Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    please leave vanilla as it was... no changes!

I am expecting some quality of life changes like Battle.net integration or system menu improvements. But not any in game mechanics should change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Blizzard have already said they are building this as a museum piece instead of a commercial product.
    It's a project to preserve what is, arguably, one of the most iconic pieces of gaming media ever created.

They don't care if it's not commercially successful, and will keep the servers alive as long as there are at least some playing, this means they don't have to appease the masses and can focus on making it as close to the original as possible - warts and all.

That said, it's very likely that game breaking bugs (such as wall walking in BGs/raids, MPQ editing to skip bosses, etc) will be fixed, and the social/security and infrastructure integration from Battle.net will be included.
    10/10 literally how i feel about it, if they released legion services and 60 content then its the complete opposite of the whole trip to classic / nostalgia and takes away from the whole point of doing it, if people don't enjoy it or find it too hard then move on, you were not the target audience to begin with.

5+ Year Old Account
    All ppl love vanilla pvp as long they play warrior/rogue/mage vs Dummies who picked bad broken shaman/druid/warlock , just you wait to see their tears when 90% server population gona be warriors or rogues ..."tons of salt" gona be trown in anyone who go close near that world gankfest.

Normal vanilla movies where naked Rogues killing all with lvl2 dagger 3-5 damage (couz he has static dps on skills 1000+damage that do not scale no up nor down).
    Warrior with Engineering+first aid killing 1vs9 ppl "Just like a RRambo", who was not lucky enough to pick warrior at character selection.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    I hope they don't. I hope it's a separate, heavily discounted sub. That way, only people who really want to play will be there, not tourists.

I suspect they'll try to fleece people with a £7.99 option or something similar, which is too much imo
    how is that too much for everyones wanted quality game with actually competent support instead of some emulator version of that with couple of students as devs?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    It's completely unprofessional and only something that came about in the past 6-7 years. We used to refer to it as Pre-BC Warcraft. Or Original WoW. By green-lighting Classic in response to the success of that private server which started with an N and ended in ostralius, the outcry which came about when it was shutdown, and then inviting their team to the campus, playing on the server, getting their tech, working with them... If you honestly think this is going to be more than a version of Pre-BC WoW with bug fixes you're in some crazy form of denial. I mean I get it... Many people are bored with current WoW and want something to do, but this is not going to be that. There wont be dual-spec, there wont be LFG/LFR, there wont be major balance changes beyond bug fixes because that isn't what Classic/Pre-BC/Vanilla/Original WoW ever was or was meant to be.

You roll a Paladin in a guild that already has their 1 Ret for raiding and you're going to be Holy Spec. Come to grips with that reality before you throw a tantrum when it releases and you're cleansing and healing.
    It is amazing how people are allowed to come to this site and just lie. Vanilla has been a known term for at least 10 years. Pre BC may have come before but not by much. By LK it was known as Vanilla.

The green-lighting might have been a response to the frothy hundreds of people who demanded it, but let us be real here. There was never a successful private server unless you consider bots running around trying to sell each other gold as success. N was a fucking disgrace. If it was anything more than a accept quest, collect/kill and hand in quest, it didn't work. They invited those guys in and that was over 2 years ago, maybe more. What the fuck happened? I bet they got berated for doing such a piss poor job. I would be surprised to see it before Christmas 2020.

I'm looking forward to it, whenever it comes out. It'll take me 6 months or so to get a single 60 because it just doesn't matter. It is content that I did almost 14 years ago and it just isn't important. It's that fuck you game that you play on your phone when you got a few minutes to spare, but on your desktop (casuals use laptops and I refuse to be in the same group with them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    how is that too much for everyones wanted quality game with actually competent support instead of some emulator version of that with couple of students as devs?
    Because it's £9.99 for continual development on retail. Once classic is released, there's no more development work ever, so there's no developer costs.

£2.99 would be fair. £5 absolute max.

In my experience, support on PServers far exceeds Blizzard support anyway.

Blizzard have already said they are building this as a museum piece instead of a commercial product.
    It's a project to preserve what is, arguably, one of the most iconic pieces of gaming media ever created.

They don't care if it's not commercially successful, and will keep the servers alive as long as there are at least some playing, this means they don't have to appease the masses and can focus on making it as close to the original as possible - warts and all.

