If money wasn't a limiting factor...

And now you decide you want to make for yourself, the most RPG and Lore heavy class to race combinations for all of the 12 classes in WoW and on your account.

What class/race combinations in WoW comprise the most immersive 12 man roster? Which combinations take the most inspiration from the source material. I'm keen to see your lists!

Quick and off-the-cuff:

Demon Hunter- Blood Elf
    Death knight- Human
    Druid- Night Elf
    Hunter- Tauren
    Mage- Human or Blood Elf
    Monk- Pandaren
    Paladin- Human
    Priest- Draenei
    Rogue- Human
    Shaman- Orc
    Warlock- Orc
    Warrior- Orc

I think, more than anything else, this shows to me the amount of lore, organizations, and NPCs that exist (or originally existed) for certain races versus others. When I try to think of "Iconic" or "lore heavy" characters or organizations related to each class, the majority are human and orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Demon Hunter- Blood Elf
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I think, more than anything else, this shows to me the amount of lore, organizations, and NPCs that exist (or originally existed) for certain races versus others. When I try to think of "Iconic" or "lore heavy" characters or organizations related to each class, the majority are human and orc.
    You might want to check your lore on this one. Just sayin.

I tried to come up with my own list, but it's really hard for some classes. For example, i would put Female Night Elf as the most iconic Priest character - simply because Elune is the only real diety in the universe and for the "Holy Light"-Priests it's hard to justify a difference to the paladin races.
    Also, the most famous rogue in Warcraft is definetly Garona. But i would NOT put Orc as my rogue race. Still, going by the lore, it should be.
    Similarily for mage...basically ALL the famous Warcraft mages were Human, yet i would prefer one of the elven races or even Undead as my mage.

If you go strictly by "what is displayed most prominently in the official lore?" you will end up with human for an awful lot of classes...sadly.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2018-06-04 at 06:39 AM.

Here's my list---

Belf--mage
    Goblin--rogue
    Troll--shaman
    Tauren--shaman
    Orc--warrior
    Forsaken--warlock
    Nelf--druid,priest
    Gnome--mage
    Dwarf--hunter, warrior
    Human--paladin, rogue
    Draenai--paladin, priest
    Worgen--warrior

On a couple of these I 'cheated' and listed two because I could see both options as equally viable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Death Knight - Undead
    Demon Hunter - Blood Elf
    Druid - Night Elf
    Hunter - Troll
    Mage - Gnome
    Monk - Pandaren
    Paladin - Dwarf
    Priest - Draenei
    Rogue - Human
    Shaman - Tauren
    Warlock - Goblin
    Warrior - Orc
    Last edited by Razion; 2018-06-10 at 10:59 AM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Death Knight - Human
    Demon Hunter - Night Elf (can't see where BE comes from on this)
    Druid - Night Elf
    Hunter - Night / Blood Elf
    Mage - Human / Blood Elf
    Monk - Pandaren
    Paladin - Human
    Priest - Draenei / Dwarf But best Shadow wielders: Forsaken.
    Rogue - Human
    Shaman - Tauren / Orc / Troll
    Warlock - Orc
    Warrior - Orc / Human

Gnomes/Goblins don't have a class which they could be main representatives of. They are known for their machines. Maybe a tinker is in order after all? W/e. Worgen matches with Warlock imo, but not that heavy representation.
    Last edited by Amaterasu65; 2018-06-04 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Right. Because Varedis Felsoul wasn't a Demon Hunter prodigy or anything.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Paladin - Human
    Warrior - Orc
    Death Knight - Human
    Shaman - Troll
    Hunter - Blood Elf
    Druid - Tauren
    Rogue - Blood Elf
    Demon Hunter - Night Elf
    Monk - Pandaren
    Mage - Nightborne
    Priest - Draenei
    Warlock - Orc

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post

I tried to come up with my own list, but it's really hard for some classes. For example, i would put Female Night Elf as the most iconic Priest character - simply because Elune is the only real diety in the universe and for the "Holy Light"-Priests it's hard to justify a difference to the paladin races.
    Also, the most famous rogue in Warcraft is definetly Garona. But i would NOT put Orc as my rogue race. Still, going by the lore, it should be.
    Similarily for mage...basically ALL the famous Warcraft mages were Human, yet i would prefer one of the elven races or even Undead as my mage.

