The main thing I think on is if they graphically update the silver covenant to have that "old high elf" feel, she'd look way too much like her sister Alleria.

It'd probably be doable, but it would be something to keep in mind. Main characters need to look distinct. Maybe keep the light blue tint to her clothes and the lack of hood. Maybe tweak Alleria slightly in her normal form to feel more like the leader of the void elves, with her tattoos and eyes going purple or something. Just so players can look at a glance and go "that one's the void elf leader" and "that one's the high elf leader."
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-06-02 at 12:14 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The main thing I think on is if they graphically update the silver covenant to have that "old high elf" feel, she'd look way too much like her sister Alleria.
    Well... Honestly, as for long term, I actually proposed that Vereesa should rather die in the possible future elven civil war, and I had a reason for that - I was thinking about High Elves withdrawing from the war at some point, cause that would for sure be huge help in further differentiating them from Void Elves, and Vereesa is someone who would never agreed for such thing.

But there is also no reason to give tattoos and ranger look to Silver Covenant. They are military organization from Dalaran, specific faction. They don't have to be main source of playable HIgh Elven population as allied race, and even shouldn't be - as allied races require recruiting scenario. Situation could be here similar than with Dark Irons, where part of them was recruited earlier, and part of them is brought now. Old Ranger look fits more for Highvale elves, and so - them, or other similar rediscovered groups of exiles would be recruited population, while Silver Covenant getting some role in that scenario.

I was recently looking on updated minimaps of Eastern Kingdoms, on all that empty mountains south of Quel'Thalas... There could be in fact plenty added things, much more that it would be needed here.

Even if we wouldn't consider here elven civil war, and death of Vereesa, she is still first of all commander of city dwelling militia group, and so - her appearance should stay coherent with function, if she ever got new model. Just as Alleria's look stayed old styled during Legion, even if there are no elves presented in that way anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    with her tattoos and eyes going purple or something
    I absolutely fully support this.

However, I would suggest myself a black eyes. Believe me - there is nothing giving better dark-elf vibe, than chalky white skin with whole eyes going black.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Spamming the forums with irrelevant tripe isn’t freedom of speech.
    You would call Alliance asking for content they actually want irrelevant tripe, wouldn't you?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    You would call Alliance asking for content they actually want irrelevant tripe, wouldn't you?
    That guy is just affraid that his pretty blonde female elf paladin is not going to be unique anymore or some dumb thing like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    I would call the Alliance asking for a clone of a Horde race and some of them going so far as to start threatening people with mass shootings, cancer and suicide (Three things I have seen threatened by High Elf fans) when they don't get what they want irrelevant tripe, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    That guy is just affraid that his pretty blonde female elf paladin is not going to be unique anymore or some dumb thing like that.
    Please, contain your salt, I do not want to dehydrate.

5+ Year Old Account
    Please, contain your salt, I do not want to dehydrate.
    Apply that to yourself, look what you made with your Location and Signature.

Spamming the forums with irrelevant tripe isn’t freedom of speech.
    Yet it is perfectly acceptable for hordies to endlessly spam the official forums with irrelevant tripe like begging for San'layn?

Oh, I see. For horde, it is fine to ask for Void Elves with different colored eyes. But High Elves? They don't even get to have a megathread anymore!

I bet the censorship and bias is A-OK with you though, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Fascist View Post
    Yet it is perfectly acceptable for hordies to endlessly spam the official forums with irrelevant tripe like begging for San'layn?
    no its not, but they didn't reach the lv of obnoxious the high elf threads did, and they are not shut down by the devs a lot of times, thats why the mods, wrongly, let then pass

do a favor like anyone else and report then

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    no its not, but they didn't reach the lv of obnoxious the high elf threads did, and they are not shut down by the devs a lot of times, thats why the mods, wrongly, let then pass

do a favor like anyone else and report then
    May not be obnoxious for you because those aren't such polemic, but don't try to argue that they behave better just because they have a less confronted debate.

7+ Year Old Account
    May not be obnoxious for you because those aren't such polemic, but don't try to argue that they behave better just because they have a less confronted debate.
    i didn't say that, i said their lv of obnoxious didn't reach the lv of the high elf threads

this mean they are obnoxious, just not the same.

and honestly they are not that far, the fanfics there are horrendous and they search anything, stretching any piece of lore to validate their claims , just like in the HE threads

5+ Year Old Account
    i didn't say that, i said their lv of obnoxious didn't reach the lv of the high elf threads

this mean they are obnoxious, just not the same.

and honestly they are not that far, the fanfics there are horrendous and they search anything, stretching any piece of lore to validate their claims , just like in the HE threads
    Did i have to repeat that the HE discussion is more polemic than others?

