Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    They said BtS was prelude of BfA and the reason why the conflict begins.
    But from the preview and the people that had the chance to read the book is seams is was pure bs
    Yes but they are not going to say "But secretly behidn it all the old gods influnced everything"
    it will most likely be in the final raid or a quest line leading to it , nzoth bragging to us or one of his minions that he was so easily able to corrupt us and control us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    I honestly can't imagine what could even possibly happen that would at least somewhat justify it, apart from blatant nonsense like blaming it on Old Gods.
    Well that is most likely what may happen, after azeroths stabbing Nzoth gains full control without the planets power able to hold him back he starts fucking with everyone through azerite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yes they did take a turn. And it has been a very close friendship. Several horde members are having doubts ( saurfang, baine) about the horde. Why give a friendship like that.

- - - Updated - - -

I have not read the book yet. But i thought it was both sides who got fired upon.

And yes she was: http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...mal/735214.jpg

read this page. It where council members. but they where still returning to sylvanas. Numbers/% there are non. Some got back to her side. But if you read it, anyone who she deemed as trouble makers got a arrow.
    Man that's sad. That this idea of sylvanas is now canon and really illogical to the wotlk sylvanas. This is bad beyond comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    She fired on two of the three groups defined - the first group wasn't on the field anymore, they'd returned to her side some time before. For the number remaining it didn't matter to her if they were retreating back to the Thoradin Wall (Horde side) or toward the Alliance side, they were cut down as potential or actual traitors.
    Yup i read the articles on mmo-wowhead wrong. Still people rejoining her and still shooting at her...not sane at all that screaming lady.

Man. I wonder how they fix this. Because it sounds more and more that garrosh was a care-bear if you look at sylvannas actions so far.
    And if they want both sides to be as dark/light as each other. Alliance needs to strap bombs to goblins and level silvermoon with a attack like that and we are still not close to the horde :S

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    Man that's sad. That this idea of sylvanas is now canon and really illogical to the wotlk sylvanas. This is bad beyond comprehension.
    yeah. Even if it was a small group. Says enough about the darkness in her right now. I wonder how they are going to "fix" this. Because she has gone beyond garrosh if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Yup i read the articles on mmo-wowhead wrong. Still people rejoining her and still shooting at her...not sane at all that screaming lady.

Man. I wonder how they fix this. Because it sounds more and more that garrosh was a care-bear if you look at sylvannas actions so far.
    And if they want both sides to be as dark/light as each other. Alliance needs to strap bombs to goblins and level silvermoon with a attack like that and we are still not close to the horde :S
    Well, I wouldn't want to embrace Sylvanas apologism as it were, as I agree that the killing of her own for the merest suspicion of treason is pretty reprehensible, but from her own inner context she at least justifies her actions (something Garrosh never struck me as doing outside of blatant Orcish supremacy rhetoric). While those retreating to the Alliance side were obvious traitors in her eyes, she thought the possibility of subversive traitors returning to the fold was too much a risk to her and her people - since she couldn't say which among the middle group were loyal or no (and we know beyond a shadow of a doubt some of them were loyal to her) then they simply all had to go so as not to reintroduce that element back into the fold. The idea of the Desolate Council was already a dubious one in her eyes well before the Arathi incident, and the notion that some of them were (or could turn) traitor to the Forsaken cause was not something she could accept.

From a character standpoint, Sylvanas remains consistent with what we know of her, at least - another claim that Garrosh can't really make. There's very little that's ever been good about her, at least not from a moral standpoint - she's a schemer and a plotter, and her primary desire is to remain uncontested in terms of her control over the Forsaken as they are her shield against the dark fate awaiting her in the Shadowlands.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Wait, so Taelia's father is Bolvar, and her mother is Calia? Does that seem odd to anyone else? I mean Bolvar was a figure pretty high up in the Alliance military (at least until WotLK), so it would be strange for Calia to not know of his whereabouts?
    It does seem odd but they have chance to clear it up per say.

Personally, I think the book is suggesting his whereabouts after the Wrathgate? Considering there is a meeting to be shared between the dead and living, maybe she's asking about Bolvar's corpse? We didn't collect his body just items from the battlefield as Alexstraza watched really. We couldn't claim it because Arthas took it to which no one knows except those at Arthas's demise.
    And being burnt to a crisp, his identity wouldn't be likely circled around the Death Knights who really aren't one for meeting royalty to divulge.

And sticking to that, it's not meant to be known by the wider world, in fact no one now knows who the Lich King is except us as the players (which fucks it a little but I think we are liable to keep that to ourselves too as well), it's meant to be a secret identity and the cinematic we see, we are just spectators with the absence of players which fucks it up admittedly.

To me this just confirms a potential future where Calia and Bolvar clash or even join. Which is crazy. Both are now undead. With the addition of the daughter, this makes for an interesting Northrend remake if it happens. Also with Anduin and Sylvanas too.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-06-02 at 03:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    It does seem odd but they have chance to clear it up per say.

Personally, I think the book is suggesting his whereabouts after the Wrathgate? Considering there is a meeting to be shared between the dead and living, maybe she's asking about Bolvar's corpse? We didn't collect his body just items from the battlefield as Alexstraza watched really. We couldn't claim it because Arthas took it to which no one knows except those at Arthas's demise.
    And being burnt to a crisp, his identity wouldn't be likely circled around the Death Knights who really aren't one for meeting royalty to divulge.

