Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Changing classes for the sake of change, gold inflation due to oreder hall missions and tunnelvision class balance due to arena.
    I especially disliked the change from Wotlk Ret to Cata Ret. It was horribly done, unfun and lead to many breaks/quits.

And then when initial passives from ret like increased run speed got removed, it really annoyed me.
    Last edited by mmocd03f375e36; 2018-05-29 at 04:48 PM.

The fact that Blizzard can't seem to settle on a class design they like and stop changing it. And it seems to happen every expansion. Classes go from "I really enjoyed playing that class" to "WTF is this" and back again.

I don't know if it's because of other classes needing to balance, therefore if one class gets an overhaul every class gets changed whether they need it or not. It gets tiring coming back after a break and finding you need to completely relearn your rotation and the way a class plays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    So, what did Blizzard do that disappointed you the most?
    Partnered with Activision.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymfette View Post
    I really don't see the problem with Activision really. Blizzard dumped a giant media corporation (vivendi) for a merger with a giant video game corporation, so what? 8 months after the Activision merger they releases the best expansion (WotLK).
    Blizzard didn't dump Vivendi for a merger. Vivendi merged them and Vivendi gaming when they bought Activision in 2008 under the term Activision-Blizzard. 2013 Activision - Blizzard bought out most of the shares, Vivendi holding on to a handful with a clause that is legally binding in Californian state and US federal law about Activision and Blizzard not controlling the other.

7+ Year Old Account
    Putting a store into a game that already costs an arm and a leg to get started then a paid sub

Tripling down on the Diablo 3 style titanforging system to just prolong content

wod, warcraft movie , diablo 3

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Not merging the 90% of low pop WOW servers for years and years and years while keeping extortionate rates on server transfers.
    2. Pandas
    3. Activision

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSapmi View Post
    I might be alone with this, but the change in the talent system that came pre-Cataclysm. I loved sitting down and having to calculate which talent I wanted. I still remember my old Rogue 51/15/5 talent set up with nostalgia. Switching talents around was truly interesting, and took time and planning. Imho, the Cataclysm talent system disappointed me the most.
    You're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Existed in the lore prior
    True. Just... hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Oh, easy, completely ruining WoW by introducing cross-realms and killing off the whole community. Honestly, to this day it makes me sad comparing how fucking amazing the game was before that point to the joke it has been the decade since.

It's not the only time they've done it though. Introducing SC2 without any chat channels was basically the same deal. Somehow in their minds people only like to play game with irl friends and doesn't like meeting and getting to know people in the games themselves.
    I played alot during vanilla and BC. It sure felt to me that individual server pops were too big to really create much of a community. Somewhat, ya, you were familiar with certain guilds, and certain gankers/farmers, other than that, not realllllly, imo.

On everquest for example, I def felt a community there. Im pretty sure EQ servers had 1/10 or less the players a wow server in those eras had though.

I thought Azeroth Choppers was all around terrible. Why the heck did they make the bikes faction based? I voted for the Alliance one because I don't play Horde which completely destroyed the purpose of the building competition. Why wouldn't they do more neutral themes like Scourge vs Legion or literally anything else so people would talk about the visual aesthetic of the bikes rather than make it about faction?

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

For me it was Diablo 3, but not for the reasons most people have. During the "Fuck that loser" fiasco, everyone singled in on Jay Wilson acting like an asshole. They only gave that line criticism. What do we see when we look deeper into the entire post it originated from? Everyone is patting themselves on the back because they made the fastest PC selling game of all time. Those delusional fuckwits actually believed that because the game sold fast it was a success. The game was objectively a failure on all accounts, but they couldn't see it, because all they see is someone telling them good job for making Blizzard money. That is what Blizzard has done to disappoint me. The current culture of that company is disgusting, and mediocrity runs rampant, but they can't see it because they only see sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraynor View Post
    Warlords of Draenor.
    This. So. Fucking. Much. Killed off any remaining interest I had in WOW, which has yet to return - and I'm okay if it never does. World Of Ion'scraft simply doesn't interest me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    Yeah, in a post on the second or third page I typed that RoS did save Diablo 3, but it felt like it didn't come in time (nor could it come earlier, either). The damage to Diablo 3's reputation was already done and despite being a good expansion, it only did so much. But for those who returned to it after the expansion, I suppose it didn't look as bad as before.
    I played it on release - gave up after hitting level cap and getting disgusted with the RMAH - didn't think about it at all until Loot 2.0 was announced - Loot 2.0 and RoS redeemed it, and I played the fuck out of it. Until then I felt I had thrown away $60, or however much it cost. I got a lot of repeat play out of RoS, until it all slowed down to the rinse and repeat of seasons. I beta tested the Necro, and while it's a well made class, I didn't end up buying it, because I was pretty much over the game at that point - but I don't regret buying the game now, I just wish I hadn't had to pay more to get a game that was playable. I honestly think if the creative director hadn't quit after RoS, and they hadn't lost some other key devs, and put out the second expansion that we got bits and pieces of, it would still have life.

There was enough in D3 that it had a lot going for it - how they handled the talents was great, the classes were solid, the art was off the chart, animation top notch, the story good (if perplexing if you look too closely), and the way they handled the maps was good. The mobs were well done.

But that fucking RMAH and the insane limited RNG for gear, in a gear-based game. Jay what's his face can go fuck himself, repeatedly. My ONE memory of playing D3 1.0 was getting to level cap and never fucking seeing any legendary gear. None. My character was so fucking weak because of it, it was pointless to play. It wasn't fun. Diablo 1 & 2 were loot pinatas. That was the fucking game - go off into the map and see what falls off monsters. Not buy it from shut-ins who played 24/7 or gear farmers from far off and exotic lands. Fuck that noise.

But Warlords of Dreanor was so much more soul-killing and a complete and utter disappointment that they allowed that game to be designed and released, knowing how lacking in content it was - AND raised the price for it.

Diablo III

Game that is rated Mature with the dialogue of a Saturday morning cartoon is my main issue. There are plenty of issues with that game, it's a pile or garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo 3 real money auction house. Knew they had changed forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords of Draenor. There doesn't really need to be any other answer. They abandoned the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I thought Azeroth Choppers was all around terrible. Why the heck did they make the bikes faction based? I voted for the Alliance one because I don't play Horde which completely destroyed the purpose of the building competition. Why wouldn't they do more neutral themes like Scourge vs Legion or literally anything else so people would talk about the visual aesthetic of the bikes rather than make it about faction?
    It was obviously rigged toward horde and everyone knew that they were gonna win from the start too. Didn't help. Was such a fucking stupid contest.

Diablo 3 (Before RoS) and Warlords of Draenor.

Blizzard sometimes make massive changes to core games that they lose their soul. And then they try hard to gain that soul back again.

Investing heavily into E-Sports

It’s on the same scale of atrocity as Nintendo with their Wii.

They alone have damaged the Industry

Deleted
    Release Cataclysm