Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Where did they say this? I've heard nothing of the sort and most people on the forums haven't either with how many titanforging is out of control threads there have been both here and on the official forums
    Specifically on the no TF thing. They have said that Azerite gear will not TF.

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    >Doing normal dungeon at 110
    >Getting scaled to 120
    >Get a 120 TF proc

I don't see the problem tbh
    You don't see the problem with being able to wear gear with stats intended for level 120 at level 110? It's Spear of Rethu all over again! Maybe they'll fix this one before it goes live.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    You don't see the problem with being able to wear gear with stats intended for level 120 at level 110? It's Spear of Rethu all over again! Maybe they'll fix this one before it goes live.
    You don't see that is clearly a bug? He was scaled to 120 but instead of dropping the 112 version, or whatever was his level, he got the 120 + TF.

A fucking BUG in BETA and people become slow, classic MMO-C

Occam Razor, if you hear clopity clop say horse not zebra.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    It perfectly fair (since everyone has the same chance to get it). And no, it's not too much RNG. It's actually awesome. I think it would be great to be the person who gets that drop. If other players can't handle someone else getting something nice, that's their problem.
    No, just because everyone has a small chance of getting it, it doesn't mean it's fair. It's highly unfair because, for example, people who are doing HC/mythic raids are giving effort, while some random nabnagget is getting +100ilvl item from a random normal dungeon. That's HIGHLY unfair and stupid, and only causes irritation. And it's not like "why do you care what else people are wearing?" - yes, I care. Because I want high ilvl players to be skilled, I want the game to be rewarding, it's not a lottery ticket. I think that the amount of RNG we had in the expansions before the Legion was totally fine. You weren't always getting the items you wanted from the certain bosses, but if you showed effort(killed 10 times a mythic boss) - you were getting them eventually.

Why not? When the new expansion arrives (with which this item can proc), level 110 will no longer be level cap. So while this 1 item might be quite a decent boost (10%?) at level 110, as you quickly level up, the rest of your gear will catch up pretty fast. It's fine to have a low chance of getting an item which will last you a few weeks.

And like I already said, this is not a new thing. I have picked up several ilevel 840 (and higher) BoE epics which only require you to be level 101. Hell, you can currently equip an ilevel 1000 legendary at 101.
    There items are from the previous expansions, so I don't really care. I'm talking about the whole TF thign.

Then you need to work on your ideas.

I mean, sure, if a current tier mythic raid epic titanforges for +100ilevels that would, indeed, be out of control. But that isn't even close to what we're talking about. The context is important. Honestly, if I took my level 101 druid (who already has a crafted legendary ilevel 1000 equipped) and got a lucky 845 drop, it's hardly going to be worth getting excited about. Because in a week he'll be level 110 and doing LFR for ilevel 915+.

You're making a big fuss about nothing.
    You know what they say "it's just alpa/beta/they'll patch this" etc. Better safe than sorry. If Blizz is going to give LFR/normal players HC/mythic ilvl reward then I'm done with this ridiculous game. I just want a fair loot and I think that the previous loot system was much better done.

No LFR player deserves normal ilvl items(etc. etc.), anyone who claim that he do is a lazy entitled player who didn't achieve anything in this game and probably in his life, because he wants a reward without effort.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that titanforging that high, assuming it wasn't a bug, was not egregious in and of itself, but rather that due to the randomness of the system, the small rarity of occurrences renders them trivial. Obviously if a large percentage of the player population was getting high levels on their items, it would be a cause for concern.
    Yes, I understand that we should look at the context. Getting heroic ilvl from leveling once a while is fine. But I hope that we won't get that on the higher ilvls(raids/M+ etc.).
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-06-05 at 08:59 AM.

Deleted
    As 11/11 M WF and TF are fine.

But not the Legion version were you can get the same or above itm lvl of higher difficulty.

I don't have problems if a newb doing LFR get a +15 TF , I have it when that +15 is basically above 10 item level an heroic or myth gear.

If the gap between LFR and Normal is like dunno 30 item lvl and you can hard TF +20 ok fine but not above +30.

