Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Summon @breadisfunny - spacegoats invade the nexus!

She's a vindacator, and its a good thing she doenst follow the usual paladin structure. more space for the other paladins.

Really her actual aiblities and talents are much better than what would have resulted from trying to adhere to closely to class structure rather than character and lore thematics.

Deleted
    I like her kit a lot, will definitely buy her. Nice to get another brawl tank

So I like her kit, model and playstyle.

However I cannot fucking stand her alternate skin:

Sort of seems like it should have been an Eredar (Tyrant Velari) instead of something you might get out of a HotS anniversary bundle.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

The fact that she's using a 2h hammer and has the historically-retribution-themed wings as a baseline and is a tank is incredibly disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So? Their kits would obviously be much different and Tirion is very much a better character than Yrel.
    And they would still fill the same fantasy of old bearded holy warrior hero? Your best chances at getting Tirion ever would be as a skin for Uther and even that would be wishful thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm oddly conflicted...

Yrel looks great, super fun looking kit with some excellent looking synergy.

But she's a Ret... That's a warrior. This drastically reduces the chances of getting a Prot Paladin themed hero... basically ever.

But while her kit DOES look awesome, the fact that all her abilities are channeled AND are hugely telegraphed is basically a giant flashing beacon that says "INTERUPT ME, NOW!" so using her against anything other that bots, or a very rare no hard CC team is going to be tricky, to say the least.

But she DOES get released with a similar to, but legally distinct from Harley Quinn skin.

GAH. Fuck it, I'll probably pick her up.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Talk about random hero. No idea why would they go with her for ret paladin, and not tirion.
    My bet is it's literally because she is a female. Got to sell them virtual curves m8. Same reason all the Diablo nephalim characters are female except the witchdoctor who would have been problematic to sexualize. I must admit though, I wish they would have tried.

My concern is with how op jumping in with AW and then trait casting your knock back is going to be. Imagine aoe diablo disposition abilities. Also the divine steed trait... I can't imagine how thats not broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    Same reason all the Diablo nephalim characters are female except the witchdoctor who would have been problematic to sexualize.
    Kharazim and Xul are girls?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Kharazim and Xul are girls?
    100%, you heard that here first.

Harley queen Yrel.

But not Crusader Yrel, or Eredar Yrel? Pffffttt, its seems this game has a bad demographic.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

A demon Yrel is very likely to happen, be it Diablo or Eredar themed.

But first, I think the HotS team needs to polish her walking animation. From what I've seen, it looks a bit stiff, and there doesn't seem to be much weight in her steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonazak View Post
    Harley queen Yrel.

But not Crusader Yrel, or Eredar Yrel? Pffffttt, its seems this game has a bad demographic.
    Joker Junkrat needs his Harley

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks really fun, still stand by my thoughts that Maraad would have been a better Draenei pick. Though, if it had to be female I would have much rather had Lady Liadrin fill the Ret paladin roll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Though, if it had to be female I would have much rather had Lady Liadrin fill the Ret paladin roll.
    She still can. Y'rel's kit in no way represents a ret pally kit. Vindication? A knockback? A leap with a slow? A tank, complete with Ardent Defender, and no Crusader Strike, Templar's, Judgement? She wields a 2h weapon, but no way in hell is Y'rel a ret pally in HotS. Incredibly disappointing kit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    She still can. Y'rel's kit in no way represents a ret pally kit. Vindication? A knockback? A leap with a slow? A tank, complete with Ardent Defender, and no Crusader Strike, Templar's, Judgement? She wields a 2h weapon, but no way in hell is Y'rel a ret pally in HotS. Incredibly disappointing kit.
    WoW classes aren't firmly indicative of a hero's kit, especially when it comes to major lore characters. They often don't adhere to a particular spec, or even class, even in WoW. Examples:

Rehgar is a fighter. In lore, he's a front-line scrappy gladiator, possibly Enhancement, but in HotS he has a Resto kit.
    Thrall is a master of the elements, possibly the most powerful Elemental shaman Azeroth has ever known, but his HotS kit includes a mix of Ele and Enhance
    Gul'dan has iconic abilities from both Affliction and Destruction
    Malfurion blends Resto and Balance
    Tyrande is technically a Priest(ess), but she's always been depicted as a skilled archer
    Valeera borrows iconic rogue moves from both Assass and Sub
    Arthas has mixtures of all three DK specs
    Uther has friggin DIVINE STORM for Christ's sake.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    She looks fun but why not Marrad?
    Who will the fan artists want to draw more? Tentacle muscle head? Or Goat Tits and Ass? I mean look at the alternate costumes, that metal chest plate must come with a compression wrap. Otherwise she is stuffing the hell out of her cloth costumes.

Deleted
    Oh dear, so many talents named after all those characters that she got killed.

A curious choice, but to be fair, compared to other paladins, who are all very stoic, stern and basic, Yrel's more of a disarmingly cutesy and goofy airhead, and comical relief is always good in a MOBA! Not to mention that clumsy naivete and wholesome optimism of hers.

She seems to be quite the heavy hitter, with lots of nice ways to mess the enemy up. Has that lovely ETC knockback style, except Yrel can jump out of the Fog of War more easily, over obstacles, to knock things back. Think she'll be quite the toughie, even if faced with many enemy stuns!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not Protoss Yrel skin? Sad.

I mean having Johanna and a prot pally would really be a waste of a slot imo especially now that Yrel is here. I know crusaders and prot pallies are not the same thing.