Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    Think of it like this: you've been playing a puzzle game with some action segments, but mostly puzzles for over a decade over different installments. Then they announce a new one. Cool, right? All the puzzles are optional and the combat is now the main centerpiece along with shoving as much gore in your face as possible to "attract a new audience" suddenly this thing that's been your thing for basically ever is drastically changed for people who normally wouldn't give it the time of day and your complaints are all brushed aside because it's "Not a game for you" anymore.
    I disagree, this game has always been about being a multiplayer shooter. People often praise BF: BC because of GAMEPLAY elements, not historical accuracy. I mean PLAY THE F******** GAME FIRST before passing judgement.

Ahahaha people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    If you care about games, then you should want them to be as fun and appealing to as many people as possible, not preserving them as the last refuge of fragile white masculinity. And if you really want to be respectful to history, you shouldn't be making a video game out of the war at all, because it really does demean the memory of the conflict and the sacrifices that people made to turn it into something fun and exciting.
    Unless playing as a girl guves different perks, what fun does it add when a very small minority of girls even play bf? Its honestly going to cost more in sales than if they didnt do this at all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    I disagree, this game has always been about being a multiplayer shooter. People often praise BF: BC because of GAMEPLAY elements, not historical accuracy. I mean PLAY THE F******** GAME FIRST before passing judgement.

Ahahaha people.
    yeah, and BF BC wasn't a main title. it was made just for the sake of being silly, awesome fun. this is a main title. people have expectations.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

I'm not a fan of the aesthetics. It's a shame that so many mainstream games are suddenly so fascinated with 'gritty' looking characters with partially shaved heads, face paint, scars and missing limbs.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    yeah, and BF BC wasn't a main title. it was made just for the sake of being silly, awesome fun. this is a main title. people have expectations.
    Certain kinds of people anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Hahaha, you are so desperate to virtual signal your feminist credentials you don't even understand what you arguing against. Oh well, I'd better head off to the next "there's too many vaginas in World of Warcraft" rally.
    Again whatever you say because you may deny it and say all your complaining is about "historical accuracy" and "immersion" I know for a fact you wouldn't care maybe even excited for the game if the woman in the trailer was a your typical video game character white and male. In the end though you may say I am virtue signalling or whatever but I rather do that then be some women hater who flips his lid over women being in a war game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You probably do, yeah. If you're upset about this, you need to go outside. Maybe get a job. Have some personal responsibility so you don't fret over a depiction of a soldier in a video game based.
    And if i dont like sex and do those things? Do you have an actual argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Unless playing as a girl guves different perks, what fun does it add when a very small minority of girls even play bf? Its honestly going to cost more in sales than if they didnt do this at all.
    Maybe, but in the long term the games industry really wants to make their product more accessible to people outside of that stereotypical basement dwelling loser demographic, and it's worth putting out a few dud games if it means slowly changing how games are perceived by the public.

And if i dont like sex and do those things? Do you have an actual argument?
    I like how you kept arguing about my "non argument" and when I point you to my FIRST post you suddenly STFU. And now you're repeating it with this fella. Effing LOL.

I think he isn't saying to do those specific things, but maybe do things to improve your mental state because you're coming across as a little unstable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but in the long term the games industry really wants to make their product more accessible to people outside of that stereotypical basement dwelling loser demographic, and it's worth putting out a few dud games if it means slowly changing how games are perceived by the public.
    How is lower sales going to fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    You're missing out on life, perhaps a bit too obsessed with some or many things.
    I didnt realize life was sex, a job and going outside. Huh.
    I like how you kept arguing about my "non argument" and when I point you to my FIRST post you suddenly STFU. And now you're repeating it with this fella. Effing LOL.

I think he isn't saying to do those specific things, but maybe do things to improve your mental state because you're coming across as a little unstable.
    Probably because im not going to find your post. Also im coming across as unstable by saying a company is making a stupid desicion? You people are weird.