Nevertheless there is still the RNG problem with PL in BfA were you cannot no longer get items through ML soon or later but is pure RNG.
    In that case there are scenario like : there is a myth raider that never got that boss Trinket but then during an HC run he drops that trinket and with a huge TF proc making it on the same level of its mythic counterpart

Now in this case you cannot really say " I don't wanna Plebs to have myth itm lvl gear " since this raider have the right and the experience.
    The curse of current WF TF is that everytime is a luck boost for someone and a unlucky boost for someone else, no middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    Where are you pulling these numbers out from? As far as I'm aware the only documented change to titanforging is the devs saying they don't want it to happen as frequently and that certain item slots won't TF at all.
    You are completely right and everybody who talks about caps or something like that is just talking bs.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No, just because everyone has a small chance of getting it, it doesn't mean it's fair.
    Actually that's exactly what it means.

It's highly unfair because, for example, people who are doing HC/mythic raids are giving effort, while some random nabnagget is getting +100ilvl item from a random normal dungeon.
    Dude, get a grip. He won an item of the same ilevel as what you get from a heroic dungeon. He didn't get HC/Mythic raid level of gear. If your level 100 alt runs Eye of Azshara normal and gets an item that procs to ilevel 845, that doesn't even come close to comparing the 970+ gear worn by HC/Mythic raiders.

That's HIGHLY unfair and stupid, and only causes irritation. And it's not like "why do you care what else people are wearing?" - yes, I care. Because I want high ilvl players to be skilled, I want the game to be rewarding, it's not a lottery ticket.
    At this point you're just ranting. The simple fact is that the game does reward skill and effort with ilevel. There is a huge correlation between skill + effort and ilevel. Sure, some random low-skill player can get lucky with a spectacular TF roll, but without the skill and effort it's not going to translate into a significant ilevel because the rest of their gear will still be rubbish.

I think that the amount of RNG we had in the expansions before the Legion was totally fine. You weren't always getting the items you wanted from the certain bosses, but if you showed effort(killed 10 times a mythic boss) - you were getting them eventually.
    In this regard nothing has changed.

There items are from the previous expansions, so I don't really care. I'm talking about the whole TF thign.
    But the nett effect is the same. So what this really tells me is that you have a problem with TF simply because you want to have a problem with TF on principle, not because it's an actual problem.

You know what they say "it's just alpa/beta/they'll patch this" etc. Better safe than sorry. If Blizz is going to give LFR/normal players HC/mythic ilvl reward then I'm done with this ridiculous game.
    I am not even assuming it's a bug. I would be quite fine if it wasn't because, as I have repeatedly said, the final item isn't particularly great at level cap, where the ilevel actually starts to matter for raiding.

So basically you're massively overreacting on a broader issue (TF) because of a specific case that isn't even a real problem.

What you're actually worried about is TF on LFR/normal. But even then, I think your concerns aren't really warranted. Just because there is a chance that an LFR/normal item drop could TF to HC/mythic level doesn't mean that LFR/normal players are going to land up with HC/mythic ilvls. The simple fact is that HC/Mythic raiders have been, and will continue to be, significantly better geared than LFR/normal players.

Actually that's exactly what it means.
    Not really, your'e not considering all factors and your point of view is too narrowed. For a mythic player that luck is less significant than for the LFR/normal player. Because of the cap the mythic player can get what? 985 ilvl? I got 960 ilvl trinket from the normal on my alt.

What you're actually worried about is TF on LFR/normal. But even then, I think your concerns aren't really warranted. Just because there is a chance that an LFR/normal item drop could TF to HC/mythic level doesn't mean that LFR/normal players are going to land up with HC/mythic ilvls. The simple fact is that HC/Mythic raiders have been, and will continue to be, significantly better geared than LFR/normal players.
    I understand, but there's no reason why they could even get items ilvl higher than their current progress.

My problems with TF is that it's unfair, that's all. There should be 20 ilvl cap for it - fine. But no more.

I'm not whinning or anything, but saying that's TF system is fair is just wrong.
    I don't think it's a game-breaking as it is now, but I'm just showing flaws of that system.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-06-05 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    TF 115 level is a bug. No matter how you put it.