And sticking to that, it's not meant to be known by the wider world, in fact no one now knows who the Lich King is except us as the players (which fucks it a little but I think we are liable to keep that to ourselves too as well), it's meant to be a secret identity and the cinematic we see, we are just spectators with the absence of players which fucks it up admittedly.

To me this just confirms a potential future where Calia and Bolvar clash or even join. Which is crazy. Both are now undead. With the addition of the daughter, this makes for an interesting Northrend remake if it happens. Also with Anduin and Sylvanas too.
    It turns out that there isn't a connection between Calia and Bolvar, at least not in "Before the Storm" as it were. As of the ARC on Reddit Calia's husband and child are unknown quantities - which is why she thought they could be among the Forsaken. Bolvar is the father of Taelia, who so far has no connection with Calia.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

What I have read so far is really not encouraging. I dislike pretty much the whole premise of the situation, I don't like Anduin, I don't really like Baine, I dislike Sylvanas and I recently got good reason to dislike Calia Menethil with this novel. Both Baine and Anduin are incredibly naive and don't seem to understand the deep seated hatred between many of the opposite faction, Sylvanas behaved as she usually does, a ruthless monster. I was actually surprised she didn't kill all the forsaken civilians and let the ones live that returned earlier on. Calia Menethil did something so incredibly stupid I still can't quite grasp it. She was never meant to rule and it shows, this impulsive action makes her utterly unfit to rule anything, or be in charge of anything really. Any ruler that cannot toss his own convictions aside if the situation calls for it, is simply unfit to rule.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Yet again Baine being almost disgustingly into Anduin, even blood elves have more faction pride than he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Every single criticism about Anduin is exaggerated tenfold by his detractors so I don't expect anybody to be realistic here.

I mean the second the Saurfang stuff was datamined you had people here and on the official forums losing their shit and calling him an Alliance bootlicker, Anduin's lapdog, a traitor, ectectect. When literally all he said was that he didn't want to go back to the Horde when Sylvanas was running it.

Every single thing revolving dislike or hated (Or even just disagreement) of Sylvanas by any character in this story gets met by fanatical, insane backlash by the same group of people every time. Whether its Anduin, Genn, Jaina, Saurfang, Baine, or anybody else.
    thats so true

its a pain in the ass see some sylvanas zealots criticize Saurfang - the player in the warcraft 2 campaign - just because he have honor(they call death wish) something totally despicable in this horde, cause live at all cost, doing all the shit to survive, running way, is better than die by the horde.

Of course, his character is sacrificed for her, cause he would call a makgora after he leave the cell

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Yet again Baine being almost disgustingly into Anduin, even blood elves have more faction pride than he does.
    Baine confirmed to be goldens self-insert character ?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    thats so true

its a pain in the ass see some sylvanas zealots criticize Saurfang - the player in the warcraft 2 campaign - just because he have honor(they call death wish) something totally despicable in this horde, cause live at all cost, doing all the shit to survive, running way, is better than die by the horde.

Of course, his character is sacrificed for her, cause he would call a makgora after he leave the cell
    Honor should not be the ultimate deciding factor, because ultimately it is just there to temper pragmatism up to a point. Neither Sylvanas or Saurfang are fit to rule to be honest, because Sylvanas utterly lacks anything resembling honor (moral code) and Saurfang clings to it far too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Must say I am kinda disappointed that Anduin and Baine performing a Disney styled sing along isn't part of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by GetCrunk View Post
    They said BtS was prelude of BfA and the reason why the conflict begins.
    But from the preview and the people that had the chance to read the book is seams is was pure bs
    So the TLDR of this book is: Sylvanas kills some defectors and the former heir to Lordaeron which makes her a huge villain that the alliance must kill and the horde has to keep their eyes open on. Lame.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

If he challenged her to Mak'gora he would face much less criticism imo. It was never about Saurfang being against Sylvanas, it's about how he's going on about it.

Kinda makes me question whether one day Cairne's spirit will show and tell his son to "grow some balls".

I mean let's be honest, how would have Baine been during Warcraft 3?

"Well those Centaurs need to live off something as well"
    "Daelin is kinda right, you were evil"

Can we also now say that Banduin (Baine + Anduin) yknow since Anduin also wants to marry put of love, Baine cuts off his own horn and wrote him a letter. Are they going to marry and sing kumbayah at the reception?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    during Warcraft 3?
    During Warcraft 3 races of modern Horde and Alliance actually cooperated against Burning Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Honor should not be the ultimate deciding factor, because ultimately it is just there to temper pragmatism up to a point. Neither Sylvanas or Saurfang are fit to rule to be honest, because Sylvanas utterly lacks anything resembling honor (moral code) and Saurfang clings to it far too much.
    honor was the ultimate factor until wod, pretty fine, i don't know why it should not continue to be

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    If he challenged her to Mak'gora he would face much less criticism imo. It was never about Saurfang being against Sylvanas, it's about how he's going on about it.
    And again, its just blizzard fault, not his fault

Quote Originally Posted by JdRobespierre View Post
    During Warcraft 3 races of modern Horde and Alliance actually cooperated against Burning Legion.
    And Cairne later helped Thrall and Rexxar to smack Daelins ass.

honor was the ultimate factor until wod, pretty fine, i don't know why it should not continue to be
    To be honest it never was, honor was thrown around constantly, still people acted dishonorably all the time.