Probably because im not going to find your post. Also im coming across as unstable by saying a company is making a stupid desicion? You people are weird.
    The reasons and way of doing it, yes. And my post is literally a couple back from my response to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    The reasons and way of doing it, yes. And my post is literally a couple back from my response to you.
    This, by triple a studios own admissions by virtue of having a girl on the cover, is going to lower their sales for this game. You dont think thats stupid for business? Im unstable for pointing that out?
    Last edited by Video Games; 2018-06-04 at 03:06 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Certain kinds of people anyway
    yes, the kind of people who actually play the games, which you have stated that you have no interest in.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

7+ Year Old Account
    I like how people seem to mix up game mechanics vs immersion and realism.

Game Mechanic: Shooting guns, rezzing people, dropping ammo.

Realism: World War 2 featuring only certain types of weapons, tanks, aircraft ect. Having a certain appearance and types of sounds.

Game mechanics are fine, since they don't disrupt the setting.

Ruining the realism for forced diversity is not.

If we are going to have frontline women / minorities in the axis and allies, you might as well have them riding dinosaurs and firing laser guns. After all, laser guns are just as realistic as women fighting on the front on the war.

BF5 trying to act like this is some serious depiction of WW2 is hilarious at best, sad at worst. How long until idiots actually think women and minorities actually fought in most settings during that era? Women had a major role back home in the factories or as nurses or backline support, but the frontline mainly was men shooting other men. White men, mostly, as time was not kind to minorities during that day and age either.
    Last edited by BuckSparkles; 2018-06-04 at 03:09 AM.

Sounds like Disney Star Wars all over again. So you believe it's better to piss off your core demographic in the hope a different demographic might become interested? Sounds legit. Well DICE better hope tens of thousands of women suddenly start liking shooter games, else they may find sales a little disappointing.

This, by triple a studios own admissions by virtue of having a girl on the cover, is going to lower their sales for this game. You dont think thats stupid for business? Im unstable for pointing that out?
    So far you have been extremely selective in choosing only certain parts of your argument and others to justify your reasoning. If you can't see that then I don't see a point in arguing with ya.

Take care.

15+ Year Old Account
    So far you have been extremely selective in choosing only certain parts of your argument and others to justify your reasoning. If you can't see that then I don't see a point in arguing with ya.

Take care.
    Because im being objective that its a stupid reason by their own admission. My personal feelings are i dont care because im fine with ea dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Sounds like Disney Star Wars all over again. So you believe it's better to piss off your core demographic in the hope a different demographic might become interested? Sounds legit. Well DICE better hope tens of thousands of women suddenly start liking shooter games, else they may find sales a little disappointing.
    I imagine they'd be okay with that. The thing is, publishers find the stereotypical hardcore gamer to be repulsive and are generally embarrassed to have them as customers, and so losing a few of them is more than made up by the boost in the company's reputation. There's a reason why they are constantly trying to chase after the casual gamer even after repeatedly failing to do so, even if they could make good money bilking the hardcore crowd, they're eager to shed the stigma of having those types of people be their core demographic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I imagine they'd be okay with that. The thing is, publishers find the stereotypical hardcore gamer to be repulsive and are generally embarrassed to have them as customers, and so losing a few of them is more than made up by the boost in the company's reputation. There's a reason why they are constantly trying to chase after the casual gamer even after repeatedly failing to do so, even if they could make good money bilking the hardcore crowd, they're eager to shed the stigma of having those types of people be their core demographic.
    I definitely need a citation for that.

I'm hesitant to reply because I'm not sure you are serious.

If they don't like their customers...shouldn't they diverse into a different industry? Or at least a different gaming genre? If you're right it's certainly a unique business position and one doomed to failure. I can't think of too many studios who advertise they offer a basement dwelling loser free service. Actually never mind. The more I think of it the more stupider it sounds and I now realise you're not serious.