If you go strictly by "what is displayed most prominently in the official lore?" you will end up with human for an awful lot of classes...sadly.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but even though the most famous single Demon Hunter is a Night Elf, the vast majority of that actual Illidari organization that he trained were Blood Elves from Kael's forces, and Illidari in their original appearance in TBC were exclusively Blood Elves, and those are the Demon Hunters that are playable characters.

If I were to make my own choices based on what I find most interesting or appealing, my list would be pretty different- but the way that Priest plays and the theme of their abilities has moved far away from the Moon Priestess of yore.

Exactly what I'm saying seems to be the same thing you are- My list is based on "most prominence" in official lore (but includes organizations as a whole rather than just 'the most well known individual NPC,' hence the use of Human for rogue considering SI7 and Ravenholdt), and it's got a vast majority of human and orc as a result.

Why would money be a limiting factor in this situation?

That roster of 12 classes would be exactly the same as it is now for me:

Tauren Warrior Berno Ironhoof
    Human Paladin Frugon Nadell
    Dwarf Hunter Gemil Driebeard
    Goblin Rogue Rozzle Gobbletop
    Undead Priest Anubos Rotteneyes
    Orc Shaman Zorgen Stormbringer
    Troll Mage Dange Tung
    Worgen Warlock Cedrad Howley
    Night Elf Druid Krukon Feralwoods
    Pandaren Monk Leechong Wong
    Draenei Death Knight Ruphus the Corruptor
    Blood Elf Demon Hunter Manalin Starberry

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Demon Hunter- Night Elf
    Death knight- Orc
    Druid- Night Elf
    Hunter- ? I think Tauren/NE/Trolls/Orcs all have equal claim to this one.
    Mage- Human
    Monk- Pandaren
    Paladin- Human
    Priest- Human
    Rogue- Gnome/Goblin
    Shaman- Orc
    Warlock- Orc
    Warrior- Orc

So yeah there is a lot of Orc and Human in there. That isn't to say that other races don't get fair representation in terms of lore elsewhere though. Night Elves and Draenei get huge amounts of story involvement all the time.

Warrior - Orc. Grom, Garrosh, Blackhand, Doomhammer, Bladefist, Deadeye, orcs have pretty much always been portrayed as clans full of warriors led by a strong warrior leader. It's basically what they are.

Paladin - Human. Arthas, Uther, Tirion, Turalyon and the whole class in War2 and War3 were all humans.

Death Knight - Undead. All the way through War2 and War3 they were undead units. What Arthas was in WoW is debatable, he didn't look quite undead, but I'm still going for it.

Shaman - Orc. Thrall is the most iconic one, and in War3 the shaman class belonged to the Orcs.

Hunter - Dwarf. The most iconic hunters are Rexxar and Alleria, none of who are playable races, so I'm going with the wow intro cinematic dwarf to represent the class.

Rogue - Blood elf. This one is the loosest of them all and I'm simply going blood elf due to Valeera and her being the hearthstone representative. Even had to google her name, shows how influential she is. Could've been Orc for Garona or Human for Vanessa as well. The class just doesn't have any larger-than-life role models or race connotations or anything.

Druid - Night elf. Malfurion is the obvious reason, and in War3 half of the race - every single male - was a druid except for Illidan. Cenarius is hugely night-elf inspired too.

Monk - Pandas. Duh.

Demon Hunter - Night Elf. Illidan is pretty much _the_ demon hunter, and the whole class were originally demon hunters in War3.

Mage - Human. Khadgar. Jaina. The entire council in Dalaran. Easy human.

Warlock - Orc. Gul'dan pretty much has monopoly on the class.

Priest - Draenei. This one is a bit tricky but priests are represented by light and shadows, think Naarus, think Draeneis. But this one is a big vague.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2018-06-04 at 06:11 PM.