Also I would like to see the item lvl of items at 120 not during levelling tbh

Because I find strange that is 210 then 325 and 340

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No LFR player deserves normal ilvl items(etc. etc.), anyone who claim that he do is a lazy entitled player who didn't achieve anything in this game and probably in his life, because he wants a reward without effort.
    Ironically, when you say stuff like this it makes you sound very entitled....

Personally I would agree that it would poor game design to give equal rewards to everyone regardless of effort. But just because the game gives those putting in the most effort the lion's share of awesome loot, that doesn't mean that the game shouldn't offer the odd tidbit to those who put in less effort. That is what TF/WF really is. A taste.

Yes, I understand that we should look at the context. Getting heroic ilvl from leveling once a while is fine. But I hope that we won't get that on the higher ilvls(raids/M+ etc.).
    There is nothing to suggest that this would be the case....

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    For level 110 the base item is 210. You're looking at level 120 loot for the same dungeon.
    So it's clearly a bug then, isn't it?

There is nothing to suggest that this would be the case....
    I hope so.

Ironically, when you say stuff like this it makes you sound very entitled....
    I want LFR players to get LFR ilvl items and mythic players to get mythic ilvl items. I think that would be fine and fair.

Personally I would agree that it would poor game design to give equal rewards to everyone regardless of effort. But just because the game gives those putting in the most effort the lion's share of awesome loot, that doesn't mean that the game shouldn't offer the odd tidbit to those who put in less effort. That is what TF/WF really is. A taste.
    Okay. I completely agree here. But I just don't want it to happen very often, I saw heroic players with ilvl mythic items in every of their gear slot, that was just too much I think.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want LFR players to get LFR ilvl items and mythic players to get mythic ilvl items. I think that would be fine and fair.
    <snip>
    I saw heroic players with ilvl mythic items in every of their gear slot, that was just too much I think.
    Part of the philosophy of TF/WF is that over time players accumulate better gear at a diminishing rate of return. What that means is that the bar for each level of content keeps rising. So at this stage of the Antorus tier, yes, one should expect most HC raiders to have "mythic" level of gear. But bear in mind that by the same token, mythic raiders should expect to have TF Mythic levels of gear.

This is no different in principle from, for example, people doing LFR Antorus having better gear than Mythic Nighthold gear. Just because it's better than what mythic raiding was doesn't mean that it's comparable to what it now is

I saw a guy get 375 piece from normal BfA dungeon yesterday. This is dumb system.

You don't see that is clearly a bug? He was scaled to 120 but instead of dropping the 112 version, or whatever was his level, he got the 120 + TF.
    You pretty much missed the point completely. It's not in question that this is a bug, not even sure how you got that idea from my post, it's in question wether it gets fixed before launch.
    Samin
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    You pretty much missed the point completely. It's not in question that this is a bug, not even sure how you got that idea from my post, it's in question wether it gets fixed before launch.
    Have you problem to comprehend text?

Fix what? A 115 TF is a beta bug it isn't the normal TF proc.

Holy cow wake up.

The fact that people are actually thinking they will make TF procs even for 100+ makes me questioning if you are clueless or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    For level 110 the base item is 210. You're looking at level 120 loot for the same dungeon.
    then the ilvl cap is based on the base itemlevel without downscaling and is a bug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    then the ilvl cap is based on the base itemlevel without downscaling and is a bug.
    Thank God someone else got it, I was losing faith in mmo c users.

Have you problem to comprehend text?

Fix what? A 115 TF is a beta bug it isn't the normal TF proc.

Holy cow wake up.

The fact that people are actually thinking they will make TF procs even for 100+ makes me questioning if you are clueless or trolling.
    Yes, exactly. Fix what? The bug? That's preposterous! Outrageous! Never have I heard such a ridiculous proposition. Wake up! This is just a bug, nothing to fix there! Literally working as intended...that's what bug means, right?

Are you by any chance working QA for Blizzard? That would explain many things.
    Samin

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Specifically on the no TF thing. They have said that Azerite gear will not TF.
    That's a huge difference from "limit titanforging to a certain itemlevel above the item's base ilevel"
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.