout bullshit.
    Although there is no concrete absolute and source on this:

(that is down to Blizzards horrific communication, not giving updates for well over 6 months.)

It has always been assumed and mutually agreed upon that the majority of graphical aspects wouldn't change and would remain unperturbed. However, people regularly have suggested the new models be introduced, and that has been unpopular, as it deviates from the "original" and isn't "close" to the "original".

Ion said that, quote, there would be "no changes" to the game as it currently was, but instead asked which patch players would prefer to play on, I.E, 1.12.2, 1.1, 1.2. the discussions here are entirely based on mechanics from the classic game (mostly to do with PvE progression and PvP, realm identity)

.. graphics are rarely ever discussed during classic conversations, and really, are hardly ever in dispute. most people assume that Blizzard wouldn't do something as stupid as retouching all textures for the original world as not only is that a massive undertaking, but it's a massive undertaking nobody really wants and would deviate from the "original" "classic" experience.

I'd say an overwhelming majority of the potential playerbase are expecting old graphics, old world and old character models - as anything else wouldn't be "classic" or "close to the original" and would be a "change"...really, it's kinda been agreed upon already? and it was probably one of the first things to really be "put to bed" and agreed upon by the community that this would be the game "as was"

..Blizzard potentially could retouch the entire world, introduce new models and have it on the current WoW engine...but if that happens nobody would play it and it would be a huge waste of time and wouldn't return on the investment. further to that, most classic and original players don't regularly post on these forums citing them as toxic and entirely in favor of "retail wow". anything said or done here cannot even hope to encompass the entire "sleeping community" rooting for this games success and "return of classic as it was".

If people don't like elements of classic they'll just go back to their private servers. The only reason people are throwing Blizzard a bone is because it offers security and permanence where those servers clearly do not, Blizzard are in some ways bound to the will of the community in terms of classic - it's success is entirely dependent upon how the game is initially percieved and which trade-offs players would need to make in order to establish themselves there.
    Last edited by JohnnyMccrum; 2018-06-02 at 03:53 AM.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMccrum View Post
    so let me get this straight, you read:
    "as close to the original as possible"

..and you DON'T think that they'll be using the ORIGINAL textures and models? how can you read "original" and get "brand new"?

I know that 'close' is a word that could perhaps be misinterpreted if you haven't followed this AT ALL and done ZERO research into this by YOURSELF, however, it's generally understood that people have their concerns about the mechanics and gameplay of classic as Blizzard has suggested it would be on the "current infrastructure" and would be a "server option", nobody at any point has even so much as insinuated there wouldn't be vanilla textures and models involved.

Given other projects like Oldschool Runescape retaining everything from the original game from 2007 which partially influenced the push for Nostralrius and eventually classic, suggesting that they WOULDN'T use classic textures seems idiotic, and certainly not "classic" or "close" considering it's not the "original" assets.
    You seem to be extrapolating a lot of nonsense from what I said. I said, no one knows yet. I didn't say they would be the same old textures, I didn't say they'd be new, I didn't say they'd be close. I said no one knows yet. You seem to be projecting other people's answers onto mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    We really don't know yet. There are 4 ways they could go about this

Option 1 - Pure - No updates, 2004 graphics completely un-updated

Option 2 - Hybrid - Would use new character models and some new NPC models. Nothing else updated. Like how things look in retail minus the Cataclysm changes

Option 3 - Complete Update - Total update and overhaul of all zones and models. As if the Vanilla game was release in 2019/2020

Option 4 - Remastered - Vanilla models, no upgraded player modes however everything re-textured in with higher-definition resolutions
    Option 4 costs far less, and would cause less uproar than option 3.

Anyway I'd be happy with any of them.