Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    64 bit has been widespread since Vista and has been the standard since Win 7.
    As far as hardware, anything since dual-core exists has 64 bit capability. Longer if we're talking AMD.

As usual people are going to cry just to cry because a quick look at steam's hardware survey shows that not even 2.5% of users are on 32 bit.
    If you really think any company is going to keep them selves from changing something because of a theoretical 2.5% of the gaming population... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This.

Intel HD 630 on the chips actually do quite well on low/low-medium settings.
    I actually play on a Intel HD 530 at #4 Settings on a 2560x1080 monitor just fine even on raids. The 630 probably has the same performance on #5.
    Last edited by m4xc4v413r4; 2018-06-04 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Felthan View Post
    Kinda of a short notice, doesn't effect me but you would think they would give at least 6 months heads up for BFA.
    Not really a short notice. 64bit computers have been standard for over half of WoW's life. Plus, BfA's minimum requirements state 64bit, and those have been available since before BfA's alpha started. People have had months, effectively years, to move on to 64bit. Someone has to be super lazy or actively trying to stay on 32bit in order to not have a 64bit system while gaming.

I'm also confident that even cost is not an excuse, it's been years since "new" computers were 32bit. My computer was "prebuilt" and sent to me in 2011 and I didn't even have a 32bit option when ordering. I get it, many gamers could have hand-me-downs or something they can afford, but even the hand-me-downs and affordable computers they would need to actually run WoW in the last few years should all be 64bit naturally.

I remember finding out my dilapidated laptop I had before 2011 supported 64bit even though it came with a 32bit OS. I remember installing the Win7 RC 64bit on my crap laptop. Everyone should be able to install a 64bit OS and should at least check their computer.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    64 bit has been widespread since Vista and has been the standard since Win 7.
    As far as hardware, anything since dual-core exists has 64 bit capability. Longer if we're talking AMD.

As usual people are going to cry just to cry because a quick look at steam's hardware survey shows that not even 2.5% of users are on 32 bit.
    If you really think any company is going to keep them selves from changing something because of a theoretical 2.5% of the gaming population... lol

I actually play on a Intel HD 530 at #4 Settings on a 2560x1080 monitor just fine even on raids. The 630 probably has the same performance on #5.
    Plus if the rumours about Intel making a GPU are true I imagine that thing will be either a budget card or something cheaper than it's rivals.

They just need to get it over with already and release Classic on PS4 and then progress through the game again from there. I couldn't be arsed to ever game on a PC again. I'm over sitting in an office chair and playing at a Desk. I love to kick back in the Recliner and play some Conan Exiles, or Overwatch. Just recently been playing Tera and it plays great on the Console.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    They just need to get it over with already and release Classic on PS4 and then progress through the game again from there. I couldn't be arsed to ever game on a PC again. I'm over sitting in an office chair and playing at a Desk. I love to kick back in the Recliner and play some Conan Exiles, or Overwatch. Just recently been playing Tera and it plays great on the Console.
    If they release it on PS4 however unlikely it is they aren't going to start at Classic lol.

It will start at BFA or w/e the current expansion is. They aren't going to maintain a relaunch of WoW, a classic server and the retail version on PC altogether.

Tera isn't missing content by choice on PS4 either. It's because it was rushed a bit. Not saying it's bad but it was definitely rushed to get it ready.

Also dropping 32 bit has nothing to do with consoles. It's to do with the fact that barely anyone is using that client and the architecture needed to maintain it is ancient/outdated.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-04 at 09:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Whelp, guess I'm done with WoW now.
    Strange that in one of your earlier posts you say about the Beta (which requires a 64-bit client to run btw) "Definitely faster and smoother than it is on live atm. Beta feels like you have a better version of Katsuos on at all times.", so why again are you done with WoW?

And, of course, even here some people complain that Blizzard does not support their decade old stuff.
    Please...

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If they release it on PS4 however unlikely it is they aren't going to start at Classic lol.

It will start at BFA or w/e the current expansion is. They aren't going to maintain a relaunch of WoW, a classic server and the retail version on PC altogether.

Tera isn't missing content by choice on PS4 either. It's because it was rushed a bit. Not saying it's bad but it was definitely rushed to get it ready.

Also dropping 32 bit has nothing to do with consoles. It's to do with the fact that barely anyone is using that client and the architecture needed to maintain it is ancient/outdated.
    I just figured they would do it like Diablo and release the base game first then move on from there. I'm just saying that PC gaming as a whole is dying IMO, a lot of gamers grow up and don't want to sit at a desk, but rather be comfortable and relax after work and just sit back and rock out a game on a couch with a controller. I just hope after playing Tera that they release WOW on console, Tera plays amazingly and Wow should work out just fine. I see changes like these and the pruning and can only hope they are gearing up to do a console release.

