Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    D3 has sold over 30 million copies.

D4 will probably make more in a day (esp if it releases jointly on consoles) than PoE will in its entire lifetime.
    And? I’m not talking about making money I’m talking about the longevity of the game and the content they put out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    It's a different audience, Diablo is a big budget mainstream game that caters to the everyday gamer within that genre, where as Path of Exile is a more niche product catering to the hardcore fan of the genre, the more purist. Blizzard's Diablo 3 also has a much more meaty/polished gameplay than Path of Exile, the art direction is much more unique, more grandoise, much more polished and modern looking.

Blizzard also has more marketing clout than any other gaming company. Maybe a Diablo 4 can't compete with POE from the perspective of a purist/niche ARPG hack and slash players point of view, but from the point of view of a mainstream AAA game Diablo 4 will be a giant by comparison.
    That’s true I know a few people who prefer diablo 3 because it’s eaysier and less complicated even though it doesn’t get any where near as much content.

Ive wanted to play POE, but I am 100% lost.. I need a mentor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    That’s true I know a few people who prefer diablo 3 because it’s eaysier and less complicated even though it doesn’t get any where near as much content.
    I prefer D3 because I don't like PoE's art style, and I think the game play is seriously lacking in PoE. It plays extremely clunky compared to D3. However, PoE is vastly superior where content is concerned. D3's endgame is lacking, and the set item power creep is shite.

7+ Year Old Account
    hmmm blizzard has 206 job openings that is alot of people that retired.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

I would not mind another expansion or just a new class. I enjoyed the necromancer. I played it quite a bit all the way to 70. POE is not a bad game but I don't like it as much as D3. The only thing I want them to change in D4 is to make the world more RPG-ish.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm cautiously optimistic that the current state of the ARPG genre will help Blizzard realize and fix some of the many weaknesses found in Diablo 3. While its production values are through the roof and provide an extremely satisfying combat experience it certainly fell short when it came to the end game, atmosphere, build diversity and community interaction.

Some are fanatically tribal when it comes to brand loyalty but I think most would drool over the thought of combining the best features found in Diablo 3 and Path of Exile.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

D3 switch port. I wouldn’t expect d4 news til next year if ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    D3 switch port. I wouldn’t expect d4 news til next year if ever.
    It's specifically for an art person. You wouldn't need an art person for a port unless you are adding exclusive content, and I highly doubt they would for a port.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    True but as we have seen from d3 brand power doesn’t do much when the game is trash.
    Not everyone shared the opinion that it was trash, and it sold a fucking fuckton of copies regardless of the mixed reception.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Would have to make be a huge rework of an expansion or another game entirely to get my attention. ATM D3 is just a smooth playing arcade game and selling a playable character for the game without touching it's re-playability issues was the nail on the coffin for me.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    D3 has sold over 30 million copies.

D4 will probably make more in a day (esp if it releases jointly on consoles) than PoE will in its entire lifetime.
    D3 came with an extremely good rep.

D4 wont

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Not sure if you realize that but some of those might be new jobs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Not everyone shared the opinion that it was trash, and it sold a fucking fuckton of copies regardless of the mixed reception.
    It sold a shitton because D2 had an extremely good rep and because some people didnt reach the end game and thought getting blues for 2 hour then never playing it again made it a gr8 game

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is that it could be a phone game.

Unannounced Diablo Project job listings have been floating around for years now and it started with project lead type job listings with now moving to active development job listings, so something has been brewing ever since RoS got released or at least since 2nd expansion for D3 got booted. As to what stage we are in, they are still looking for dungeon designers and stuff, so would expect them to be around the half point of development with tools ready and full stage production has started.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Game development isn't really a stable job, they usually last till the job is done and after evaluation you may or may not get a more secure position or assignment to another project.

And they have 7 announced developments, battlenet upkeep, admistration, marketing, esports, unannounced mobile game, unannounced diablo project, rumored battle royale game(the other unannounced project).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    D3 came with an extremely good rep.

D4 wont
    Original D3 sold 12 million copies in the first year, so those ~20 million came with your "not extremely good rep".

Deleted
    Hope in "World" of Diablo

15+ Year Old Account
    Ble Diablo, gave me a soar mouse arm
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

hopes for open world single player RPG

edit: incoming Diablo battle royal - take part in the battle between heave and hell in an all new way. >.>
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2018-06-05 at 07:11 PM.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Unannounced Diablo Project job listings have been floating around for years now and it started with project lead type job listings with now moving to active development job listings, so something has been brewing ever since RoS got released or at least since 2nd expansion for D3 got booted. As to what stage we are in, they are still looking for dungeon designers and stuff, so would expect them to be around the half point of development with tools ready and full stage production has started.

Game development isn't really a stable job, they usually last till the job is done and after evaluation you may or may not get a more secure position or assignment to another project.

And they have 7 announced developments, battlenet upkeep, admistration, marketing, esports, unannounced mobile game, unannounced diablo project, rumored battle royale game(the other unannounced project).

- - - Updated - - -

Original D3 sold 12 million copies in the first year, so those ~20 million came with your "not extremely good rep".
    Takes time to ruin that good a rep

This looks exciting. I wonder if they'll have D3 systems... you know, the ones everyone "likes."

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt this is just for a expansion. That ship sailed almost two years ago. Adding a new expac to a fundlementally broken game would be a bad idea. Unless they completely overhaul the skill and progression system for a old game which I doubt.

Diablo 4 seems like the likely candidate. Or a reboot of the first two games.

My biggest FEAR is that they try to go the MMO route. If WoW killed Warcraft RTS, then a Diablo MMO would kill their future Diablo dungeon crawler. No fucking thank you. I am tired of seeing games go MMO and forcing the developers to leave the true fans in the dark for a decade. See ESO and what happened to the plans for ES6.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2018-06-05 at 08:18 PM.

Diablo 2 HD?

I'd pay money for that.