That said, it's very likely that game breaking bugs (such as wall walking in BGs/raids, MPQ editing to skip bosses, etc) will be fixed, and the social/security and infrastructure integration from Battle.net will be included.
    This is it exactly, or at least it has been what Blizzard has stated. Now of course with Blizzard that is always subject to change, but I think they have at least become ok with the idea that this may be a losing venture. Someone inside of Blizzard finally wanted it done so it is getting done.

From a logical point there is no reason for Blizzard to have two MMO's that play the same. This is another reason Vanilla was chosen, as it is the farthest thing possible from the current version of WoW. Classic will have the ability to bring two distinct group of players while also allowing some bleed over from older players.

When considering Classic, I dont think Blizzard is all that concerned with what its current player base might want from it, they want them sticking with the live version of the game.

As far as the game being more tedious and people not having the time they used too, not a big deal, there is nothing new to try and keep up with, I've got years to consume it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It is amazing how people are allowed to come to this site and just lie. Vanilla has been a known term for at least 10 years. Pre BC may have come before but not by much. By LK it was known as Vanilla.

The green-lighting might have been a response to the frothy hundreds of people who demanded it, but let us be real here. There was never a successful private server unless you consider bots running around trying to sell each other gold as success. N was a fucking disgrace. If it was anything more than a accept quest, collect/kill and hand in quest, it didn't work. They invited those guys in and that was over 2 years ago, maybe more. What the fuck happened? I bet they got berated for doing such a piss poor job. I would be surprised to see it before Christmas 2020.
    I don't remember it being the dominant name for it until post-Wrath. We always used the term Pre-BC even during the birth of the the Wrath Babies. By the time MoP rolled out Vanilla had become the term most people used.

Your second paragraph is basically revisionist history which counters every official release from both the Nost Team and Blizzard regarding what has happened. So if you're going to scream somebody is not telling the truth while telling lies yourself you look silly.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

A. I was 23 when vanilla came out (played since launch), was a blast then and even more fun now
    B. Exploring every spot? Hell the last few times I leveled toons I still found new areas in zones that I was unaware of and I only did horde side.... I can't imagine how long it would take me to see everything on the alliance side
    C. The community on retail has changed but on private servers the community wasn't really that different from original WoW, IMO. Hell they even had the old school chinese gold farmers still.

museum piece doesnt mean it cant be connected smoothly and nicely to retail.

there are many things that could tie those toghether and make nice place for future expansion servers.

fitst thing that comes to mind would be connecting transmog tab from vanilla to retail.

this would bring thousands of additional players to vanilla servers for months.

and would have real monetary value.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Bear in mind, Blizzard is calling it Classic and not Vanilla for a reason. It's more than just marketing. They said a vanilla experience, but I doubt it'll have all the bugs. As for what build? No idea who they're listening to or what they're deciding, maybe we'll go through the patch cycles.

I'd prefer if they released I without quality of life improvements, if you want that, play retail, and this is from a Wrath baby who loves having a mount at level 20. I just want a legit vanilla experience, but we don't know what we're getting yet.
    Blizzard are calling it Classic purely because it's more marketable this way and appears more like an executive product.

World of Warcraft: Vanilla - see how stupid that looks when typed up?

Quote Originally Posted by ossyc View Post
    Blizzard are calling it Classic purely because it's more marketable this way and appears more like an executive product.

World of Warcraft: Vanilla - see how stupid that looks when typed up?
    Looks good to me, especially if they releases it with vanilla ice cream bars! =D

True, it was a known term around the end of BC-beginning of WoTLK, if not before....

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fanatic, however no changes. I want these fucks to get exactly as the deserve. Everything that comes with shitty Vanilla WoW.

I will be playing retail anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Escepticus View Post
    True, it was a known term around the end of BC-beginning of WoTLK, if not before....
    Or, maybe on your realm or your circles people called it that. As I said I never even heard the term Vanilla until Cata.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Or, maybe on your realm or your circles people called it that. As I said I never even heard the term Vanilla until Cata.
    Ok, YOU never heard the term until Cata. That's it. As I said, I heard it, read it (in forums, game sites, etc.) back in the day (I play WoW since may 2005)

I cbf even going back one page to read this terrible argument, but lets make something VERY clear; using the term 'Vanilla' to describe the first in a series is in no way unique to wow.

Many games with multiple dlc/expansion packs such as battlefield have used the term to describe the basic form of the game with no expansions or dlc. But to be clear, someone not being aware of something does not make its use any less valid.