Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Trump is a clear and present danger to our democracy.
    Because America was a normal country before Trump and will be a normal country after Trump

Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1003776875288842241

A god damn toddler in the White House....
    And remember, this is the man set to negotiate peace with North Korea. Man can't even handle his bruised ego long enough to host the Super Bowl Champions.

I'll tell you what this is...

It's chaff. It's Trump trying to change the topic from his legal absurdities of the last few days.

It's a gimmick that is working less and less for him.

But go ahead Trump you imbecile. Alienate Pennsylvania voters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Because America was a normal country before Trump and will be a normal country after Trump
    Never forget the temporary magnitude of our Trump fuck-up has nothing on the magnitude of Brexit.

We fucked ourselves for a few years.
    You fucked yourselves for fifty.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Where Melania at?

Said kidneys which I assumed means botox. Be good if she has run away. Will make a good few scenes when they make the movie.
    Actually heard a theory that shes being kept out of public in order to give trump and out so he can resign "because of her health".

Loud and proud? They managed to make it sound like a gay pride parade :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Never forget the temporary magnitude of our Trump fuck-up has nothing on the magnitude of Brexit.

Enjoy.
    I don't live in the UK anymore, but yea brexit is a disaster.

As for a few years, i think not. Never even acknowledging the symptoms that caused Trump let alone having any sort of plan to deal with them, or infact a will to deal with them is going to fuck America for a long old time.

This idea that Trump is an alien that dropped in from space and will zoom off in a few years and the ball will go back to rolling (and it was going in a bad fucking direction anyway) is laughable. There is a changing world out there, that us in the West have failed to see.

Progressive, secular, liberal democracy has ceded ground to populist, nativist and nationalists. Professionals across the spectrum have failed to understand what is thought and felt across vast tracts of our own countries. And we are scrambling to understand.T he examples we could have learned from have been out there. Erdoğan in Turkey, Rajapaksa in Sri Lanka, Modi in India, we could go to Latin America, Africa, east Asia and see more. Leaders who appealed to those who felt disenfranchised, betrayed and frustrated. Men that promised not just the balm of more wealth, wider and fairer opportunity, less corruption and better services, but the hugely potent medicine of national and cultural pride too. We have ignored these places, figured that when they develop the capabilities and attitudes to live their lives a little more like us thinks will balance out. Thought they were backwards. All of the time never acknowledging the same structural problems, attitudes and disasters that lie within our own countries.

We have adults who live in skyscrapers and believe in magic. I'm no rightwing crazy who speaks in apocalyptic terms, but there will be massive consequences for this new style of politics, pioneered in the developing world and now here in the first world and we are just getting started.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am born and raised an Eagles fan.

If Trump thinks he will score points with Eagles fans, by inviting them to the WH to meet the Eagles, then cancel the Eagles, he's exactly as mistaken as he was about basically everything else he's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

If Trump thinks he will score points with Eagles fans, by inviting them to the WH to meet the Eagles, then cancel the Eagles, he's exactly as mistaken as he was about basically everything else he's done.
    All I have to say is if Trump comes to Philly every store would be sold out of batteries...

10+ Year Old Account

Shoot I missed this post and made a thread about it. If the mods pinned this thread it would be helpful

Otherwise a president doing this is so petty and unusual. It might deserve it's own thread

Anyways I came to the thread since Manafort screwed up <again>. He’s lucky his patron-once-removed is willing to use the pardon power to obstruct justice:

The Special Counsel’s Office has accused Paul Manafort of attempting to shape potential witnesses’ testimony and has asked to send him to jail as he awaits his trial, according to a filing in DC District Court on Monday night.
    Manafort is currently out on house arrest and a $10 million unsecured bail, and is awaiting a trial in Virginia scheduled for late July and a trial in DC scheduled to begin in September. He has pleaded not guilty to charges related to his failure to disclose his lobbying work for a foreign government.
    Tampering with a witness is a crime in itself — and it’s one Manafort has not yet been charged with.
    Manafort’s lawyers did not immediately respond to CNN’s request for comment Monday night.

Stupid Watergate just has a way of alway lowering the bar.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/05/middl...ntl/index.html

I knew this would happen. I bet that Doomsday clock gets pushed closer to midnight this year.

2020 just cant get here fast enough. I hope people wise up and help the rest of us vote that bitch out of office.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post

I knew this would happen. I bet that Doomsday clock gets pushed closer to midnight this year.

2020 just cant get here fast enough. I hope people wise up and help the rest of us vote that bitch out of office.
    I'm pretty sure your fucked until another financial crisis. I'm out this bitch.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by Laerrus View Post

As much as I'd like to say Trump will be out when any other person, or potted planted, come around I'm sure Trump is going to win. People seem to love to get stupider.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Actually heard a theory that shes being kept out of public in order to give trump and out so he can resign "because of her health".
    Seems pretty unlikely. Resigning wouldn't stop the Mueller train, and would also remove the controversial pardon option and any question of executive privilege. If it happened I'd take it, but Trump's just coherent enough to realize resigning would turbofuck him even more than he already is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Trump keeps saying she is fine though. This would be out of nowhere. There is no build up to justify it.

The best guess that I have heard, is she had plastic surgery. Kind of how Carrie Underwood went missing, after she plastered her face over a set of stairs.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

Enjoy.
    Call me cynical, but this is all predicated on whether America's alt-right movement dies.

And given the look of things so far, even if Trump gets deposed, that is not likely to happen anytime soon.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

On the subject of Melania, she appeared at an event to honor Gold Star families yesterday.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/04/polit...tar/index.html

7+ Year Old Account
    So the special snowflake in chief cancelled the Eagles’ White House visit because nobody wanted to come.... I mean they “didn’t believe in s standing for the national anthem.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/0...T.nav=top-news

Here’s a full list of Eagles players who protested by kneeling:

(This list is huge)

(Phew, surprised I could fit them all)

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

Really? I would say the Trumpkins are going to eat this up. Actually if we want to even point to blue collar workers all throughout central and western Pennsylvania are going to love this. We all know this is some bs about somehow its the troops, patriotism and all that crap. Sorry for those fans (which Obama got in trouble for stating guns and religion. I agree with that even though he should not have said it) they may love the Eagles, but let's keep it real. They want the players to be put in their place. Shut and play and win games for me. I mean we will here "you get paid millions to play a game, so shutup".

Sadly we talked about this and this is working. Idc which fan base it was I think a good majority would be with Trump and say "shut and play".
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://twitter.com/MSNBC/status/1004058054206345217

McConnell cancels August recess “due to the historic obstruction by Senate Democrats of the president’s nominees, and the goal of passing appropriations bills prior to the end of the fiscal year.”
    tl;dr: McConnell is trying to press the scales by keeping Senate Democrats off the campaign trail by keeping them in Washington.

10+ Year Old Account
    DeVos: Safety commission won’t look at role of guns in school violence

"I see," Leahy responded. "So, you're studying gun violence but not considering the role of guns."
    A bit of cherrypicking on my part, but that doesn't change how disgusting this administration is for how they're dealing with the school shooting crisis.