Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is only news because a white woman is the victim of the police brutality. /Yawn Welcome to the club

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Punching someone in the face is using violence, not force. A police should be able to subdue a 20 year old girl without having to use violence...
    Police officers are not superheroes, they can't just magically pin people down with the strength of the Hulk

They're employees trying to do a job that involves potentially getting injured or killed - I expect them to do whatever minimises their risk, and punching a violent man resisting arrest to subdue them seems within that realm

Is it so hard to just tell people: stop trying to punch and kick cops?

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    i completely disagree. spit and kick at me, i'll kick your ass. i'm not a cop, i'm a human being.

would you rather the officer have been like "aww, come on ma'am. ma'am, i'm just doing my job. c'mon, let me put these hand cuffs on you. ma'am, please?"
    I'm not hitting anyone that can't fight back unless I want to kill them.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    because its not illegal to have alcohol outside of a 7-11, it is illegal to have alcohol on the beach.

It is illegal to have open bottles of alcohol sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Police officers are not superheroes, they can't just magically pin people down with the strength of the Hulk

They're employees trying to do a job that involves potentially getting injured or killed - I expect them to do whatever minimises their risk, and punching a violent man resisting arrest to subdue them seems within that realm

She was already pinned and just needed to be cuffed he backed up and said you know what and pinched her several times

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    You should never have to be "subdued" I do not know why there is such a bleeding heart on this forum for wrong doers. She was fighting back so he fought her. Seriously... don't do bad stuff and you don't get into fights with police. WHY IS THIS SO HARD?

Then why are cops trained to subdue?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    It happens, recently also in my own country. See the gif below (shows a women punching a cop and then getting hit back by him, in the face)

https://i.imgur.com/FynbZll.gifv

Although the situation is of course kinda different, still shows it's not smart to fight against a cop in general.

That's the moral of the story for you ?

That was brutal

You should never have to be "subdued" I do not know why there is such a bleeding heart on this forum for wrong doers. She was fighting back so he fought her. Seriously... don't do bad stuff and you don't get into fights with police. WHY IS THIS SO HARD?
    Sure, why not just use his gun and kneecap her while we're at it?

I'm not at all against police using force, or even violence when necessary, but different sitautions calls for different treatment and this was a 20 year old girl already pinned to the ground which makes punching her in the face clearly excessive.

If you think this is an okay treatment in this situation, I think you've watched too many movies where people shrug off being punched in the face as nothing, but that's not how real life works.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post

Again, I'm not saying that I'm against the police punching people in the face in all situations. If there's a violent male agressor who is capable of causing serious harm to others, go for it. This was a 20 year old girl already pinned to the ground, so quite clearly in this situation the police could've handled it without the punching, which was just a result of him getting extremely frustrated, which is quite understandable considering what a complete ass she was, but still not acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Sure, why not just use his gun and kneecap her while we're at it?

I'm not at all against police using force, or even violence when necessary, but different sitautions calls for different treatment and this was a 20 year old girl already pinned to the ground which makes punching her in the face clearly excessive.

If you think this is an okay treatment in this situation, I think you've watched too many movies where people shrug off being punched in the face as nothing, but that's not how real life works.

Again, I'm not saying that I'm against the police punching people in the face in all situations. If there's a violent male agressor who is capable of causing serious harm to others, go for it. This was a 20 year old girl already pinned to the ground, so quite clearly in this situation the police could've handled it without the punching, which was just a result of him getting extremely frustrated, which is quite understandable considering what a complete ass she was, but still not acceptable.
    Actually in this video, which is real life and not a movie, she shrugged it off like it was nothing. He more "hit" her in the side of the face, there was not a lot of force behind it. She still had plenty of fight left in her.

Actually in this video, which is real life and not a movie, she shrugged it off like it was nothing. He more "hit" her in the side of the face, there was not a lot of force behind it. She still had plenty of fight left in her.
    That's a lot of specifics for a shaky personal cam that wasn't even on her during the impact, and during conflicts the body produces adrenaline and endorphines so people can appear to shrug off more than they actually do, but fair enough my comment about watching too many movies was probably uncalled for. It's not like he was hitting her with serious intent to injure, and she does appears to be fine.

