Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osanger View Post
    With today's numbers perhaps yes, but then that is a tuning issue, something which is easily fixed as long as they do it.

Currently I would agree about Sins but its a brand new talent so the numbers are more than likely not really accurate as to the extra damage provided i.e it need iterated on. The beauty of the talent tho is the diminishing returns part, it gives them the flexibility to say, make super strong for 5 targets and then have a severe drop off at six onwards, therefore making a lot weaker for raiding but still a gain over contrition for fights that you want to have max raid healing on and spot healing is covered by a pala/shaman.
    I disagree - they fundamentally can't make it a massive damage increase or it will unbalance all sorts of content. By its design (always on, maximum initial power) it can't be viable. I'm surprised they implemented it. Imagine taking any other healer if Disc can deal 20% or more bonus damage on Tyrannical week bosses when the group isn't taking aoe damage. Imagine taking this over Contrition if it's anything less. /shrug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I disagree - they fundamentally can't make it a massive damage increase or it will unbalance all sorts of content. By its design (always on, maximum initial power) it can't be viable. I'm surprised they implemented it. Imagine taking any other healer if Disc can deal 20% or more bonus damage on Tyrannical week bosses when the group isn't taking aoe damage. Imagine taking this over Contrition if it's anything less. /shrug.
    What other content? Leveling?(not really an issue tbh) PvP?(we now have separate modifiers for instanced pvp so can be tuned accordingly) WPvP? (diminishing returns takes care of that just like it will for raiding) I mean tyrannical week in M+ is one example, but there are the other affixes to consider as well, so even having all that extra damage would not be enough to blanket pick disc. I mean look at live, on paper disc does considerably more damage than other healers in tyrannical week, but they are not getting picked over Holy paladins or druids.

The extra damage is supposed to be the main reason you want to take a disc, with a few others, but currently its just not worth it with what you lose in terms of raw throughput from other healers. A talent like sins makes that viable and with how underrepresented disc is in the M+ scene i would think needed.

Deleted
    nah dude making a spec good at something is fundamentally broken in world of homogenycraft

Does Disc retain the dps-ey feeling in BFA? I hope it does and they are not going back to the old days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Does Disc retain the dps-ey feeling in BFA? I hope it does and they are not going back to the old days.
    Yep still feels exactly the same tbh, with shield being our main atonement applier it actually feels a lot better since it doesn't feel like wasted healing like plea did.

There is a bit of a hole left by lights wrath and of course its playing a lot slower than live due to low haste but the feel is still there.

Atonement healing is feels kinda weak atm which is prolly a tuning issue with gear and the new mastery tbh, other than the the spec feels solid, especially with the return of shadow covenant.

Deleted
    >Yep still feels exactly the same tbh
    >Atonement healing is feels kinda weak atm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    >Yep still feels exactly the same tbh
    >Atonement healing is feels kinda weak atm

Once again your reading comprehension lands you on the bus to failville.

Population: Still just you.

the the spec feels solid, especially with the return of shadow covenant.
    Shouldn't we be worried by the return of Shadow Covenant ? A spell with zero interaction to our core mechanic ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Shouldn't we be worried by the return of Shadow Covenant ? A spell with zero interaction to our core mechanic ?
    Not at all, quite the opposite when you consider its function as a talent.

Unfortunatley disc has one glaring weakness; aoe healing while out of combat. For the majority of the time we can get by with shadowmend, however where this becomes an issue in M+ when trying to deal with affixes like bursting/grevious/necrotic where continued healing after combat is required to deal with those mechanics and tab casting SM is not fast enough to keep the whole group up. In steps SC for those weeks allowing you to stabilise your group to a safe position where you can tope them off with SM.

They tried a different method of this with contrition which just ended up having tuning issues for raiding and wiuld have ended up just being either rubbish or hugely overpowered. Personally i would have liked them to have tried contrition with a 5 target limit but i guess SC works and is an easy revert due to only being 2 months from release and probs need to focus time elsewhere(hopefully on shadow for the love of god!!!)

Its not the best thing but we need it and it works so rather that and be viable than not have it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    T75 offers little to no value in a raid environment now, unfortunately. I never have fewer than 5 Atonements out, so Sins is marginal; I rarely use defensive Penance in a raid, so that's marginal; and S Cov is too mana intensive when we have other options in a raid. It's fine for that to be an M+ row, I just wish there were a clearer raiding choice. For now it looks like Contrition.

I feel like they should have Sins start at 12% damage increase and then decrease like it does on beta until 5 atonements, at which point it then increases damage by 1% per atonement like on live (or maybe different functionalities in a raid and a dungeon).

Also, Radiance could be lowered to 5.5% base mana, and S Cov could be raised to 8.5% and apply 3 random atonements or something.
    Last edited by Nurasu; 2018-06-06 at 04:42 PM.

Unfortunatley disc has one glaring weakness; aoe healing while out of combat.
    Holy Nova!... i kid

Deleted
    i rarely use schism when i dont have it so why would i talent into it

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    i rarely use schism when i dont have it so why would i talent into it
    None of these talent options remotely encourage you to change your gameplay to accommodate having them.

15+ Year Old Account
    12 sec cd on shadow covenant.

What are they thinking?!

The whole reason for the existence of that spell is to have a tool when you need to spam aoe heal for a while.

And they put a 12 second cooldown on it. WTF really, might as well remove the spell.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

15+ Year Old Account
    We still have Light's Wrath in BfA and I've got proof!
    (too bad it's just a bug )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    Holy Nova!... i kid
    I remember the days of MOP when we only had to bring 2 disc priests for a full raid because all we had to do was spam Holy Nova!

been on the 120 premade server, did a couple of bg's as disc.. stupidly good. really fun
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy