Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope they explain their ladyboners for Humans.

I really, REALLY dislike the inconsistency Blizz has when it comes to Sylvanas' eyes.
    She gets completely red, no-pupil dead eyes in one thing, and in the immediate next official art she has normal eyes but with a red tint.
    Plus, I think this reunion is now meaningless... I mean, Alleria already jumped on the human potential bandwagon, so there really isn't much that could change or be affected by this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Goddess View Post
    It's in theatres now... coming this summer: Three Sisters. In a Van. And then a Meteor hit... and they ran as fast as they could from giant cat monsters... and then a giant tornado came.. and that's when things got.. knocked into 12th gear.

A Mexican.. armada shows up with weapons made from to-tomatoes and you better bet your bottom dollar that these three sisters know how to handle business! IN! ALIEN... UH INVASION TOMATO MONSTER MEXICAN ARMADA SISTERS WHO ARE JUST REGULAR SISTERS RUNNING IN A VAN FROM A ASTEROID AND ALL SORTS OF THINGS the movie!

HOLD ON! There's more! Old women are comin' and they're also in the movie and they're gonna come and cross attack these three sisters, but let's get back to the sisters because they're-they've got a strong bond.. you don't wanna know about it here, but I'll tell ya one thing: THE MOON! it comes crashing into Earth and whaddya do then? it's Three Sisters... and a.. and.. and they're gonna.. it's called Three Sisters. It's just called Three Sisters.
    Thanks, I lol'd!

That is still one of my favorite scenes in that series.

Horrible artstyle and written by Golden and that hack Robinson. I think I'll pass on this one. Call me when something with good art written by Brooks or Burns pops up.

10+ Year Old Account
    remember this is not an alliance comic, it is a horde one. after all it features fair skinned elves, and they are waiting for us in the horde, right?

/sarcasm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yeah, kinda funny how they all ended up with humans.

I guess they like beefy Chads more than the girly Elf dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    she doesn't even know she's undead yet (possibly), a short scene on argus makes it sound like she may be about to find out, but we don't know until the comic comes out. the horde destroyed their lives, it's 100% healthy and normal to not have any reason whatsoever to believe that her being a warchief is somewhat ok
    She stopped hating the horde when on Draenor as in the book Beyond Dark Portal. If she was written consistently then she wouldn't have marched to Lor'themar with a message from Anduin she would have asked "What has hapened while I was away." and she would have rationally gone "Right so Human fucked us up leading mindless undead, then Human fucked us up by trying to execute our royal leader who was just helping the alliance, humans again fucked us up by pretending to be diplomatic and instead sending a dwarf and night elves to destroy our only defenses. While my sister saved our people for no reason other than to help. Then just a couple years ago a human once again fucked up and you're telling me my other sister helped with a massacre of our own people for just having green eyes? So why am I siding with humans when I am a Thalassian nationalist?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post
    I really, REALLY dislike the inconsistency Blizz has when it comes to Sylvanas' eyes.
    She gets completely red, no-pupil dead eyes in one thing, and in the immediate next official art she has normal eyes but with a red tint.
    Plus, I think this reunion is now meaningless... I mean, Alleria already jumped on the human potential bandwagon, so there really isn't much that could change or be affected by this.
    Yeah I really disliked that. Alleria's supposedly been away for a thousand years, and she picks a faction and dismisses Sylvanas' motivations without actually even meeting her? Surely she's gotten over her dislike of the Horde enough in a thousand years to at least listen to Sylvanas first.

I don't know. Maybe it's explainable by the fact that Vereesa was there, whispering in her ear and telling her how Sylvanas is secretly Hitler or something, but they never actually stated that anywhere.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    So why am I siding with humans when I am a Thalassian nationalist?"
    Man, imagine the dilemma: Turalyon will be 100% Alliance, no ifs or buts, and Alleria would have to choose between her people and him. I imagine she'd at the very least pull away from the war itself and try being neutral and joining Khadgar and Magni's Scooby Crew. And high chances would be that they'd not introduce the Void Elves in this case and go with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    These comics are awful...
    If you think this one is bad you should see the Jaina one. The art in this is 100 times better.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    telling her how Sylvanas is secretly Hitler or something
    Oh c'mon, that's not a fair comparison.

With the obvious "one being real, one being fictional" caveat, both were/are genocidal shitheads, but one couldn't resurrect the dead to serve as his thralls.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    she doesn't even know she's undead yet (possibly), a short scene on argus makes it sound like she may be about to find out, but we don't know until the comic comes out. the horde destroyed their lives, it's 100% healthy and normal to not have any reason whatsoever to believe that her being a warchief is somewhat ok
    Trolls (not the ones in the current Horde) had a longstanding war with the elves and killed her brother. They allied with the orcs which is why Silvermoon allied with Lordaeron.

A human price of Lordaeron had a power trip and lead an undead army that almost totally destroyed Silvermoon. Other humans who were still alive after this tried to kill the rest of the High Elves who became Blood Elves.

Which one seems worse? The ones who killed a few or the ones responsible for near extinction of their race?

- - - Updated - - -

She stopped hating the horde when on Draenor as in the book Beyond Dark Portal. If she was written consistently then she wouldn't have marched to Lor'themar with a message from Anduin she would have asked "What has hapened while I was away." and she would have rationally gone "Right so Human fucked us up leading mindless undead, then Human fucked us up by trying to execute our royal leader who was just helping the alliance, humans again fucked us up by pretending to be diplomatic and instead sending a dwarf and night elves to destroy our only defenses. While my sister saved our people for no reason other than to help. Then just a couple years ago a human once again fucked up and you're telling me my other sister helped with a massacre of our own people for just having green eyes? So why am I siding with humans when I am a Thalassian nationalist?"
    Exactly. Interested in how she made her decision to join the greatest enemies of her people.

Christ why did Blizz put on an SJW and a cuck to write storylines for the game.. This game would be so much better if the top execs didn't have awful wives.

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaL GuArD View Post
    Man, imagine the dilemma: Turalyon will be 100% Alliance, no ifs or buts, and Alleria would have to choose between her people and him. I imagine she'd at the very least pull away from the war itself and try being neutral and joining Khadgar and Magni's Scooby Crew. And high chances would be that they'd not introduce the Void Elves in this case and go with something else.
    Neither one of them should be Alliance. Or Horde. They fought a war for 1000 years against Sargeras, the greatest enemy of Azeroth, so they would likely not jump into the petty factional struggle after so great an undertaking. This factional conflict BTW could destroy the planet they wanted to save. It makes more sense for them to advocate peace and maybe rebuilding to fight some future powerful enemy.

Part of the reason I won't be playing BoA for a while if ever is that Legion is the end of all of the conflicts that started in WC1. Sargeras is dead, there is nothing else worthwhile to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahlae View Post
    Christ why did Blizz put on an SJW and a cuck to write storylines for the game.. This game would be so much better if the top execs didn't have awful wives.
    What the fuck are you talking about, excuse me, crying* about?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Maybe they are all gold diggers who prey on the shorter lifespan of humans! Of course that failed spectacularly given how Nathanos is undead and Tyralyon presumably have a longer than average lifespan because of the whole army of the light thing he has going on.

yes, more scantily clad female elf nonsense. WoW doesn't have enough of that.

Heheh I like when you say "she would rationally..." and then proceed to put everything through horde bias.

Look, we didn't get to see the whole of Alleria's learning about what has happened in game, but it's pretty evident she did her due diligence before going to visit Lor'themar; it only doesn't make "rational" sense if you believe she would obviously side with the Thalassian government and the horde.

And let's be clear, Alleria didn't care much for the government hen she decided to hunt down the horde, she always followed her own set of morals. A set of morals that lead her to see the alliance as her place, with a resolution that led her to be consider on of its greatest heroes.

Now we see her deciding that Quel'thalas made the wrong choices and her goal is to make it return to the alliance.

Disagree with her all you want, but to pretend this somehow betrays her character is just bias. Alleria has been staunchly alliance and anti horde since forever, that she "forgave" the horde doesn't mean at all she would happily JOIN them. Alleria isn't a Thalassian Nationalist, if anything she has the same sort of moralistic point of view than Vereesa that lead them to choose loyalty to those that thought like her than loyalty over her goverment, who she sees as flawed as its her duty to do something about it.

So yeah, she's an extremist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Trolls (not the ones in the current Horde) had a longstanding war with the elves and killed her brother. They allied with the orcs which is why Silvermoon allied with Lordaeron.

A human price of Lordaeron had a power trip and lead an undead army that almost totally destroyed Silvermoon. Other humans who were still alive after this tried to kill the rest of the High Elves who became Blood Elves.

Which one seems worse? The ones who killed a few or the ones responsible for near extinction of their race?
    People, CONTEXT. You can't try to parse her motivation thinking how you would think. Alleria was staunchly alliance, she never stopped being alliance, she sacrificed her life to save the alliance and Azeroth. She fell in love with someone who encompassed the greatest virtues of the alliance and had a son with him, all her friends were alliance, all the elves that followed her are still alliance.

Alleria is alliance, she believes on the alliance. Then the moment they defeated the horde and closed the portal, Quel'thalas just leaves the alliance. How is that not a betrayal of what Alleria believes? She doesn't blame the people, she still wants her people on the alliance, but is pretty evident she things Quel'thalas is in the wrong here.

So I get there's conflict in her head, but does it really surprise anyone that she would side with the alliance even after all this time?

If she had returned from Draenor before it exploded, do you think she would have returned to Quel'thalas, or stayed with Vereesa in Dalaran? Do you really think she wouldn't be ashamed of her goverment after everything the Sons of Lothar had to go through?

Like no joke, if Alleria had returned to Azeroth, it would be her the one leading the Silver Covenant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Goddess View Post
    It's in theatres now... coming this summer: Three Sisters. In a Van. And then a Meteor hit... and they ran as fast as they could from giant cat monsters... and then a giant tornado came.. and that's when things got.. knocked into 12th gear.

A Mexican.. armada shows up with weapons made from to-tomatoes and you better bet your bottom dollar that these three sisters know how to handle business! IN! ALIEN... UH INVASION TOMATO MONSTER MEXICAN ARMADA SISTERS WHO ARE JUST REGULAR SISTERS RUNNING IN A VAN FROM A ASTEROID AND ALL SORTS OF THINGS the movie!

HOLD ON! There's more! Old women are comin' and they're also in the movie and they're gonna come and cross attack these three sisters, but let's get back to the sisters because they're-they've got a strong bond.. you don't wanna know about it here, but I'll tell ya one thing: THE MOON! it comes crashing into Earth and whaddya do then? it's Three Sisters... and a.. and.. and they're gonna.. it's called Three Sisters. It's just called Three Sisters.
    Shall we discuss this plot over dinner?
    This is my signature. It states my prediction of the next expansion. Not only is it correct in my eyes, but should also be in yours too.
    Anyone who doesn't agree with me is an idiot, a bad, and a pleb.

- A Quote from every narcissistic, defiant, self-absorbed theorist on these forums. True story.

So is Blizzard gonna do a comic about a Horde character or....