Still excessive though.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    So the cop didn’t just punch a woman, he punched a minor...
    "Minor" is generally someone under the age of 18. At 18, you're legally an adult, but not allowed to buy/drink alcohol until 21.

Quote Originally Posted by PaterMDx View Post
    it wasn't excessive at all, this wannabe minor (20 years old lol!) learned her lesson now.
    An officer does not have the right to punch an unarmed citizen. So yes, it was excessive.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Secretly I am hoping for a day when general off topic is used for more than discussion of controversial stuff. Be nice to see more... y'know, uplifting threads here, rather than drama this, drama that...
    But how else will people who feel insignificant have a chance to feel for a seconds that they matter in the grand scheme of things?

99% of the threads that show up in OT are things that:

* No one here can do anything about.
    * No one here wants to do anything about.

Why? Because its easier to whine, gripe, moan, and armchair psychoanalyze everything without having to make a real commitment to change. A real commitment would require risk. No one on this board wants to risk anything because nothing on this board is worth risking themselves over. They'd rather post endlessly about things they can't change and feel like they did something; kinda like how people pray and think to themselves, "Look at me! I'm helping!"

It becomes even more saddening when you realize that aside from a post count, there's literally no incentive for these people to continue doing it. There's no upvotes, no likes, no karma, no retweets. It's the laziest kind of narcissism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    What was the citation for? Passing two breath tests?

- - - Updated - - -

Being near a bottle of alcohol is case closed? Really?

Why not stake out a 711?
    I cited new jersey law a few pages ago try looking there. It is illegal for a minor to be in possession of alcohol. The bottle was in their possession, they admitted it was being watched by them. There was no person of age in the vicinity. If you aren't smart enough to connect the dots, there's not a lot I can do to help you figure it out.

How about this: If you don't want to risk being punched or physically restrained by a cop, how about you don't commit any crimes?

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    It is illegal for a minor to be in possession of alcohol. The bottle was in their possession, they admitted it was being watched by them.
    It has not been proven they did possess it. Have they found the witnesses?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    how about you don't commit any crimes?
    No crime was committed. The request of ID was invalid, and the arrest illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyduke View Post
    How about this: If you don't want to risk being punched or physically restrained by a cop, how about you don't commit any crimes?
    This guy gets it. Why can't the rest of you figure this out?

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It has not been proven they did possess it. Have they found the witnesses?

- - - Updated - - -

No crime was committed. The request of ID was invalid, and the arrest illegal.
    She's holding a container with an alcoholic beverage in her hands, and yet you're trying to argue whether or not she's in possession of it? Are you serious?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    She's holding a container with an alcoholic beverage in her hands
    It's a beach with a ton of people in it. The bag could be anyone's. Also, timecode of the moment she is holding it, please.

Punching the woman just seemed stupid to me.. it was more akin to venting frustration than out of necessity

15+ Year Old Account
    Pussypass denied XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It's a beach with a ton of people in it. The bag could be anyone's. Also, timecode of the moment she is holding it, please.
    THAT'S the argument you want to make? "That's not my gun/drugs/other illegal thing, officer. Honest." Look, I get that you're insanely anti-police but this is getting ridiculous.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Pussypass denied XD
    Seriously, if it was a man who was kicking, spitting, and hitting the office, I am 100% certain the "force" would have been a lot more by the police. People are upset because they see a smaller built white female getting hit, but if it was a male they likely wouldn't care. The office barely even hits her, she doesn't even looked fazed by it.

The people saying "how does the officer know she was in possession of the beverage", how would you expect the officer to know that it wasn't hers? Shes the ONLY person there with all the alcohol (which is illegal to drink in public, and have on the beach). She failed a breathalyzer? cool, maybe she literally just got there and hadn't started getting drunk. The only other way to determine would be to detain her, and wait for a possible family member to arrive to claim responsibility for breaking the law. Oh wait, to detain her they would need to put cuffs on her, and she reacted like a lunatic when they tried.