HE do not need to rely on fanfics to support their deserved AR slot, altought some of the supporters do that.

It's unfair that someone say that HE discussion is more obnoxious, you don't have a calm and short debate when is so polemic and people just wanted it for so long, even less when something that supports their desires even more just pop up.

The day San'layn gets as polemical as HE, you can say they are less obnoxious and repetitive, until then stick to the reality that they don't have much ground to hold and less people arguing them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did i have to repeat that the HE discussion is more polemic than others?
    and? that was not my point
    HE do not need to rely on fanfics to support their deserved AR slot, altought some of the supporters do that.
    most of then
    It's unfair that someone say that HE discussion is more obnoxious, you don't have a calm and short debate when is so polemic and people just wanted it for so long, even less when something that supports their desires even more just pop up.

i don't think so, if a discussion have more whining, crying, headcanon and fanfics that they see as absolute true, is more obnoxious

again the point was not to say one is obnoxious and the other is not, both are, but with different levels because what and how they discuss

The day San'layn gets as polemical as HE, you can say they are less obnoxious and repetitive, until then stick to the reality that they don't have much ground to hold and less people arguing them.
    what

5+ Year Old Account
    and? that was not my point

most of then

i don't think so, if a discussion have more whining, crying, headcanon and fanfics that they see as absolute true, is more obnoxious

again the point was not to say one is obnoxious and the other is not, both are, but with different levels because what and how they discuss

what
    Seems like i over estimated you, if you can't even comprehend what i said to you, i'm very sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Fascist View Post

Oh, I see. For horde, it is fine to ask for Void Elves with different colored eyes. But High Elves? They don't even get to have a megathread anymore!

I bet the censorship and bias is A-OK with you though, right?
    Haven’t seen much San’layn begging, though I imagine a lot of the Horde are against them being added.

Either way, the San’layn aren’t a copy of an Alliance race.

- - - Updated - - -

Apply that to yourself, look what you made with your Location and Signature.
    That’s not salt, that’s gloating, because Blizzard is on my side.

5+ Year Old Account
    That’s not salt, that’s gloating, because Blizzard is on my side.
    Gloating over... a discussion that you did not won?

And Blizzard may not be that sided with you, and i'm talking about Ion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gloating over... a discussion that you did not won?

And Blizzard may not be that sided with you, and i'm talking about Ion.
    But I did win. The game director of Blizzard spoke on the company’s behalf and said no. Any further discussion is needless and irrelevant.

5+ Year Old Account
    But I did win. The game director of Blizzard spoke on the company’s behalf and said no. Any further discussion is needless and irrelevant.
    Any further discussion is needless and irrelevant? Uhmm... No?

Look, i know you are in a very comfortable place thinking that you achieved something in where you didn't even participated, but that just shows how pity you are, i recommend you to take of your mental jerking glasses for a moment and read again what you wrote.

Gloating over something that is not real is very clueless if you ask me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any further discussion is needless and irrelevant? Uhmm... No?

Look, i know you are in a very comfortable place thinking that you achieved something in where you didn't even participated, but that just shows how pity you are, i recommend you to take of your mental jerking glasses for a moment and read again what you wrote.

Gloating over something that is not real is very clueless if you ask me.
    It seems you’re the clueless one. You have seen the interview, haven’t you? There are two of them. You’ve been denied twice now.

Your insistence on begging for High Elves is pointless.

5+ Year Old Account
    It seems you’re the clueless one. You have seen the interview, haven’t you? There are two of them. You’ve been denied twice now.

Your insistence on begging for High Elves is pointless.
    I saw them both and discussed the matter here for a month, i know what i'm talking about when saying that what Ion said don't shut the possibility of HE, but ok.

Keep gloating over something that you did not achieved, i hope that makes you feel better with your poor self.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw them both and discussed the matter here for a month, i know what i'm talking about when saying that what Ion said don't shut the possibility of HE, but ok.

Keep gloating over something that you did not achieved, i hope that makes you feel better with your poor self.
    Hey, at least I’m not the one telling people to ‘die already’ like you are over on the EU forums.

You High Elf fans are both delusional and disgusting.