I just figured they would do it like Diablo and release the base game first then move on from there. I'm just saying that PC gaming as a whole is dying IMO, a lot of gamers grow up and don't want to sit at a desk, but rather be comfortable and relax after work and just sit back and rock out a game on a couch with a controller. I just hope after playing Tera that they release WOW on console, Tera plays amazingly and Wow should work out just fine. I see changes like these and the pruning and can only hope they are gearing up to do a console release.
    But to some of us even getting older, i view controllers as the anti christ of gaming, I dont touch consoles for any reason way shape or form. I also dislike console treadmill considering they all hate the backwards compatibility concept. The last console game I truly played to completion was the .hack//GU trilogy when it first came out and that was more of being a .hack fanatic than wanting to play a console game.

They only did that for the PS3/360 version of Diablo 3 because Reaper wasn't out yet. PS3/360 version was 2013. Reaper of Souls was March 14th 2014 and the PS4/XB1 versions came out on August 19th 2014 as the Ultimate Evil Edition. There is an Ultimate Evil Edition for PS3/360 as well but it's irrelevant because Blizzard don't support it.

And that version is not even supported anymore. It's still on patch 2.0. The PS4/XB1 versions are upto date and have things like seasons.

Diablo 3 is the one exception but the version that is one that doesn't get official support anymore. Nor was the expansion for Diablo 3 out when it came to PS3/460.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-06-04 at 10:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not new, they've said it a few time in the past. 32 bit is getting harder to keep up with the game, even more so since it's bottlenecking a lot of new tech.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    But to some of us even getting older, i view controllers as the anti christ of gaming, I dont touch consoles for any reason way shape or form. I also dislike console treadmill considering they all hate the backwards compatibility concept. The last console game I truly played to completion was the .hack//GU trilogy when it first came out and that was more of being a .hack fanatic than wanting to play a console game.
    I hate single player games and story mode RPG's I can't play them after getting into MMO's I can only play MMO's and multi player aspects of other games. I play a lot of ARK, Conan, Overwatch, and now TERA. Played DCUO for a long time on PS4, but my friend and gaming buddy started playing something else and I just never came back to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    Strange that in one of your earlier posts you say about the Beta (which requires a 64-bit client to run btw) "Definitely faster and smoother than it is on live atm. Beta feels like you have a better version of Katsuos on at all times.", so why again are you done with WoW?
    Damn, caught in a trolling attempt. :P

This is my current system.....but with 32-bit W10 installed :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    I'm 38 and while I agree with some of your posts, I can't really view you as hardcore if you totally dismiss controllers like that. Playing MMOs with a controller and being good at it is pretty hardcore IMO. Same with some fighting games vs using an arcade stick. I hate playing MMOs with controllers btw.

Also, a lot of games are also just straight up ass playing with a KB and M so I always have three controllers (Wii U Pro, Switch, and arcade stick) hooked up to my PC at all times.

I also have a Nintendo Switch hooked up to my 2nd monitor.
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2018-06-04 at 11:57 PM.

Maybe all the people whining about needing technology more than a decade old need to use the 32-bit client for certain, uh, ToS-breaking purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    I'm curious how many people are actually using 32-bit WoW at this point.
    Honorbuddy (the bot) uses 32-bit WoW to bot, so the botters will be mad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymonic View Post
    Fighting against a warlock is about being under a constant barrage of smaller spells that chip away at your health. During the fight you would constantly be trying to do enough damage to the warlock to kill him before his spells build to critical mass, killing you. Warlocks prefer a very blatant display of their power. Walking around with their minions, or having their spells scorch the very earth they are battling upon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfomania View Post
    Honorbuddy (the bot) uses 32-bit WoW to bot, so the botters will be mad.
    Honorbuddy has been dead for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Warrior View Post
    Why does Blizzard hate poor people (((
    This will free up resources almost across the board but especially in QA. Moving to a 64-bit client only is a huge benefit to the game.
    Sealth [Cenarius] Priest

What in gods name are anyone still using a 32bit only OS for Windows Platform?

Did you happen to know the facts!!

The first AMD64-based processor, the Opteron, was released in April 2003.

The first processor to implement Intel 64 was the multi-socket processor Xeon code-named Nocona in June 2004.

Welcome to 2018.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    I'm curious how many people are actually using 32-bit WoW at this point.
    i'd like to see a damn poll for that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Felthan View Post
    Kinda of a short notice, doesn't effect me but you would think they would give at least 6 months heads up for BFA.
    You mean - a year or so isn't long enough ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.